• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Art of Aurora DS EU 31 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sure two mins I'll go take one.

edit: added pics.

I love the box but the actual pin isn't wowing me.
I think the fairies look awful :(

Last edited:
Am I the only one that doesn't like this pin? Her eyes put me right off this pin the ariel was far better than this one

Nope. She's got that Tammy-Faye-Baker-how-many-gallons-of-mascra-can-I-get-away-with-look. The rest of the pin is pretty. But the eyes -- well -- don't have it. Maybe it will be better in person.

I'd say they are more a false eyelash :lol: (tryna stick up for poor aurora pin here)

:poke:Ok, ok, ok, Aurora's not feeling the love. But if it's false eyelashes, can we talk about the length? She could snag planes with those things! :lol:

I still really love it. :) yeah the fairies look weird but Aurora still wows me. It really does look like Mary Blair art.

I think Aurora looks great the picture of the actual pin looks a lot better. Those eyes aren't that bad. The fairies look a little bit odd now instead of aurora though (in my opinion aurora still looks quite classic)

I actually think the fairies look quite cute! Mind thats probably just me trying to make it sounds a good as possible to warrant spending all of my savings on the pin... Im getting a little worried with all the negative opinions :sad:

I actually think the fairies look quite cute! Mind thats probably just me trying to make it sounds a good as possible to warrant spending all of my savings on the pin... Im getting a little worried with all the negative opinions :sad:

Yes, that would be the case. :lol:

All joking aside - if you like the pin, that's all that matters. I have a number of pins, that I adore, that have hardly made a blip on the pin community's radar. Collect what YOU LIKE; it's YOUR collection. :hug:

Last edited:
Yes, that would be the case. :lol:

All joking aside - if you like the pin, that's all that matters. I have a number of pins, that I adore, that have hardly made a blip on the pin community's radar. Collect what YOU LIKE; it's YOUR collection. :hug:

This!

I bought this to be a trader but Aurora looks so good I am very tempted to keep her. She's the focus. Not those sharpie fairys.

Thi

I bought this to be a trader but Aurora looks so good I am very tempted to keep her. She's the focus. Not those sharpie fairys.

This so rarely happens -- :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: -- how else do you think the ever vigilant collector gets side-tracked........"I collect (insert theme) only -- well then there's this ONE pin --- ehem -- yeah, then is this other -- ummmm -- I forgot what the reason was, but it was valid, because it-fits-in-with-my-theme-because-another-member-told-me-it-did!! :facepalm::hsd:

I have to admit, while not receiving mine, the photos of the pin look REALLY nice. While I would not say it's as nice as the Art of Ariel last year, this pin definitely does not deserve all the flack it is getting. I think it's adorable and the fairies are meant to look kind of chibi (not to mention they are tiny so already it's a hard paint job).

Can't wait to get mine in a week (didn't do express but I'm in the US so I got it this past Sunday :)

I have to admit, while not receiving mine, the photos of the pin look REALLY nice. While I would not say it's as nice as the Art of Ariel last year, this pin definitely does not deserve all the flack it is getting. I think it's adorable and the fairies are meant to look kind of chibi (not to mention they are tiny so already it's a hard paint job).

Can't wait to get mine in a week (didn't do express but I'm in the US so I got it this past

there is other pins out there of the fairies and of aurora which have the eyes perfect I believe the flaws on this pin will effect the tradability of this pin boy am I glad I didn't try to get this pin!

fairies look comical. like someone just took a sharpie and was like "let's try to go for things like the 'me gusta' face".

like the dress though.

Can't wait to get mine in a week (didn't do express but I'm in the US so I got it this past Sunday :)

+1! The art they chose wasn't easy to translate into a pin but they did a great job. They look cute and I love how Aurora is in blue, compliments the box colour really well.

Despite a lot of folks saying they don't like the pin, I really think it is going to grow on people. The art style is unique and cute. I got mine today and I love it. If you get up close it looks a little odd, but from a short distance you pick up on the line work and it looks like a colored pencil drawing, which was the effect they were going for. It definitely stands out in a collection!

Got mine today and all I can say is WOW! If you don't like the sharpie look of these pins, this won't change you, it's very similar to these pins:

pin47769
pin46597

So those that don't like this pin definitely won't like the ones above either, but it's a style choice which is fine ^_^

I think while this pin is initially "untradable" to some people, people already have to remember that it's selling for over $100 at the moment and I think as the style grows on people, it will only rise in price, so missing out on it when it was $50, you'll definitely never get it that low again.

The one thing I will admit I don't like about the pin is her lips, there is this weird thing at the top and I have no idea what it up with it, but besides that, I have to admit I really do like the pin. Not as much as Ariel (I don't think anyone thinks this one is nicer) but in its own right, REALLY nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back