• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

BANNED What does that mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
BANNED What does that mean

shls062167

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I bought a pin from a fellow DPF"R and haven't received it. They did reply they were so busy but would get it in the mail ASAP.
Well, today I went to message them and it says BANNED. Does that mean I'm banned for them or they have been banned from DPF?
Also, am I out my money?

Oh no, sorry to hear that! It's quite possible that this person might have been one of those that volunteered for the Secret Santa gift exchange and didn't follow through .. Therefore got Banned from the forum.

Hope you get your pin you paid for.

Oh wow that's messed up. Hope you get your pin or your money back at least. Did you pay with PayPal? Maybe you should give them a call and see what options you have.
good luck

I know who you re talking about and looking at his feedback, this person has a history of unfulfilled commitments. Since he is banned already, I doubt that he would listen to the mods anymore. But you might want to contact them just in case.

I truly hope that you used your credit card and not paid him as "gift". If you used your credit card or purchased as "goods" then you can hopefully get your money back from Paypal or your credit card.

Best of luck :)

I know who you re talking about and looking at his feedback, this person has a history of unfulfilled commitments. Since he is banned already, I doubt that he would listen to the mods anymore. But you might want to contact them just in case.

I truly hope that you used your credit card and not paid him as "gift". If you used your credit card or purchased as "goods" then you can hopefully get your money back from Paypal or your credit card.

Best of luck :)

oh wow, thanks for the advice...I had no idea about the pay as gift...or goods thing. I will bear that in mind for future trades and purchases, thanks merry weather :)

I have been waiting for a pin from this member for four weeks!!! then he said he got his pin and he would send my pin before this friday as he was swamped.....this was for my Auction for Wreck it Ralph pin....I am now at a loss

oh wow, thanks for the advice...I had no idea about the pay as gift...or goods thing. I will bear that in mind for future trades and purchases, thanks merry weather :)

Here is a great guide written by Li (starry_solo) on Pin Buying on DPF, and I am surprised that it was not made into Sticky

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?20556-A-Guide-to-Pin-Buying-on-DPF&highlight=buying+guide

Always check the other member's feedback.

The person in question here had very questionable patterns. Once he placed several pins from me on hold, negotiated nail &tooth on already low asking prices and then he went totally dead-beat when it was time to pay. By then, he was new on the forum and I gave him benefit of doubt. But fast forward some time later and his feedback speaks for itself :(

Last edited:
Actually I think I know who it is. Interestingly enough, being banned does not stop you from logging into DPF. I don't know if it's supposed to stop you from posting or PM'g, but some weeks back I pulled up a couple of profiles of members who had just posted and they were marked as banned.

Turns out someone who wanted to buy one of my pins is banned. PM me the name of your person cause I wanna see if it's the person.

this person might also be banned on Pic Pics if they have lots of bad trades and other bad activities

I understand there are rules to follow, but it would save a lot of time if I could post the name!!! This person is also on eBay under the same name with 90% feedback!!!

This thread actually poses a couple very good questions... Can a MOD please chime in?

If a member is banned, why can they still sign in?
What is the difference between a temporary bann and a permanent bann?
If they are banned from here for trade problems, why NOT say what their pinpics ID is publicly?

Thanks for the name. It is the same person who wanted to buy a pin from me. Sure glad I couldn't find the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back