• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

BANNED What does that mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow wee...yeh i mean if you are rude enough to constantly screw othes over, then sell on ebay and have bad feedback there i say post the darn name and save us all from PMing.....but i guess i can see its best to keep names outa problems publically cause then peole would be tossing names out for every little thing and alot of bickering comes out of that. I will PM somebody and them to my naughty list--yes i have one

oh wow, thanks for the advice...I had no idea about the pay as gift...or goods thing. I will bear that in mind for future trades and purchases, thanks merry weather :)

If you are out of the country and pay as goods, you will have to pay for online tracking to your country, which is costly. Something to keep in mind when buying from US sellers...

This thread actually poses a couple very good questions... Can a MOD please chime in?

If a member is banned, why can they still sign in?
What is the difference between a temporary bann and a permanent bann?
If they are banned from here for trade problems, why NOT say what their pinpics ID is publicly?

I've also wondered just what it takes to be permanently banned. I had a bad experience with this same member. I usually check feedback before buying/trading, but somehow I hadn't noticed it in this case (he already had bad feedback from some pretty experienced DPF'ers). During my lengthy campaign to get my pins I let the mods know what was going on, and I asked just how many bad incidents it takes to get banned. I didn't get an answer so I'm guessing there's no rule for this?

Here is a great guide written by Li (starry_solo) on Pin Buying on DPF, and I am surprised that it was not made into Sticky

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?20556-A-Guide-to-Pin-Buying-on-DPF&highlight=buying+guide

Always check the other member's feedback.

The person in question here had very questionable patterns. Once he placed several pins from me on hold, negotiated nail &tooth on already low asking prices and then he went totally dead-beat when it was time to pay. By then, he was new on the forum and I gave him benefit of doubt. But fast forward some time later and his feedback speaks for itself :(

Thanks Selen! I will need to update the international shipping portion because the prices skyrocketed in January 2013!

all of the recent bannings have been as a result of the SS 2012 program (failure to deliver).

Well sadly i just learned who it is and they have been on my crap list for 2 years....what an ugly mess i had trying to get my stupid pin from him.....i have never talked to or traded again with them. It would seem everyone has the same experience LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK people. At this point i dont see why anyone is even entertaining a trade or buying from them...please look at feedback. Ebay also, if a seller does not have 100% i never buy, not even if they have 99%. On dizpins if a person has less than 10 ref i actually take the time to email some of the folks who are lised as references..in fact i just did this and talked to Gregand Debbie from on here. ok i have said enough.

So uptownbabe, I PMed you instead of shls062167, my bad, but I recently contacted someone about a trade because I really want this pin, but I know he has a reputation for always "quitting pin trading" and since I PMed him, and he responded with a lot of interest I haven't heard back from him, so I'm wanting to know if it's the same person. So if anyone could let me know who this is and I'll give up on the pin and back away from the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back