• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beauty and the Beast PodM date change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty and the Beast PodM date change?

Romancing_Train

EVERYPONY calm the buck down!
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I saw on the Disney pins face book that the date maybe changed to the 29th, the week after Thanksgiving.

BUT

The Artist signing is listed as the 23rd on the main Disney site...Does anybody else know?

doesnt make sense at this late date to change the release. the signing is scheduled. it is hard to change that sort of event.

However. changing it now would be good for lots of people.. just not me. I find myself hopeing that it is still thanksgiving.

Talked to one of the managers at PTN...he said they were thinking of changing the date. We begged him not to....we shall see. They should keep the date!

They better not. I am on company travel on the 29th, I'll be really sad and PO'd if it gets moved to that date! Seems way too late in the game to switch it now. People are already making plans, requesting days off, booking travel.

I hope they do not change the date I have planed like alot of others that day. I also feel it is too late in the game. they do not change other dates due to it not working out for some.

I am hoping the date stays as Thanksgiving since our hotel reservations and park restaurant reservations are all made. It will be impossible to get things changed at this time.

I for one, am sick of Disney changing PTN dates and release dates....people literally pay and plan for trips based on certain events...thats so rude!

I seem to be in the minority here, and I would feel bad for all the people that have made plans already for this release, but for me personally...

I would be SO happy if they changed the date! My family does Thanksgiving lunch, and there is no way I can go to this release and be back in time for lunch, and if I did try to get up early and go to this release I couldn't help cook and would feel bad LOL. So if they did actually change the date I would be super happy! :) I did think it was strange that they were trying to release a super popular PODM on a major holiday, but I guess we will see what happens. :)

I am also in the minority, praying for a date change!!!! I have a friend that is willing to pick one up for me but the Thanksgiving day release was going to make it pretty impossible.

everyone that does not want it to change because of travel plans and such...you NEED to call guest services and let them know ASAP!!!! SERIOUSLY...LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!!

I can't find a phone number right now.,...but here is an email for the web site...

Thank you for your interest in Disney.com. We always enjoy hearing about our Guests' online experiences and encourage you to share any comments or questions you may have.

You can do so by e-mailing us at support@disneyonline.com.

I sent my email not that it really matters to them they do not really care I think if they mess people up or not. Very upsetting to have this in limbo I am such a huge BATB person well if it is the 29th of November looks like my kids will miss school that day.

+1
Same here,
At least we homeschool, so we can do school on the ride there and even while we stand in line, but, I would so keep them out of school for a BatB PODM release, lol.
On the bright side, I would save hundreds of dollars in hotel fees if they change it because in order for us to go to this release and still have thanksgiving, which is our main family holiday, we would need to rent a condo to have dinner there.
I don't think they can win either way, they dropped the ball by choosing the original date to be on t-day, many will be upset if they keep it that, many others will be upset if they change it.

Although it would be inconvenient for me, I do feel bad for the people who have already made reservations and travel plans, it does seem unfair to those people. Been there, done that.

I sent my email not that it really matters to them they do not really care I think if they mess people up or not. Very upsetting to have this in limbo I am such a huge BATB person well if it is the 29th of November looks like my kids will miss school that day.

I know I will hear it about keeping kids out of School but I do not care... I sent a email but like I said it is a catch 22 damned if you do damned if you dont.

I was not collecting PoDM's at the time... But from what I heard... Please correct me if I am wrong... But didn't they do this exact same thing last Thanksgiving for the Lady and The Tramp PoDM's and went ahead and changed the date from 11/24/2011 to 11/17/2011...???

They did the same thing but did not announce the change until weeks before the release... You would think that they would learn from last years mistake...:banghead:

Lol, don't listen to those people, who cares what they say. People will always find things to complain about.
My kids have never sat in a school room, and I have always been attacked by people because we don't follow traditional school days or hours, although its my legal right. You are the parent, you know what your child can handle or not.

This is Beauty and the Beast we are talking about!!!!

I know I will hear it about keeping kids out of School but I do not care... I sent a email but like I said it is a catch 22 damned if you do damned if you dont.

Haha darn right !
When my Mum home schooled me back in 2006/7, we too had different hours. And that's fine ! You don't learn any less because you're in a different environment or don't finish at 3pm everyday.

I was not collecting PoDM's at the time... But from what I heard... Please correct me if I am wrong... But didn't they do this exact same thing last Thanksgiving for the Lady and The Tramp PoDM's and went ahead and changed the date from 11/24/2011 to 11/17/2011...???

They did the same thing but did not announce the change until weeks before the release... You would think that they would learn from last years mistake...:banghead:

I heard the story was they didn't want to pay the extra workers time and a half for scheduling them on a holiday. Or that was their excuse anyway. Not like they aren't already employee 1000+ people for that day at the parks anyways?

I heard the story was they didn't want to pay the extra workers time and a half for scheduling them on a holiday. Or that was their excuse anyway. Not like they aren't already employee 1000+ people for that day at the parks anyways?

I beleive it is more just carelessness, as they just schedule them for Thursdays as it always works for them... Never planning ahead for this one holiday that is always on Thursdays... I mean year after year, you would think by now there is a special note or postie in the scheduler's calendar saying...

"Do Not Schedule Pin Releases on Thanksgiving!!!!"

I for one hope they don't change it. I already planned a thanksgiving with my mom and bf and friend the night before then head on over to the line at DTD. Would hate that I didn't have an excuse why i couldn't make it to see the rest of my family. :sad:

I think it is great you home school my hats go off to you I for one could not do it.

Lol, don't listen to those people, who cares what they say. People will always find things to complain about.
My kids have never sat in a school room, and I have always been attacked by people because we don't follow traditional school days or hours, although its my legal right. You are the parent, you know what your child can handle or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back