• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Beauty and the Beast PodM date change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty and the Beast PodM date change?
I'm genuinely torn on this issue.

I think, even with the wristband system in place, this release of an already popular pin series with an extremely popular Disney film, on a holiday, where pretty much everyone is off work... I honestly think it will still be madness. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the scalpers and the other people (the ones who were reported to have camped the day before at starting at 4:00 pm for other PODM releases) now bring larger groups of people. I've already heard friends of mine worried about the same thing and so they are talking about parking elsewhere and coming and camping outside ESPN Zone/Rainforest Cafe. I know that it's technically against the rules but Disneyland has yet to enforce this (it wasn't enforced for SBW or Mulan since both releases I was told of people who arrived the previous day at 4pm and set up camp/chairs and also witnessed people there prior to 5/6am ). Also add to the fact that I've commonly heard of collectors bringing all their family members for multiple scenes (which is easier now given the holiday). For all these reasons, I kind of hope they change the date.

I also talked to the cast member about this issue at PTN. Basically stating that if DISNEY makes rules stating NO lining up before 6am...then they NEED to enforce them. If they don't then people will just come earlier and earlier...and earlier...you know. Also talked about them doing an online wristband distribution. We all agreed this would be the best thing. I am hoping that is why they pulled it on the website...to set that up. That would be super awesome.

Being that it is a Holiday the Pin Traders line would be crazy and they would run out of wristbands quickly. Leaving only the Premium pass people...or people willing to pay to get into the park access to the rest of the pins.

No one has mentioned it yet, but the referenced facebook page is not run by Disney - its run by one (or more) Disney Collector(s) / Seller(s) out of Brooksville, Florida

Also talked about them doing an online wristband distribution. We all agreed this would be the best thing
If they do that then all the whining on here will be about "how it is not fair that (insert Name Here) didn't get selected. I for one do not agree with letting a computer tell me I can or cannot buy a pin.

If they do that then all the whining on here will be about "how it is not fair that (insert Name Here) didn't get selected. I for one do not agree with letting a computer tell me I can or cannot buy a pin.

+10000000!!!

I hope they don't do online wristbands. Coming up with a viable solution here is tough. But yes, if Disney says no lining up until 6, then no one should be allowed to line up before 6. The only issue I see with enforcing that rule is a mad mob rushing to the line when the parking lot opens. I can imagine people running through the parking lot right at 5:59 just to get in line. I honestly don't think there is any solution that will make everyone happy. They just need to make a rule that is fair, and make it soon.

In my opinion, there is no system that is completely fair and I think that Disney needs to use a system that is deemed the most safe. We have all seen what happens when people, who have the time and means to line up early, are denied that simple luxury. There is a multitude of unofficial lines, a mad dash to the official line, and a lot of fighting/arguing over who was first and whatnot. I say that if the lines are civil and no one is causing an issue or destroying property, that allowing people to line up whenever they want is ultimately the most safe method of ensuring a place in line for a wristband.

Online wristbanding seems to work fine, when you have some means of restricting the number of entries, like one entry per AP number, but I really don't see it working well for an open entry system. People will simply enter multiple, multiple, times, in order to increase their chances of getting a wristband. Then, if those people manage to win multiple times, they will simply either not use those extra wristbands and screw up the system or they will sell the extras to the highest bidder.

I haven't seen anything blatently wrong with the system they have been using for the past two or three releases. It seems there have been plenty of people who have been able to get their pins and the safety of the releases has been increased, because the wristbands have severely cut down on the running, shoving, and outright rude behavior displayed by people who are supposed to be adults.

It is fairly obvious what needs to be done, if you want a good chance at getting the pins. Plan ahead and take the day off from work. Also plan to spend a very long time in a line, as it literally takes a ton of work and planning to get these pins now and I don't think it's fair to whine about not getting pins because someone isn't willing to put in the time and work required to get these pins.

Just my opinion, really. :)

PODM wrist bands only ment 2 things for me:

1~ horay, I can get a couple if I get there on time.
2~ I didnt have to try and run mad dash pell mell to get to a line, which was impossible for me with 2 little kids.

wrist banding was good. Online distibution would suck. I fail to see why disney would start that at this late date since there are only 3 more podm releases.

back on the topic of date change: Also seriously doubt its gonna change now.

PODM wrist bands only ment 2 things for me:

1~ horay, I can get a couple if I get there on time.
2~ I didnt have to try and run mad dash pell mell to get to a line, which was impossible for me with 2 little kids.

wrist banding was good. Online distibution would suck. I fail to see why disney would start that at this late date since there are only 3 more podm releases.

back on the topic of date change: Also seriously doubt its gonna change now.

This isn't completely true. I mean there's been a lot of he said she said with NO official announcmnt, documentation and otherwise saying HEY THERES NO MORE.

I only say this because theres been a to of artists and CM and officials saying they may not continue right away but they will continue.

Well lot's more of the November pins are starting to show on the official pin site. The WDW Christmas Party and Hotel Gingerbread houses for example. Still no sign of the PODM. Makes me think they are going to keep this one close to the vest. We'll see as they are still working on the site.

Last edited:
Well lot's more of the November pins are starting to show. The WDW Christmas Party and Hotel Gingerbread houses for example. Still no sign of the PODM. Makes me think they are going to keep this one close to the vest. We'll see as they are still working on the site.

The hotel pins are already showing up? Aw man I need the Contemporary Resort one :(

+10000000!!!

I hope they don't do online wristbands. Coming up with a viable solution here is tough. But yes, if Disney says no lining up until 6, then no one should be allowed to line up before 6. The only issue I see with enforcing that rule is a mad mob rushing to the line when the parking lot opens. I can imagine people running through the parking lot right at 5:59 just to get in line. I honestly don't think there is any solution that will make everyone happy. They just need to make a rule that is fair, and make it soon.

I agree. Rules that are stated or posted should be adhered to. However, I think that if they were to enforce the "No Line Up" rule, what you mentioned is exactly what will happen. Or...the line will form on the street outside DTD parking lot along the fence. I almost feel a bit sympathetic for Disneyland employees in some sense because I'm sure that they get a plethora of complaints about this issue and yet, finding a solution that is safe AND effective is tough when you sit down and think about it. I do ... kind of think the online wristband thing would be appropriate. It'd be like the DisneyStore.com pin releases. They release at a certain hour and then it's first come, first serve until they are gone. You then simply print your wristband. I realize there's slight problems to that too but I think to avoid lines and mad rushes, this may be the best way to handle this. Of course, the only real pin series (lately) that has been generating this kind of an issue at Disneyland *is* the PODM series (I think...). So in reality, there's only three more releases and then this madness is done for a while until the next big series comes along.

I'm probably thinking way too much into this... and my apologies, I'm not trying to hijack the thread. Just surmising possible solutions to this BATB release...

Last edited:
real easy fix to the pin fight/line up/grumpy/pick me line... lol... well 2 i guess. one end the movie pins... thank god thats the one we can count on... number 2.. black bag it. not real hard to see that ppl wont fight over what pin they get if they dont get to pick. all the trouble comes from letting ppl look at pins and pick what they want... well that and buying to many pins. sure would b nice if ppl just got 2 pins like the rules say. but we all know that will never happen and ppl will just make up sum excuse as to why its ok for them to buy 20 or 30.....lmao have fun fighting over these pins... call me in 2 years when they are not worth hafe what silly ppl think they are worth now. :)

real easy fix to the pin fight/line up/grumpy/pick me line... lol... well 2 i guess. one end the movie pins... thank god thats the one we can count on... number 2.. black bag it. not real hard to see that ppl wont fight over what pin they get if they dont get to pick. all the trouble comes from letting ppl look at pins and pick what they want... well that and buying to many pins. sure would b nice if ppl just got 2 pins like the rules say. but we all know that will never happen and ppl will just make up sum excuse as to why its ok for them to buy 20 or 30.....lmao have fun fighting over these pins... call me in 2 years when they are not worth hafe what silly ppl think they are worth now. :)

Like my husband always says it is only worth what one is willing to pay.

I asked the manager at PTN. The date was missing on the pin displayed. The manager said they were thinking about changing the date to the next week. I told him I hoped they wouldnt because many people made plans already. He said that it was not his decision but people higher up were deciding. That's all I know for now.

Oh please don't change the date Disney, because I am scheduled to work that day, but its thanksgiving so I wont have to work and I can take my son which means I can help a couple forum members out who cant make it. Please oh please!

I asked the manager at PTN. The date was missing on the pin displayed. The manager said they were thinking about changing the date to the next week. I told him I hoped they wouldnt because many people made plans already. He said that it was not his decision but people higher up were deciding. That's all I know for now.

The date was missing?! Weird. I went to take a picture at 7:45 p.m. on 10/12/12 this is what it was:

BatB.jpg

They must have taken the date off after...weird!

This isn't completely true. I mean there's been a lot of he said she said with NO official announcmnt, documentation and otherwise saying HEY THERES NO MORE.

I only say this because theres been a to of artists and CM and officials saying they may not continue right away but they will continue.

It was announced at one of the summer WDW PTN's by cast members that december is the last of the PODM's. It was the PTN where they told everyone what the rest of the years PODM movies were. Csnt remember if it was june july or august. lol but it was announced.

Since then, the rumor that it will be started back up at a later date has NOT been confirmed.

Last edited:
Quick question, I will be at Disney World this november, but will be leaving the 22nd. Will this pin be available in the hotel's pin station/ gift shop, or will it only be sold in specific locations?

Quick question, I will be at Disney World this november, but will be leaving the 22nd. Will this pin be available in the hotel's pin station/ gift shop, or will it only be sold in specific locations?
it will be available in all four parks and dTD, but be there early<it will also be at Fantasmic in the contempo but that line starts WAYYY eearly,> just and fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back