• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection
I tend to avoid all Vinylmation, i just don't get the craze! D: I also would never collect ANYTHING Disney Channel related, that is Disney at it's worst IMO. I also don't like Star Wars, Jessica Rabbit (although I'd pass some of the 'dressed as other character' pins), most Fab 5 unless it's an event pin, and Figment, I'm a Brit but I only ever go to DLR, never been to WDW in my life. My Anti-Figment attitude could change if I ever do go, though! :p I also tend to stray away from anything non-cloisonne, cloisonne pins just look the best and most pleasing to the eye.
Anything makes it into my traders, you never know when someone has what you want and you want what they have! ;)

for me I dislike Nightmare Before Christmas not a fan of Tim Burton, I will if purchased in a grab bag will put out as a trader but not in collection, love figgy, Eeyore and Cheshire Cat or any that appeal to me
but we are all entitled to our likes and dislikes
Happy Trading All :)

My personal dislikes are High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Vinylmation, Chernabog. I don't understand how people can like Nightmare Before Christmas.

Well my collection is really narrow. I only have Maleficent, in the human form and in the dragon form.
So most other pins are a NO for me.
But my never would I ever even take a second to think about would have to be anything disney channel. I got suckered once, it a CM who has a "super special" pin on their lanyard backwards, I couldn't help myself I HAD to see what it was, so I grabbed a trader and traded him.
It was HSM. I wanted to just give it back to him. But glad I held onto it, a little girl later saw it and I just gave it to her, she was happy and that made me happy.

I hope NEVER to get....

Princesses, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, NBC (Except for Zero, I LOVE him!), Vinylmation (Unless it's of a character I like), Disney Channel, Muppets, Jessica Rabbit (She just doesn't seem like good 'ol Disney to me), Pirates of the Caribbean (Unless it's a character I like dressed as one).

Haha, I know, it's a lot, but there are many I love as well! Just look in my siggy, there are tons. :p

So, bottom line, I basically don't like any human Disney character. xD

Last edited:
I have a big Hannah Montana and High School Musical collection! :lol: I also have a NBC collection.

As for what I don't like, I don't like any of the "Free-D" pins. I also had a Jessica pin that took me FOREVER to trade. I didn't want it but it was fairly valuable. I don't do stitch, cuties/minis, most hidden mickey's (the previous lanyard series pins were just SO much better), Tinkerbell, Figment, Villians, pins with dates (except my graduation pin and years I go to WDW or DLR), and that's all I can think of right now!

Last edited:
My girls loves anything. And Everything. So this thread is obsolete to her.

I, on the other hand, Dont like the following:

Vinylmation (unless it has characters I like), Jessica Rabbit (She's too obsessed over and its gross. I however show Roger a lot of love), Any Princess or Prince (They too are obsessed over, except Jasmine and Aladdin. They I will collect because Thats the movie my girl and I share), Nightmare Before Christmas (Exception would be The Haunted Mansion Holiday), Pirates, WALL-E, Most Villains,

Only things that catch my interest are The Muppets, Roger Rabbit, Robin Hood related pins, Country Bear related Pins, Disneyland Resort related pins, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Goofy, The Band Concert (Hits home for me), and Mr. Toad and Friends.

I would never get princesses or tink. a big no no.
also no hannah montana...jonas brothers..any of that live stuff.

and also no pins with actual human forms on it..like pirates of the carribean or the new alice in wonderland. Makes me seem like I dont like Johnny Depp lol. I just dont want to see his face on pins lol

All the new Disney Channel stuff like HM and Jonas and all that it a no no for me, old Disney channel like the XR from Buzz lightyear of star command are a definite YES though :)

I don't tend to go for the fab five unless its a year pin/special to me. I won't go for ride pins (again bar the one special to me one I have) or HM pins of the characters and ghosts. I do love NBC as a film but I've never seen a pin in person I loved of it and its not in my top 10 fave films so I never get them either.
I also don't have much interest in dogs, but I'd happily get a cat pin :)

Loves: Jessica Rabbit (I wish she wasn't so dang popular!), Ariel, Pascal (Tangled), Anything sizeable... weird I know but the larger golden pins just remind me of all my trading in Paris more than the tiny pins do

I really don't like vinylmation... I only have 1. and it has peter and wendy on it:) i would never get the MMM pocahontas "where do I go from here" (pocahontas 2 will NEVER be in my collection) :p I've never even seen any winnie the movie movies, so thats a no, I don't plan on having any pinocchio pins, that movie creeped me out! no tinker bell,and the only Jessica pin i want is her dressed as peter pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back