• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection
Why do these unneccessary changes have to happen. To update/refurb the attraction, why not but to change the ride entirely?

For me, it is basicly anything live action. I love Jonny Depp, but I don't want him on my pins. So, no live action Pirates, Alice in Wonderland, Narnia, the previously mentioned Disney Channel people, Tron, etc. I can somewhat accept live pictures on a pin with characters over it, like the castle in the background or something. But for animated characters I'd take any core pin of a character I don't have.

I totally get this. Pins with pictures of real people weird me out too.

Please don't hate me, but I just don't see the big deal with Jessica Rabbit. While I can't say I HATE her, I just don't get it. I've only found one Jessica that I really like and would consider for my (husband's) military collection.

I'm another of those few who can't stand Stitch. (I have only one pin that has him in my collection but at the time, I couldn't tell that it was him on the pin). I'm also with Erica, no Johnny Depp on my pins, but I don't mind pictures of other real people. I also wouldn't have vinylmations either in my collection or in my trades.

Although I wouldn't rule anything out of my traders because if its wanted enough and it can get me something I want, I will add it to my trades list.

just about anything from the disney channel, and meet the robinsons,
and so far jessica (though I do have a halloween pin of her), but I have had lots of her in my trading bag and she is a great trader.

i personally really really dont like stitch. i really dont get why people go crazy about him. but like chaboo said id get anything if its wants/trades ratio is good and it will help me get my wants.

i also really dislike ALL aladdin pins. doesnt matter what pin. i wont get it no matter what.

STITCH!!!! i only have about 3 maybe 4 pins of him as i needed the pin to complete the set. I wont even allow him to be in my baseball themed pins

i personally really really dont like stitch. i really dont get why people go crazy about him. but like chaboo said id get anything if its wants/trades ratio is good and it will help me get my wants.

i also really dislike ALL aladdin pins. doesnt matter what pin. i wont get it no matter what.

ALL Aladdin pins? D: LOL

I'm actually starting to not like a lot of the Aladdin standard carpet ride pose pins...they all look the same! Just curious, is it because you don't like the movie? Or the pins themselves just don't do anything for you?

As a general rule I also avoid pins with people on them - but I've made an exception for Enchanted and some of the Tim Burton Alice pins :)

High School Musical will NEVER be part of my collection. Neither will Stitch, Hannah Montana, and Disney Channel "live" people. Anything else is an "if I really like it I'll get it" thing.

Besides my previous comments, there are some animated movies that do nothing for me. I may have a character from one of those films because it is on a Park themed pin. But I would never look at a character only pin and think, "that's cute."

Bolt, Home on the Range, Tarzan, Hercules, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, 101 Dalmatians, and a lot of Pinocchio stuff (Jiminy Cricket, Cleo & Figaro are the exceptions).

Okay, I have not seen any of the movies. I am not sure if I would like them. I would never collect TRON.

I'm sitting here nodding, thinking yeah, yeah, I would never have those in my collection either: Hannah Montana, HS Musical, Disney Channel stuff, Figment (I actually do have ONE Figment pin in my collection, but it's special to me because it was one of the very first trades by mail I ever made, and I remember the person, etc.--but it could've been any pin for those reasons). I think with Figment it's just that he's a WDW thing, and I was born and raised in SoCal, so my home park is (the *original*) DLR, of which Figment was never a part. I don't hate him, I just don't have any feeling one way or the other for him (this even after my very first trip to WDW the end of 2010, and I went on the Journey to Imagination ride, which I thought was cute, but that was about it; one good friend of mine who grew up going to WDW said the ride was changed and not as good as it used to be, which I understand, but still...).

I've also never liked Goofy (BLECH) or Tinker Bell, but they have found their way in to my collection occasionally, usually to complete a set. I also won't have any xmas, easter, etc. in my collection--not my holidays. I also don't like real people on pins, and I don't like Disney characters as other characters. For instance, I collect Indiana Jones pins (the ride at DLR), but I don't like or have any of the Mickey as Indy pins. No Disney characters as Star Wars characters. Stuff like that.

One thing I do like: this thread! :)

Hannette

NO Halloween! ~ NO Witches! ~ NO Villians!

However, I do not consider my Tink as ...... pins Halloween Pins.
(although ~ no Tink as Witches are in my Collection either :nono:)

And absolutely do I agree with this:
NO High School Musical, Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana

Can't see Tron either, and am not much of a fan of the Fab 5 ~ Tho I have a few cute pins of Mickey...................

And hey........Figment is kind of cute! I only have one of him tho ~ the Framed Set from Trade City (Like the Blue Sketch pins)

I'm so glad that we all like different things! Otherwise I'd never get the ones I like. :) I agree with a lot of the posts here. I don't have any Figment pins but that's because I've never been to WDW and don't know anything about him!

I'm not hot on Hannah Montana, but I just love my Minnie as Hannah Montana! My most favoritest (poor grammar intended) theme are Mi key and Minnie dressed as other characters. Yes, even as Troy and Gabriella from HSM...if I can ever find them.

I still haven't seen the Stitch Movie so I don't get that either, but hey, most of us have somewhat limited funds (some more than others) so we just can't collect them all, right?

I've also never liked Goofy (BLECH) or Tinker Bell, but they have found their way in to my collection occasionally, usually to complete a set. I also won't have any xmas, easter, etc. in my collection--not my holidays. I also don't like real people on pins, and I don't like Disney characters as other characters. For instance, I collect Indiana Jones pins (the ride at DLR), but I don't like or have any of the Mickey as Indy pins. No Disney characters as Star Wars characters. Stuff like that.

One thing I do like: this thread! :)

Hannette

How could I forget? I don't want Tinkerbell in my collection, and I don't like characters dressed as other characters, especially when its the Fab 5.

Sorry to all the Figment haters, but while I don't collect Figment, he's part of The Family. The man who voiced him, Billy Barty, was a Sid & Marty Krofft actor (Sigmund & The Seamonsters among others) and since I grew up with Sigmund and my dear friend was also on the show, I have to have a couple of Figment/Billy pins in my collection. As far as what won't be in my collection...simple...Hannah Montana, Jonas, anything new on Disney Channel and the Baseball Team pins.

I really don't like pins that have a big emphasis on dates, or any of the holiday pins. As far as characters go i don't like fab five pins a whole lot, I appreciate what they are I just would never collect them and also Jessica Rabbit or Tinkerbell because there like the hoochies of Disney.

No Tink, High School Muscial, Raven, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, Jessica Rabbit, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty/Aurora.....

Figment, Mary Poppins, Stitch, Rescuers, Dinosaur..

There's probably too many to mention actually!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back