• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection
Honestly anything Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet. However I do like owl and rabbit. However I would personally never collect them.

I wouldn't collect:
-Stitch (although I just bought two for my mother-in-law who LOVES Stitch)
-Nightmare Before Christmas
-Pirates (except the flag from the park icons, just to complete the set; I do love the ride!)
-Pins with dates/holidays/opening day/etc. unless I was actually THERE and it was special
-Disney channel

When I think about how many characters/movies/categories are overlooked in my collection, I just can't imaging collecting any pins I don't REALLY love!

I don't like anything that isn't Duffy, Epcot or International related.
With the exception of some Fast Passes and Mickey pins.

Other than that, I could really careless about the others.

Last edited:
Well, first of all, I didn't know who Figment was until I started collecting. I am from SoCal, always have been. I have NEVER been to WDW. But during my 1st trade with a CM, I went up to them and saw this cute pin of a purple dragon! I loved it and got it. Then my friend and I walked away and turned to each other and asked what it was from! So I looked him up and now he is one of the main things I collect! And like I said, I've only ever been to DLR.

What I wouldn't collect,
-Current or live action Disney Channel
-Star Wars
-Muppets
-Fab 5
-Roger Rabbit

I think those are the main ones. Although there are always exceptions to all categories. If I like it enough, I will get it!

For those hating on/disliking Figment, I recommend you watch these youtube videos to give you a full understanding of the magic of the original ride.
http://disneypinforum.com/group.php?gmid=172&do=discuss#gmessage172

:fig::fig::fig:

Thanks for posting that,,i miss the old attraction with dream finder and i dont collect figment but i like him--i sdtill wish they would do a bit more with that attraction

anyway i collect WAY TO MUCH--all 50 feature films, so no live action, starwars, holidaypins, fab 5 or resort pins.

I don't like anything that isn't Duffy, Epcot or International related.
With the exception of some Fast Passes and Mickey pins.

Other than that, I could really careless about the others.

We need more Duffy pins and we need a Shellie May pin! I can't believe there hasn't been one yet :(

Another one I would never have in my collection is Piglet, can't stand him :/

No High School Misical and for sure no Hannah Montana! Who ever thought of Miley Cyrus as a rolse model for our daughters? OiY!

Good question! :)

I try to avoid:

Figment
Star wars, Tron (never really seen either)
Live action stuff (Alice,Disney Channel,Potc etc.)
Black Cauldron (ugh HATE this movie, Scares me so much, just creepy, wont even have these in my traders :p )
Up....(didn't really like this movie, I don't see all the hoopla over it...)
Vinylmations (sorry, but these are so ugly...)

Wow this list might get me in trouble :p

Last edited:
Anything that looks or resembles a vinylmation (ear people!). I still think all vinyls are some sort of mistake in the first place....this hate is so strong that I don't have the "tigger" Vinyl pin because I don't think it is a Tigger...and my Tigger collection is 5,000 strong containing even bootlegs of Tigger doing bad things with Jessica (in 3 boot colors no less!). That is a pure hatred of Vinyls.

Anything that looks or resembles a vinylmation (ear people!). I still think all vinyls are some sort of mistake in the first place....this hate is so strong that I don't have the "tigger" Vinyl pin because I don't think it is a Tigger...and my Tigger collection is 5,000 strong containing even bootlegs of Tigger doing bad things with Jessica (in 3 boot colors no less!). That is a pure hatred of Vinyls.

Oh my, now I wanna see these naughty happenings going on between tigger and Jessica :eek2:

I agree with the vinylmation pins actually

We need more Duffy pins and we need a Shellie May pin! I can't believe there hasn't been one yet :(

Another one I would never have in my collection is Piglet, can't stand him :/

Agreed! There needs to be some more Duffy pins. Shellie May needs her own collection - pronto!

Anything that looks or resembles a vinylmation (ear people!). I still think all vinyls are some sort of mistake in the first place....this hate is so strong that I don't have the "tigger" Vinyl pin because I don't think it is a Tigger

I absolutely agree with you :)

Being a silly non-conformist (contradicting myself of course) , I'd never add Hannah Montana, J bros, or Mickey to my collection...Of course that COULD change.

I said i'd never like Taylor Swift or ANYTHING about her.

I was wrong.

I avoid anything Disney Channel related. Not a fan of Vinyls. Don't like puffins, club penguin, phineas & ferb, etc. Duffy feels like a Japanese import being shoved down our throats. He's ok for tourists but not for locals... Jessica reminds me of sleezy wannabe woman from the 80's. My friends mom has a glam photo of her circa 1988 and it is awful, killed Jessica for me. Blehhehe. Stitch is cool but people are too crazy for those pins already. Same for NBC stuff, not worth my time and too much to start. Haunted Mansion is another that is just too big to try and start. Alice in Wonderland requires you to do LSD to appreciate it so I don't really collect that stuff either. Black Cauldron, Bedknobs & broomsticks, Sword in the stone, and a few others I don't even know about are before my time and I don't appreciate them.

My wife loves princesses and Tink. I love sci-fi, stained glass, and Grand Californian craftsman style stuff. We both like the Pixar movies so that's what we collect.

I'm happy to collect what I like and trade for what I like. I'm glad I don't like everything or it would be impossible to trade. I love it when I have a rare LE that I don't care for and a trader has one I'd kill for and we both get what we want. I wish all trades were like that!

"Jessica reminds me of sleezy wannabe woman from the 80's. My friends mom has a glam photo of her circa 1988 and it is awful, killed Jessica for me"

LOL the horrors of glamour shots have ruined many lives.

Everyone is so anti-pooh. More pins for me I guess. I'm not a fan of NBC, haunted mansion, Vinlymation, anything with real people on them, disney channel stuff and most princess pins. I am not a huge fan of Jessica Rabbit either, except for the pins where she is dressed as Judy Garland. That's just because I love Judy Garland, not Jessica.

Other than the occasional Tinker Bell, you won't find me collecting rest of Pixie Hallow. Same goes for anything remotely related to High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, etc.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. That stuff to me isn't even Disney, it's just a mutant imposter. Easier to ignore if I don't trade them lol :)

My collections currently is focusing on pins related to the UK and pins with positive and community messages. So, I'll take pretty much any character that fits one of those categories. When I first traded, it was the year of those cute Figment pins with the emotion words on them. I had no idea who Figment was but I loved the pins. So now I've developed a small Figment collection.

I'm not a fan of the character vinylmations but I do like the more abstract series. But I'm not actively pursuing them.

And, yeah, anything is fair game for traders as long as it's not a scrapper or a fake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back