• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Characters/themes you'd never want in your collection
Being a Stitch collector, and a lover of the Stitch dressed as somebody else, there are few characters that would absolutely be a no-go. Still, I'm not fond of the live-action Disney pins including the above-mentioned teeny-bopper shows and the live action PotC and AiW (blech!).

I also want to say that not wanting a character in your keepers does not make you a hater! So, all of you not collecting Stitch are forgiven for your trespasses ;) because you make it a whole lot easier for me to collect the little bugger!

Let me clarify my response. The question was what pins would I never put in my COLLECTION. I took collection to mean my keepers and for those my answer stands. However, in my traders I will put anything and everything. That way I improve my odds of getting pins that I want to KEEP. So my keeps have no Hannah Montana, Stitch, Live People, Chicken Little, etc. in them. My trades - well - they have everything.

Yes, the Alice pins were my only exception and I don't even like them. But, no Alice collection is complete without them so there you go. I agree that what I love is the animation feature and they are like small pieces of art.

Thought of another one. I would not have any pin with Big Baby from TS3. That thing gives me the creeps!

Anything live action (Pirates, Wonderland, Narnia, etc.), teenage bubblegum music performers, Princesses, Pooh, Stitch, sports oriented, Disney channel or Tinkerbell's fairy friends. Oh yeah, anything that bears any resemblance to those dreadfully cheesy animated sequels to the classic Disney animated films.

But count me in as another BIG Figment fan. I have a whole book of pins just devoted to the little purple guy.

And I think we can all agree that Hanna Montana and High School Musical pins should be melted down and turned into a new audio-animatronic.

ROFL... That's awesome... and I agree.

Also, most Disney Channel show items, Chicken Little, Brother Bear, Dee Bees, and Vinylmation...

However, if any of the above pins could potentially lead to me trading for a most wanted pin, it could get a temporary hall pass to the traders bag.

I wouldn't have stitch,HSM,star wars in my collection.

I only have stitch to trade.

One that has not been mentioned yet (and I will get some grief for this, I'm sure) is Nightmare Before Christmas. I do have a few pins in my collection, but they are ALL for trade (someone take them please! :hs:).

I'm also on board with no live-action "anything", and that includes Star Wars. I love the movies, but have no desire to collect the pins. I don't get vinylmation at all, so no interest there. Figment...I'm completely indifferent to the little dragon but at the same time, have no desire to collect him. Oh yeah, almost forgot Dee-Bee's! What the heck are they suppose to be anyways? Never gonna add them to my collection either.

I'm also one that personally doesn't care for ole Stitch. I tried, really I did, but he just doesn't do anything for me. I do have a few pins in my collection with him on them (mainly Tower of Terror), but I can't ever see myself starting a Stitch collection. I'm also not a fan of pins that have specific dates/years on them unless it's an event that was particularly meaningful for us (like Easter 2007 pin was the first pin I ever bought). I definitely agree that all HSM and Hannah Montana pins should be erased from trading....I literally groan when I buy a collection and find some of those in there.

This thread really emphasizes how different we all are in our likes and dislikes!

I know I am in the minority here, but I am on board with not getting Jessica Rabbit. The pins creep me out. They are kind of suggestive - which seems so out of place in a Disney-related hobby. Particularly when she is dressed as a character! Yet I am always amazed at how popular her pins are! Something for everybody, I guess!

Oh, and "ditto" on Hannah Montana, Jonas Bros., et al... :)

(Sitting here thinking "How could anyone dislike Goofy!?" Oh well, to each their own!)
I wouldn't collect Tink, HSM, Jonas, Disney Channel, Alice in Wonderland, Dee Bees, Vinylmation, Jessica, Chip and Dale (no hate, just don't really care about them), or Winnie the Pooh characters.

I would also not want any live action (people) pins, Home on the Range, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Chicken Little.

I would also never have Winnie the Pooh & co., Figment, Mickey, Lion King, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Daisy, Muppet, Phineas & Herb (or whatever that is), Walt Disney, Attraction Pins (Other then Alice), Angel, Duffy, Vinylmation, Deebees, Captain Hook, Rescuers, Hercules, Jafar, Genie, Beast, Gaston, Mr. Toad etc. This list could go on forever.

I would also not want any live action (people) pins, Home on the Range, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Chicken Little.

I would also never have Winnie the Pooh & co., Figment, Mickey, Lion King, Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Daisy, Muppet, Phineas & Herb (or whatever that is), Walt Disney, Attraction Pins (Other then Alice), Angel, Duffy, Vinylmation, Deebees, Captain Hook, Rescuers, Hercules, Jafar, Genie, Beast, Gaston, Mr. Toad etc. This list could go on forever.

youre soooo right gillian! seriously the list could go on forever. i think im just really picky. like i only collect sally from NBC but only ones where she looks like the movie or is really pretty. i think i pretty much only collect pretty pins. i guess thats why i spend so much on them haha. aka my sleeping beauty gomes, drink me pin, and jessica as audrey. i think i have a problem :)

my list is too long so all i can say is anything thats not mickey and minnie or attraction pins/events/park pins. i do buy some uk ones that are characters i wouldnt start a collection of, but only le ones. thinking of venturing out hough into starting some new collectios...

Characters that don't do anything for me:
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Tangled
Jessica
Stitch
Tinkerbell
Up
The Princess and the Frog
Chesire Cat

No live action disney channel
No princesses
No AIW
No villains

I actually have VERY few 'people' in my collections, it's mostly animals. I have a few kim possible and the old disney cartoon series'. I think the only villains I would ever collect, if they did them as pins, would be amos Slade with Chief (or Chief on his own) and Sykes with roscoe and de-soto (or the dobies on their own) I like my goodies and my beasties, everything else just doesn't interest me.

Personally, I agree with no Disney Channel stuff (Hannah Montana, HSM, Phineas and Ferb, etc). I just don't like any of it.

I'm not a big princess fan but there are a few Cinderella or Snow White pins I feel I just have to have because those movies were my Oma's favorites. Any pin with either princess on it that reminds me of her I find I want. Not a huge fan of Stitch but only because the little blue alien's gotten way too big for his britches. Everyone seems to like him! He and his weird pink girlfriend. :p Not my style.

Thinking on it, there's a ton I don't collect or want. Sports pins, anything from WDW, pins with way too much lettering, Nightmare pins (particularly with Sally on them), most Pixar pins (with the exception of Max Schnell from Cars 2 for my German collection), and anything from the Disney movies that were just 'meh' to me. My favorite movies were based on some of my favorite books as a kid (Basil of Baker Street, Treasure Island, The Chronicles of Prydain) and movies that veer way too much from their original storyline or just bore me to tears don't make my cut. I don't like The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Pinocchio used to terrify me because of Monstro.

Other than the occasional Tinker Bell, you won't find me collecting rest of Pixie Hallow. Same goes for anything remotely related to High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, etc.

Pretty much covers it.

Figment. It must be because I'm a Disneyland girl (born and raised) that I can't get into him. I have been to WDW once in my life and that was in 1997. I was a little girl then.

Anything that has to with Disney Channel. Though I may get some for my small trader bag as one that I give to cast members or give the bag to the little kids so that they can get the pins.

I won't do Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Daffy, or anyone of that sort unless it was an adorable pin that I can't live without. I do have a Minnie and Mickey pin that my mom gave me it has Minnie and Mickey holding hands and they have lanyards on and they are saying lets go pin trading. My mom gave that to me because she said it reminds her of me and my fiance since him and I do LOTS of trading. Though mainly it is me trading the pins. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back