• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Fairytale Couples Pins! I saw them!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Fairytale Couples Pins! I saw them!!!!
but you can only get 1 set per person, so maybe they are getting sets for friends and family, you know?

I wish that was case. I'm assuming most of them are getting sets to make back the money on their ticket (which makes sense) and then make a profit (which I don't agree with) -__-

I think any of them would have been happy with just getting 1 set since you can pretty make back the entire ticket with it. Getting 3-4 sets though...sorry, that's a bit too happy while making every other person attending incredibly disappointed -__-

Agree, very unfair but amazing opportunity for the sorcerer pass holders...

I mean...I wouldn't call it "unfair" exactly. Those people paid a CRAP TON of money, and even some of them aren't getting the sets.
It sucks, yeah, but I am not sure if its "unfair," you know what I mean? :(

The only solution to this would have been to either have a much larger edition size (like, LE 500), or to sell them exclusively online, so that everyone had a fair chance. Just my opinion!

I mean...I wouldn't call it "unfair" exactly. Those people paid a CRAP TON of money, and even some of them aren't getting the sets.
It sucks, yeah, but I am not sure if its "unfair," you know what I mean? :(

The only solution to this would have been to either have a much larger edition size (like, LE 500), or to sell them exclusively online, so that everyone had a fair chance. Just my opinion!

it's unfair, disney had to be clear " the sorcerers pass will get the opportunity to buy the limited edition items but be aware that not every sorcerers pass will be able to get them , so come early "

then the others members will know it's no use to line up for nothing. It's unfair because they make believe normal tickets and members that they can try their luck when in fact they have no chances.

So be clear disney ,tell only the sorcerers pass will be able to get the limited items only and adds but still depends on stock limitation .

if they said that. It's fair. Sorcerers pass knows they will have access to exclusive limited items for them only but depends on stock so they had to be aware they can't get any if they are too late etc )

and normal customers won't waste time, nor hoping they could have some.

maromi, okay, the Gold Snow White doll is NOT sold out yet, there are still a lot left.

Also, from what I heard, as a correction, the rest of the Designer pins will be released tomorrow, but as per usual, Sorcerer tickets get in early so they will most likely buy them all...again, meaning every sorcerer gets 3 sets while everyone else gets 0!!! Nope, I'm still calling it unfair. They bought ONE ticket, they should get ONE set, they should not get 3 each while everyone else gets 0...

it's unfair, disney had to be clear " the sorcerers pass will get the opportunity to buy the limited edition items but be aware that not every sorcerers pass will be able to get them , so come early "

then the others members will know it's no use to line up for nothing. It's unfair because they make believe normal tickets and members that they can try their luck when in fact they have no chances.

So be clear disney ,tell only the sorcerers pass will be able to get the limited items only and adds but still depends on stock limitation .

if they said that. It's fair. Sorcerers pass knows they will have access to exclusive limited items for them only but depends on stock so they had to be aware they can't get any if they are too late etc )

and normal customers won't waste time, nor hoping they could have some.

I disagree. Disney cannot know for absolute certain that any said LE item will sell out due to the Sorcerer Package members. There are loads of LE items available at D23, the Designer Couples collection is not the only thing that people want. All because this ONE item is sold out to them, does not mean that every single other LE item will be. They cannot make such a large generalization. There is always the hope of being able to get that something special, and people will always line up. Especially when there is so much profit to be made. It is disgruntling that people buy to resell, but this happens everywhere, with every collectible, and I don't think it will ever stop. It is also impossible to monitor, and it is out of Disney's hands.

What COULD be in their control would be the way they monitor the "one per customer" rule. I would suggest some sort of system where your ticket has all of your identification on it, and you have to present the ticket with a valid ID (to prove you are you and not some random person), and then they mark the ticket somehow to know that you have bought your "one per person" item (perhaps even have a in-computer system, so that nothing can be tampered with). This would prevent people from going back for more day by day, and from using other people's "1pp" to get multiples. Add this to a raised LE, and we may actually have a chance for more than just the sorcerer package members to get them.

I think what it boils down to is that: Disney likes money. What company doesn't? So if they make it so that in order to get such a highly coveted item, you have to buy a $1,500 ticket, then yeah, they are probably going to do that. Because we have already proved that this model works. People buy it. People buy the ticket, they buy the items, and then they come back for more. They cannot physically please everyone, unless they made them OE, and then that wouldn't be all too profitable, because the drive wouldn't be there to buy them like crazy. So they may as well please themselves :)

Last edited:
HAH! Can you believe that you can use that money to pay the rent in some states! I am crazy but not that crazy! Wouldn't be surprised if the value goes up after next month.

Anyhoo, not complaining about after market prices (and there are folks who get annoyed about the complaining) since it's inevitable that they will be costly. Just wish this set was available online so other Disney fans could get a chance to get one :) Oh well! I just feel like printing out the sets and pasting them onto my lanyard and pretend I have them :lol: That's as close as I will get to "having" them!

Last edited:
What COULD be in their control would be the way they monitor the "one per customer" rule. I would suggest some sort of system where your ticket has all of your identification on it, and you have to present the ticket with a valid ID (to prove you are you and not some random person), and then they mark the ticket somehow to know that you have bought your "one per person" item. This would prevent people from going back for more day by day, and from using other people's "1pp" to get multiples. Add this to a raised LE, and we may actually have a chance for more than just the sorcerer package members to get them.

I think this is extremely fair, but as I've heard it before, Disney is a business. They really don't care who gets the items, as long as they sell, so they wouldn't go through that whole process and then risk the item not selling because someone could only get 1 :( They could care less what happens after the item has sold, they made their money from it already >_<

At disney store of the champs elysée, when i went to buy rapunzel LE wedding version, they took and wrote or ID number on a notebook, to be sure, the same guest won't come back the next day or minutes later to buy one via another cashier.... etc . That is FAIR.

If disney wants to be fair, they can. But they don't want to put an effort. so sorcerers pass can buy each day a set of pin's , a doll and other Limited items products.

I think this is extremely fair, but as I've heard it before, Disney is a business. They really don't care who gets the items, as long as they sell, so they wouldn't go through that whole process and then risk the item not selling because someone could only get 1 :( They could care less what happens after the item has sold, they made their money from it already >_<

That is what I said lol, at the end of my comment.
For something like this though, they know that the product will sell out, no matter what. I don't think it is really about risk there. If they were a bit more policing about their 1pp rule, more people would be pleased all around, in my opinion. There would certainly be no room for anyone to complain to them! The rules would be followed to a t.

Thank you! I really want this set :(

Trust me when I say so many of us on DPF do, but at this rate, it's too late for really all of us >_< and it's mainly because of the perks of getting the Sorcerer ticket...talk about a perk o_O You are pretty much getting a free ticket (since if you get 3 sets you can easily make back your ticket and a free set).

Last edited:
Trust me when I say so many of us on DPF do, but at this rate, it's too late for really all of us >_< and it's mainly because of the perks of getting the Sorcerer ticket...talk about a perk o_O You are pretty much getting a free ticket (since if you get 3 sets you can easily make back your ticket and a free set).
I know it sucks. But I still have hope. Even if I could just have one pin, jasmine and al, I would be over the moon.

(since if you get 3 sets you can easily make back your ticket and a free set).

Do you know for sure that each Sorcerer ticket holder was allowed 3 pin sets? Or are you assuming so because one seller had 3 sets for sale?

If each Sorcerer ticket holder was indeed allowed 3 sets per ticket, that makes about 83 buyers which would still leave 77 sorcerer's ticket holders in the cold - that is not counting the vendors.

Do you know for sure that each Sorcerer ticket holder was allowed 3 pin sets? Or are you assuming so because one seller had 3 sets for sale?

If each Sorcerer ticket holder was indeed allowed 3 sets per ticket, that makes about 83 buyers which would still leave 77 sorcerer's ticket holders in the cold - that is not counting the vendors.

Each Sorcerer could get up to 3 sets by tomorrow. It isn't guaranteed that all of them get 3 for sure, but the way it works is that yesterday, the sets were released early for them (only 50). Today, another 100 were released and they were let in first so they got to the line first. Tomorrow the same thing that happened today will happen again. Thus, a person with a Sorcerer ticket could potentially get up to 3 sets if they go very early, but with there being well over 100 Sorcerer tickets sold, nearly all the sets are going to Sorcerer Ticket holders anyways, but no doubt some will only get 1 or 2...

Each Sorcerer could get up to 3 sets by tomorrow. It isn't guaranteed that all of them get 3 for sure, but the way it works is that yesterday, the sets were released early for them (only 50). Today, another 100 were released and they were let in first so they got to the line first. Tomorrow the same thing that happened today will happen again. Thus, a person with a Sorcerer ticket could potentially get up to 3 sets if they go very early, but with there being well over 100 Sorcerer tickets sold, nearly all the sets are going to Sorcerer Ticket holders anyways, but no doubt some will only get 1 or 2...

Now I get it. Ok, thanks :) Well best of luck to everyone who wants them - including me ;)

Some really good points have been brought up, but the simplest answer seems to be that the LE size for items like the DFDC pins should just be increased. Then, Disney can make even more money from all corners (through Sorcerers Passes, D23 Expo item sales, and online sales). I really don't understand how they have not caught on to this yet. Make more = sell more. In general, they make a lot of items that quite frankly are kind of crappy which are attempted to be sold at events, the theme parks, and online... If they put more of a focus in making more of the pretty things, it's a guarantee sell. Why hold back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back