• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Dreams Pin on UK changed to TANGLED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Dreams Pin on UK changed to TANGLED!!
Im seeing quite a few people who were opposed to trading internationally due to postage costs increase in this thread.. I said that would happen in the postage increase threads ages ago that people will want help with a Tangled pin from UKers but would not want to trade 1-1 pins anymore as to expensive.. this Tangled pin can be 1-1 trade so now its ok to want to trade???

Not aimed at anyone in particular just pointing out that now its a pin US people want, now you all want help and to trade for it but if it was not a Tangled pin, people would still be on the *Im not sending internationally unless its a multi-trade as sending 1 pin is to expensive*

I hope you all can get the pin but I can see UKers not being so willing to trade when international trades slowed down due to the postage increase

100% agree Danny !

I noted some people on this thread asking and were on the "not trading to UK" list. For once we have a much wanted pin for US and will use it to trade for pins we couldn't trade for previously. Not many ( if any) UKers will sell this , and definately not at cost ! UKers have a unique chance here for good trades. Any spares I get will be trade only.

I'm kind of digressing off topic, but does anyone remember what the release date was for the BATB pin from this series? I might try and collect the whole set now.

2nd April or 4th April as it went between those 2 dates.

My comment was not aimed at anyone specific just ALOT of people I know have had trades turned down, myself included due to being international and that seemed to a no no for US traders cause of the shipping charges.

I mean no disrespect to anyone with my comments but it seems US people get to choose when it is deemed worthy to allow 1-1 trades when they really need a pin, but when its something only so-so then international trades are off the table purely down to postage costs. Which to me is not fair.

UK is getting postage increase next week I think but that isn't going to deter trading to US or anywhere or see trading slow down just because of a slight increase in costs unlike it did in the US and there are threads that show people saying they wont make international trades.

If I offend anyone its not my intent but its like apples and oranges.. you can't have it both ways. Can't say you won't trade internationally unless multitrade but then go back on what has been said just to get help from those traders who have been turned down for being international o_O the mind does boggle at times

Ooo so beauty and the beast is still coming out :D i thought that Tangled was replacing it, yay glad its still coming out :)

I'm still pretty sure they'll be releasing the BATB, hopefully you'll get an answer on Facebook though, so we have some confirmation.

I wasnt aware there was a list of people that "dont trade internationally" ??? Id be interested to see it if it does exist! Its funny because ive had pms from people asking me to purchase them 1 or even 2 at cost for them (I'll prob be lucky to get 1 lol!!) yet when I was desperately looking for the kevin ptd I got offers to buy it on the day of release for like $90-120!!! Crazy, and not very helpful!! I will be trading this pin for my very high wants and NO LESS!!!! And for those not kind enough to return previous requests, or quite simply ignore me altogether lol, I will not be trading! I wont be pre-trading for this, only trading when I have the pin(s) in hand, hopefully I get at least 1!!! This is a pin that will most definately not be sold at cost IMO traders will mainly want it to trade! Its very rarely the uk get a decent pin to trade with.....wishing all UK peeps lots of luck in getting this little beauty!! :D

I understand your frustrations, but doing the same thing that has been done by others, doesn't solve any problems, it just makes trading worse. This is a pattern I see with my kids, "he said ____ to me." "Because, she said _____ to me!", Because he did this, and that.", "because she did that and this and looked at me funny." "because he farted in my face and it stunk!!", etc, etc, etc.
No one knows who the original offender was anymore. If this is going to continue to be pin trading and not become pin buying, then this escalation crap needs to stop from everyone. So someone doesn't want to ship overseas. I remember a couple of people who did say that, and I do not see them asking for this pin. (Yet). Why is it we can work together as a community except when Tangled or Up is involved? then it's F*** You, every man for himself?????

I understand your frustrations, but doing the same thing that has been done by others, doesn't solve any problems, it just makes trading worse. This is a pattern I see with my kids, "he said ____ to me." "Because, she said _____ to me!", Because he did this, and that.", "because she did that and this and looked at me funny." "because he farted in my face and it stunk!!", etc, etc, etc.
No one knows who the original offender was anymore. If this is going to continue to be pin trading and not become pin buying, then this escalation crap needs to stop from everyone. So someone doesn't want to ship overseas. I remember a couple of people who did say that, and I do not see them asking for this pin. (Yet). Why is it we can work together as a community except when Tangled or Up is involved? then it's F*** You, every man for himself?????

I can assure you there are people who said that they will not trade internationally and have asked for help this time round. Look at Charlottes post - she has had requests for pin at cost but was asked to pay high for US releases. As I have said previously, UKers are not willing to sell this pin because for once in a long while they have a top end trader and will trade any extras for high end pins they want, That is pin trading and working as a community not like some US "traders" who are preselling the upcoming BT's at $100 a pin and not even trying to trade them ! So it is not "everyone for themselves" from this end of the pond but an opportunity to trade for pins we desire.

I have already said I will not sell any spares but will trade. In fact I have never sold a pin in all my time collecting.

Why don't you direct you rant at the presellers or sellers on here that want big bucks ? Because you know them and are in the US ?
So stop having a go at the UKers that are trading hard on this, we don't get the chance very often to trade for our most wanted pins.

I wasnt aware there was a list of people that "dont trade internationally" ??? Id be interested to see it if it does exist! Its funny because ive had pms from people asking me to purchase them 1 or even 2 at cost for them (I'll prob be lucky to get 1 lol!!) yet when I was desperately looking for the kevin ptd I got offers to buy it on the day of release for like $90-120!!! Crazy, and not very helpful!! I will be trading this pin for my very high wants and NO LESS!!!! And for those not kind enough to return previous requests, or quite simply ignore me altogether lol, I will not be trading! I wont be pre-trading for this, only trading when I have the pin(s) in hand, hopefully I get at least 1!!! This is a pin that will most definately not be sold at cost IMO traders will mainly want it to trade! Its very rarely the uk get a decent pin to trade with.....wishing all UK peeps lots of luck in getting this little beauty!! :D
I totally agree with you!! The amount of people who have done this to me is despicable!! And I am always the first one offering pins at cost. I hope I can get one of these for myself and one to trade for a top want.

To be fair though, its not UKers that caused any of this, it was US people saying they would not trade internationally anymore due to the postage increase, Others and myself included still traded overseas regardless of postage costs and when the price goes up on postage in UK that wont deter anyone to make a trade overseas but in the US it actually did make a difference.

The majority of the UKers I know felt kinda burned by the threads saying no international trades from such and such and to me that was unfair, yes the traders decision but there are many UK people who order pins at cost, help people out and go out of there way at times and then imagine how us as a group feel when you read *postage increase, not trading Overseas now* and this is the ONE time in months that will not be the case purely this is OUR version of PODM or BT releases which is a mad scramble to add stuff to basket and checkout lol

Like charlotte said, there are a select few who I hope get the pin, my DSF getter will be getting 100% effort from me to help them out with 1, but no one else as Im like charlotte who needed help with UP pins and people brushed it off etc and offered me pins at extortionate ebay prices.

And since I was typing you can see how frustrated us UKers actually are with how the postage increase has actually affected trading for us. so the blame is not on us in the slightest.

But again, you're generalizing by saying 'USA traders'. Not all of us are like that. I've gotten pins at cost, including Tangled/Up/Stitch/other popoular characters, for people all around the world. And those weren't pins I just bought online, those were pins I waited hours, overnight, sometimes over 24 hours, for. So no, I don't appreciate being lumped in and having people say that US traders are greedy, that we never trade 1-for-1 to over seas people, or that we don't trade over there period. All I'm asking is to please not be judged. I've helped people all over the world and yet when I need a pin, I still have to fight tooth and nail to trade for it, but I try not to generalize everyone and make assumptions about large groups of people.

And I'll remind you that I did send things for your last charity event, quite a lot in fact. I even asked to NOT be included in the raffle for the Tangled gondola pin. So no, not all USA traders are greedy and out for themselves.

36808688.jpg

Who is lumping you in with the rest of the US traders, all any of us are saying is how we have been treated with the postage increase and to be honest it isnt really fair. You are taking this way to personally when no one has actually pointed the finger at you. Yes you sent something last year, and that is besides the point, have I said you dropped out, no I havn't so just relax and calm down as you are not someone who I am pointing the finger at nor are other people. There are others on this forum who have said they dont want to trade and from what you can read yourself since the postage increase that is how alot of us UK traders HAVE been treated just for being overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back