• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016
The ribbon on the skirt just bugs me too much, and it doesn't really feel *that* much fancier than, say, my FF Elsa or Anna. Thankfully a total pass.

I'm definitely beginning to warm up to the set (I will never not be disappointed it's not Adam) but I have to agree with people about that ribbon. That part of her dress is supposed to be a sewn together piece of accent fabric that gets its volume from gathering. The ribbon clashes and gets its volume from sticking out from the dress which just comes off lazy and cheap. It looks like a piece of craft store ribbon that was stapled around the skirt :/ I do hope to be proven wrong though.

I don't know...No offense but to me she looks like a cake topper...A very expensive one that is.

Belle looks pretty though i didnt like the ribbon part as well but what i dont like about the whole thing is that beast is not in his human form. I understand though that it makes sense that he is in his beast form because this was the part where they were dancing and belle was in this yellow gown and beast was beast.

It would make sense if he was human as well, Belle wore the golden dress at the and as well when the beast was back in his human form. But I guess they didn't want to make a headmould for one very limited release... I would have loved to see him in his human form...

I think that ribbon looks odd.

It would make sense if he was human as well, Belle wore the golden dress at the and as well when the beast was back in his human form. But I guess they didn't want to make a headmould for one very limited release... I would have loved to see him in his human form...

I think that ribbon looks odd.

Im crossing my fingers for a 17 inches prince adam one day!

I would be satisfied if they made a new 12 inch version of him to match the other princes but a 17 inch version of him would be even better! One can dream.

They have a set of BatB mini dolls right now that uses his human form, but aside from that they haven't sold classic Adam dolls since the DFDC introduced the new Beast mold :( It's a little silly really, how devoted the Disney Store has become to that new head mold when they never bothered to make a body to match it! Not even for expensive LEs!

They have a set of BatB mini dolls right now that uses his human form, but aside from that they haven't sold classic Adam dolls since the DFDC introduced the new Beast mold :( It's a little silly really, how devoted the Disney Store has become to that new head mold when they never bothered to make a body to match it! Not even for expensive LEs!

They could have avoided the bodyproblem with using his human form
Thanks for the tip, I'm planning to get them but that will have to wait a little. :)

Thats why I didnt buy beast. Only gaston and belle.

I see. Thought so too because the cinderella ornament I ordered from disney store is also made in china and suddenly I thought of the LE doll. My first LE dolls are coming september 20 so I had no idea where it was made.

All the LE dolls are made in China. Heck, Barbies are made in China too.

Barbie for me was the it doll when I was young. If its not barbie its cheap...until I saw disney dolls...they really resemble disney characters better than mattel...

Potentially what the 17" Moana LE doll might look like:
(concept art from the movie)

tumblr_oczeovI4EQ1ske259o5_540.jpg

I think im getting her if they did make one...i just dont like the one in her hair..id like to see her hair as is...

Now THAT would make for a beautiful doll! I still expect her to be in a fancier version of her standard outfit though. Guess we'll find out late October/early November!

I’m a bit surprised that Gaston sold out as quickly as he did. I don’t think he’s worth $120. Disney was too cheap and lazy to create a movie-accurate body mold for him, but he sold out anyway. I guess one collector’s trash is another collector’s treasure.

I watched beauty and the beast last night together with my husband. I noticed that there were scenes that his body wasnt that bulky such as the one where he entered belles house. He was standing by the door. His body was just like the doll. Lean but not so big at all.It wasnt consistent because there were also scenes where he was showing off his muscles and suddenly it grew bigger.

I get what you're saying, but it looks like the Disney Store just added padding to Gaston's jacket to make him look bulkier. For $120, Gaston and the Beast should have gotten new body molds. Loyal Disney fans and customers deserve to get their money's worth. However, we have yet to see the dolls in real life, so I could be wrong. Based on what I've read around the internet, some fans were hoping that LE Gaston would look more like this:

IMG_7162.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back