• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Store Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion - 2016
They have 3 belles, and im not sure how many gaston and beast but she said they still have all three. This store just opened in my town and i dont think there are collectors here like myself...im from london ontario...

A new store could explain why there are some left, but still worth a shot to call the stores here (I'm near Calgary, which has 2 stores that would sell them). Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah maybe you can call the store here and get it delivered there in their branch in calgary. It makes sense. Im just not sure if thats okay outside canada?

In a way im glad If there were few collectors here at least I will not have to fall in a huge line for future LE releases. I noticed though when I wrote my name in their list there were some not from my town. i can tell from their cellphone number. Its smart move on their part because since its a new store they dont have to go though hoops to get their doll. When I went to yorkdale mall toronto last weekend, they only have the beast left.

The store I go to here in Kentucky still had some Belle and Gaston dolls for sale. Beast was the only one that sold out. I wen't there yesterday and I didn't see exactly how many they had of each, but I think it might have been 2-3 Belles and 3-4 Gastons (I only got a glance of the cards they had behind the counter). Either way they do still have dolls left over.

Wow a lot like beast huh...I didnt get him...I wanted him in his human form. i would have considered purchasing him if it was made differently like using real hair not plastic. He doesn't look any different with the regular beast dolls. Nothing special. Just his clothes. So I just settled on buying his plush toy instead...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Time square Disney store had some left too. I heard of people getting past released dolls from there recently. I don't know why they do it but it's fantastic for people who missed out on them and get them. I know I wish I would have with Snow Queen!

They have 3 belles, and im not sure how many gaston and beast but she said they still have all three. This store just opened in my town and i dont think there are collectors here like myself...im from london ontario...

Thanks for the tip. I called them and found out the stores don't ship LE dolls out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Time square Disney store had some left too. I heard of people getting past released dolls from there recently. I don't know why they do it but it's fantastic for people who missed out on them and get them. I know I wish I would have with Snow Queen!

I think they only get dolls that have been kept in the warehouse as replacement dolls.

Ones that are very popular and sell out fast usually don't ever show up again. :(

I'm in need of a Belle doll, if anyone is able to pre-order one for me from the store, I'd very grateful! :D

Is it okay purchasing deboxed dolls? Thanks

Well, I don't own myself any but I read that deboxed LE dolls are not worth as much for many collectors as dolls still in box.WHen buying this is is an advantage vut if you have to sell it then it's of course not so good. It depends on which doll it is how much less it is worth but I sadly can't help with that but others in this forum surely can.

You can decide yourself if it bothers you that the doll is already out of the box. Some collectors debox their dolls others keep them in box.:)

Well, I don't own myself any but I read that deboxed LE dolls are not worth as much for many collectors as dolls still in box.WHen buying this is is an advantage vut if you have to sell it then it's of course not so good. It depends on which doll it is how much less it is worth but I sadly can't help with that but others in this forum surely can.

You can decide yourself if it bothers you that the doll is already out of the box. Some collectors debox their dolls others keep them in box.:)

Ok thanks..because someone is offering it for sale and the price is tempting!

She was selling a deboxed elsa frozen forever, anna and merida..i wanted initially to purchased it but hubby told me it might now be worth it becaused its already deboxed. I would have wanted one elsa in my collection

She was selling a deboxed elsa frozen forever, anna and merida..i wanted initially to purchased it but hubby told me it might now be worth it becaused its already deboxed. I would have wanted one elsa in my collection

For a deboxed Frozen Fever Elsa or Frozen Fever Anna, the price would have to be really good (probably 50-75% of the original retail price) in order for someone to buy it since these dolls go just slightly above retail (retail for these with tax was around $130-135 each, depending on tax rate in the state it was purchased). You could buy both boxed for $300-350. It would also depend on the condition of the doll, was it deboxed simply to display in a cabinet? And it still comes with the original box and COA?

Merida, well she goes for between $200-300 in the original box, so again, it would all depend on the price that was being asked for it and the condition of the doll.

I'm sure she'll join jour collection someday but I think your husband is right. :)

starry_solo gave you great advice in my opinion as well. Good luck!

For a deboxed Frozen Fever Elsa or Frozen Fever Anna, the price would have to be really good (probably 50-75% of the original retail price) in order for someone to buy it since these dolls go just slightly above retail (retail for these with tax was around $130-135 each, depending on tax rate in the state it was purchased). You could buy both boxed for $300-350. It would also depend on the condition of the doll, was it deboxed simply to display in a cabinet? And it still comes with the original box and COA?

Merida, well she goes for between $200-300 in the original box, so again, it would all depend on the price that was being asked for it and the condition of the doll.

I wasn't going to get her, but I just couldn't resist picking up 17" Iracebeth from my local store, now that she was at a reasonable price (the price hike, yeeeks, really makes me reconsider every doll). I thought I would be pleased enough with her 12" doll version, which I also love, but actually, this doll is a real beauty.

I got lucky and she is still in mint condition - she was the only one there and I was worried she would have gotten battered and bruised by being handled all this time, but nope! There she was looking picture-perfect like they just got her in. I'm really pleased with her, even though I still don't understand her skirt-pants thing (I finally realized that maybe she wears this outfit so that she can ride a horse? Yep, I still haven't seen the movie). She has lots of great details, like her jeweled staff and very cool shoes, and her box is really pretty too with the mesmerizing playing-card-themed print (so pretty and wonderlandy) and chromed red thorny heart accents (really villainous), and 3D background. I feel like they try SO much harder on the live action boxes than the cartoon version boxes, to really make them gorgeous display spaces. The boxes for the 17" cartoon dolls always are a bit of a letdown for me (even though I love the dolls). Funny, how my first glance of a photo the LA boxes (with LA Cindy) made me feel negative, but then when I saw it in person it was a huge U-turn, and now I can't figure out what I was thinking, these boxes are da bomb.They're also the only boxes I find myself turning around sometimes to admire the back!

Here is a high resolution picture of the Platinum set (LE500, 325 in Europe, 175 elsewhere), $750 USD anticipated price, £500

14242469_524033714452481_1950574737382840389_o.jpg

The set is beautiful but not worth $750 in my opinion. The designer set is better...the only thing I love about it is Belle's dress which is much puffier.

The set is beautiful but not worth $750 in my opinion.

I agree. The set is definitely beautiful and will look amazing in anyone's collection, but I've never thought any of the $750 sets have been worth the price tag (the individual LE dolls are not even a quarter of that price). I can totally understand why hardcore collectors would want them though, especially since they are far more limited than the regular princess dolls. :)

But, I will say that I think this version of Belle's ballgown looks much nicer than the 2010 version. The only thing I don't like about it is that the puffy gold bow on the skirt sticks out way too much against the rest of the fabric.

If I had that kind of money to burn and I felt comfortable doing so, I would definitely go for that platinum set. Its easily the best looking out of all the platinum dolls so far. Really looking forward to the in-box pictures for this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back