• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you consider this a new Frozen pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you consider this a new Frozen pin?
I definitely agree with AgentR. Although I intend to collect all Frozen pins, I would definitely not lose sleep over not having this pin, regardless whether or not this pin was inspired by Frozen or possibly even world of color winter dreams.

With ought its backer card it looks like a hidden Mickey, I wont be trying to get it or really consider it frozen. Good luck o those that want it :)

For me personally, it's not a Frozen pin. Even if it was, it's not like you can tell it is, once it's been removed from the card. :) So I have no interest in it, as all of my collection pins are displayed off their cards.

It is this pin:
2etupydy.jpg

That has a pic of this pin;
5uvyjy3e.jpg

Thank you for posting an image.
I would count this because it has Rapunzel on it, but the snowflake really isn't much else. Unless you really want to count the backcard.

My question... Who cares? Lol

Frozen was over-rated, the songs were weak and uninspired and people are really trying to shove it down everyone's throats to make it into something it will never be. You can disagree or agree to disagree, but you won't change my mind. I have some of the most desirable Frozen pins that have been released as well because some are beautiful, but very few interest me; I honestly have them just because of the hype and knowing the demand is so great may help me acquire some of my other most wanted pins. I know for a fact, the hype will eventually die down...call it psychic ability or plain intuition lol. If they continue to manufacture as many pins as they've been making, they will become less sought after. "Enchanted," for example, is a different story; using real people requires Disney to pay royalties any time pins are made in the likeness of real people. Hence, why there are so few pins making them extremely sought after (even a crappy little single posted mini-marquee). That doesn't seem to be happening with frozen as it was released within the last 2-3 months and there have been almost 2 dozen pins made already.

Furthermore, I don't know why most of you collect, but I am not now nor have I ever been a completist of any movie. Why? Because some pins are just awful looking or have no correlation to a film whatsoever. I collect pins that call to me, pins that have an artistic quality and beauty to them. Not because of their value or because someone else says it's going to be hot. There are no other reasons why people collect frozen other than the fact that they think it is extremely valuable or collectible at the moment. Let's be real...the movie stunk! The only half decent character was Elsa and Olaf was ok. Love interests in the movie sucked and real villains were lacking. The fact that critics had the audacity to compare "Beauty and the Beast" to a movie like this amuses me. BATB is the one and only Disney animated feature film, to date, to have been catagorized among other live-action movies for the catagory of Best Picture at the academy awards.

Frozen is most certainly not "Best Picture" material...that's a joke. Maybe, had critics and others not tried to exceed the hype and told it how it was...a decent movie, with a decent cast and OK plot...than people would have liked it more, but the fact that it's blowing up with no ground to fall on tells me...this is a very short lived investment for many. Think about it...how many "snow-themed" or "winter-themed" movies keep steady in the box office? NBC? Ice Age? NBC is really a Halloween movie and Ice Age, although popular, can't compare to Disney's weakest releases. So....I guess time will tell, but my bet is that it will never be as big as Tangled or The Little Mermaid or The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast. You are talking about classics that had amazing collaborations with Alan Menken and Howard Ashman and even Elton John!

Stop trying to make Frozen happen Gretchen...it's NOT going to happen!
Wow, I have to say I disagree with most of your point here. I collect frozen because I adore the movie. Fair enough it's not for some people, but this is now my second favourite disney movie after lion king. I was one of the ones who wasn't sure about the movie hype before the release. I was worried it was going to be disappointing and it wasn't.
The songs are catchy and amazing. And let's face it, it's NOT a Christmas movie at all. I personally prefer frozen to beauty and the beast and defiantly nightmare before Christmas, I hate that movie.

Thank you for posting an image.
I would count this because it has Rapunzel on it, but the snowflake really isn't much else. Unless you really want to count the backcard.

This is pretty much how I view it. While I don't even classify the Classic pin as a "true" Rapunzel pin, I can at least understand why it is considered a Rapunzel pin considering it has the title princess on the pin. This pin (key word, pin) has nothing relating to Frozen on it besides being a snowflake. To that extent, any snowflake pin is now a Frozen pin and heck, any snow-related pin is a Frozen pin too, even those that came out years ago.

That's just my opinion, if someone thinks it's Frozen and needs it to be a completionist, who am I to disagree, it's just that IF I were a Frozen completionist, I would not want it (at least for anything over $10).

Here is the description of this pin on eBay:

Walt Disney World Cast Member Winter 2013 Cross-U Pin. The card backing says "Winter 2013 Cross-U Thank You For Helping Us Provide "Cool" Guest Service". New in plastic. No reserve.
Where does it state that it's a Frozen pin except for Ofaf's picture being on the backing card. I will live without it.

Frozen was over-rated, the songs were weak and uninspired and people are really trying to shove it down everyone's throats to make it into something it will never be. You can disagree or agree to disagree, but you won't change my mind. I have some of the most desirable Frozen pins that have been released as well because some are beautiful, but very few interest me; I honestly have them just because of the hype and knowing the demand is so great may help me acquire some of my other most wanted pins. I know for a fact, the hype will eventually die down...call it psychic ability or plain intuition lol. If they continue to manufacture as many pins as they've been making, they will become less sought after. "Enchanted," for example, is a different story; using real people requires Disney to pay royalties any time pins are made in the likeness of real people. Hence, why there are so few pins making them extremely sought after (even a crappy little single posted mini-marquee). That doesn't seem to be happening with frozen as it was released within the last 2-3 months and there have been almost 2 dozen pins made already.

Furthermore, I don't know why most of you collect, but I am not now nor have I ever been a completist of any movie. Why? Because some pins are just awful looking or have no correlation to a film whatsoever. I collect pins that call to me, pins that have an artistic quality and beauty to them. Not because of their value or because someone else says it's going to be hot. There are no other reasons why people collect frozen other than the fact that they think it is extremely valuable or collectible at the moment. Let's be real...the movie stunk! The only half decent character was Elsa and Olaf was ok. Love interests in the movie sucked and real villains were lacking. The fact that critics had the audacity to compare "Beauty and the Beast" to a movie like this amuses me. BATB is the one and only Disney animated feature film, to date, to have been catagorized among other live-action movies for the catagory of Best Picture at the academy awards.

Frozen is most certainly not "Best Picture" material...that's a joke. Maybe, had critics and others not tried to exceed the hype and told it how it was...a decent movie, with a decent cast and OK plot...than people would have liked it more, but the fact that it's blowing up with no ground to fall on tells me...this is a very short lived investment for many. Think about it...how many "snow-themed" or "winter-themed" movies keep steady in the box office? NBC? Ice Age? NBC is really a Halloween movie and Ice Age, although popular, can't compare to Disney's weakest releases. So....I guess time will tell, but my bet is that it will never be as big as Tangled or The Little Mermaid or The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast. You are talking about classics that had amazing collaborations with Alan Menken and Howard Ashman and even Elton John!

I agree with the fact of not being a completist because we don't like all the pins. I like most of the Tangled pins, but there are some I didn't bother with simply because I didn't like them.
But to say that Frozen was not a good movie or have weak songs, I disagree with. I really liked the movie. Jim and I are going to see it again New Years Eve in 3 D.
Is it better than Tangled? Absolutely not, but they are two different movies.
I agree with a statement Rasputin made. What happened to Kristoff's parents? Why was he raised by trolls? They left a lot out which left a lot of the movie to be questioned. Why was Rpunzel & Eugene in the movie? Some say she was related to Anna & Elsa. That Rapunzels parents were cousins of Anna & Elsa's parents. Whether that is true, only the writers know as it was never confirmed in the movie.

Last edited:

While I thank-you for being brave enough to voice your opinion, and have it be the complete opposite of what most people feel, this probably belong in the Frozen reviews and discussions thread. Honestly I feel you're just trying to drum up attention and hate in a discussion about a pin. There is no need to have this here.

I think the pin is cute with the little mickey heads :)! Frozen pin or not I am going to stick it on my wants as it's cute! And I'd probably put it with my frozen collection if I ever did get my hands on it as the theme of it fits frozen :)

I agree with the fact of not being a completist because we don't like all the pins. I like most of the Tangled pins, but there are some I didn't bother with simply because I didn't like them.
But to say that Frozen was not a good movie or have weak songs, I disagree with. I really liked the movie. Jim and I are going to see it again New Years Eve in 3 D.
Is it better than Tangled? Absolutely not, but they are two different movies.
I agree with a statement Rasputin made. What happened to Kristoff's parents? Why was he raised by trolls? They left a lot out which left a lot of the movie to be questioned. Why was Rpunzel & Eugene in the movie? Some say she was related to Anna & Elsa. That Rapunzels parents were cousins of Anna & Elsa's parents. Whether that is true, only the writers know as it was never confirmed in the movie.

I think rapunzel and Flynn are there as a cute little nod to tangled, just like belle being in hunchback of Notre dame etc :)

Here is the description of this pin on eBay:

Walt Disney World Cast Member Winter 2013 Cross-U Pin. The card backing says "Winter 2013 Cross-U Thank You For Helping Us Provide "Cool" Guest Service". New in plastic. No reserve.
Where does it state that it's a Frozen pin except for Ofaf's picture being on the backing card. I will live without it.
The title for this listing states Frozen.

I think it needs to be considered a Frozen pin because of the intent. Otherwise you're opening the door for any pin that might look slightly generic to not be associated with a movie. Think of all the shells and starfish that are considered Little Mermaid pins or the roses that are part of Beauty and the Beast.

Intent =/= CONTENT.

The reason those BatB roses or TLM starfish are considered such are because:
The shape defines the piece. We KNOW what Beast's rose looks like, we know what the starfish and the special flower from Ariel's hair looks like, if they are stylized but still in that shape then it belongs to that movie because THE GENERAL PUBLIC WILL RECONIZE IT. IT IS ICONIC.

pin40599
This snowflake is iconic, it comes from NBC. It's FROM the movie and people reconize it. If you didn't reconize it then you could make a pretty good guess.

pin88528
What movie is this from? Do you know?
pin58310
How about this one?
$_12.JPG
This one?
$(KGrHqNHJE4E88eURyqvBPVe4rQFIw~~60_3.JPG

PD101956-front.jpg

This is pretty much how I view it. While I don't even classify the Classic pin as a "true" Rapunzel pin, I can at least understand why it is considered a Rapunzel pin considering it has the title princess on the pin. This pin (key word, pin) has nothing relating to Frozen on it besides being a snowflake. To that extent, any snowflake pin is now a Frozen pin and heck, any snow-related pin is a Frozen pin too, even those that came out years ago.

That's just my opinion, if someone thinks it's Frozen and needs it to be a completionist, who am I to disagree, it's just that IF I were a Frozen completionist, I would not want it (at least for anything over $10).

I do however agree with this. I say it's not. I would never pay a stupid amount for a pin that doesn't bear a good representation or REAL symbol from the movie I was collecting.

But you may, and I don't hold anyyyyything against you. You like what you like so there.

Ooooo, I like the sparkles one. If it ever goes down in price, I mat buy it, but up to now I'm not considering it a true Frozen pin. That's only my opinion, not to cause disagreements please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back