• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Do you consider this a new Frozen pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what about this piece of crap pin... it lights up and blinks to all heck.

image_zpse855da80.jpg

oh I want this one!!!, not because it is frozen, I just love light up pins!!!

Oh John Jay/mark star can't you ever be nice

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's not JohnJay since JohnJay is a Frozen collector (he has nearly all the Frozen pins on FB that he was going to collect) so he must like the movie. IDK why'd he be bashing a movie that he collects if there weren't some ulterior motive <_<

The person I was sticking up for was Romancing_Train, not Raspurin. I don't know why I try to explain myself as it's not worth it.

I know that's who you said you were sticking up for. I stand by my post.

Well, what about this piece of crap pin... it lights up and blinks to all heck.

image_zpse855da80.jpg

Ahh I want that piece of crap pin! Two actually- my nieces would love them! :D

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's not JohnJay since JohnJay is a Frozen collector (he has nearly all the Frozen pins on FB that he was going to collect) so he must like the movie. IDK why'd he be bashing a movie that he collects if there weren't some ulterior motive <_<

PM me for details. Better yet go to the GM chat

I get it Story. I really do, I should have just continued to ignore his posts. I have had good repore with you and hold no animosity.
I have been trying to be polite to him, but I see that too much has happened and no matter how much I try, it will only look as if I'm harassing him, when honestly I am not. So that said I'll stay away from his posts and wish him to do same. Just act as if neither of us exist.

It is a Frozen pin. The snowflake in the foreground is just a design for the cast members, mickey head design etc. The snow flakes in the background have been used across Frozen merch, one of which Elsa is pictured with in the Art of Frozen book. Guess some of you can take 'eye for detail' off your resume.:lol:

It is a Frozen pin. The snowflake in the foreground is just a design for the cast members, mickey head design etc. The snow flakes in the background have been used across Frozen merch, one of which Elsa is pictured with in the Art of Frozen book. Guess some of you can take 'eye for detail' off your resume.:lol:

That, or some of us have just never seen the Art of Frozen book or this Frozen merch you speak of...problem solved! :lol: I like to consider myself a pin collector, not a pin collector/Frozen merchandise & Art of Frozen book inspector.

P.S. I realize just how sassy this response comes off...please disregard any feelings of insult anyone may feel, it is not intended.

Last edited:
That, or some of us have just never seen the Art of Frozen book or this Frozen merch you speak of...problem solved! :lol: I like to consider myself a pin collector, not a pin collector/Frozen merchandise & Art of Frozen book inspector.

P.S. I realize just how sassy this response comes off...please disregard any feelings of insult anyone may feel, it is not intended.
None taken, at the end of the day it's just a pin. I don't feel the 'need' to be a completist in any of my collecting habits so it's probably why I don't understand it myself. Oh wait, it's Frozen let's work ourselves into a frenzy, can't wait to see something produced along the lines of a zombie Rapunzel. :rofl:

As much as I would like it to NOT be a frozen pin, because I want so baddly to be a completist on this movie... i have to agree that it is indeed a part of the Frozen collection. I WISH i could dismiss it as another random snowflake, i really do! But in good conscience, I cannot.

The Snowflake design is remarkably similar to the pattern you see as Elsa builds her Ice Castle, despite the Mickey's on the short tips. The backer card SAYS Frozen on it, and Olaf is also on the card, appearing to be holding the pin in his hand. The Mickeys in the pattern are simply a part of the Cast Member "special" factor.

Much like someone else stated, if we discount this from the Frozen collection simply because of a few mickeys, we would have to discount things such as seashells, and roses, and other slightly random designs which are associated with other movies.

Is this pin not a BatB pin?
pin56175

I mean yeah, it SAYS its part of a princess set on the package... but going by the argument above, since it doesnt DIRECTLY relate to the movie or look exactly like the typical rose on stem from BatB we can say no?

I understand that folks do not agree with the big white snowflake matching, But I would urge you to look at the light pattern background of this pin in ablown up image.

Take a look at the BACKGROUND snow flakes in the pin, look close please. The best view is the one in the 4-5 oclock, and again at the 7-8 oclock positions. there are very specific "spikes" on the primary Tips, and very clear Diamond shapes on the other tips, that match the snowflake from elsa's Castle. the other snowflakes in the background are also patterns seen in the movie multiple times, especially at the beginning of the movie.

the snow flake in question:
PD101956-front.jpg

a still of the snowflake in the ice castle:
Disney-Frozen-Elsa-Ice-Palace-Chandelier.jpg

Love it or leave it, this pin is a Frozen Pin :)

I thought I was on the right track to become a completist, now due to the nasty face of the new Paris pin I actually don't care and I'll just get the pins I can get easily and not pay through the nose for.

It's a Frozen pin for me. The backing card has Frozen on it, the pin is snow themed and they intended it as a Frozen pin. Whether I'd want the pin as a Frozen collector, that's another question. It's too high in value for me, for what it is. Same as the DLRP Olaf and Anna pin, really.

None of the pictures of the pin that people are using to point out the background snowflakes are displaying on my computer, nor can I get the zoom feature on the ebay auction to work. However, if the background snowflakes do include Elsa's snowflake, I agree that this is a Frozen pin. I still don't agree with the idea of allowing a backer card to dictate whether a pin belongs in a collection; I think completists have enough work cut out for them without having to add pins based solely on their backer cards. But as I'm not a completist, it doesn't really affect me- although I'm a bit disappointed as this being intended to be Frozen probably decreases the likelihood of us getting a pin with Elsa's snowflake featured prominently instead of some hidden mickey overkill one.

I cant believe how much this is selling for on ebay............ :| thats insane, i can understand stained glass elsa cause thats a beautiful pin! But this is just a snowflake haha

It's only so high because it's the only one available. Previous Cross-U pins have had edition sizes of over 1000 pins, and a few years ago, they used to be over 3000 pins. Hardly, something to work oneself into a tizzy over. I don't think Cross-U pins are distributed until after the season ends. In this case, the Cross U period runs until Jan 2nd. I suspect that the one on Ebay came out of the office responsible for distributing them, and once the pins are actually distributed to the people who earned them, the price will drop. As remarkable as it would seem to Disney fans, a lot of people who work for Disney aren't fans. And even if they are, a lot of them stop being fans once they leave the company so CM awards and gifts are always being sold off or given to people.

Cross u pins are actually given at the end of your cross u shift. The last day of winter cross u is the 2nd so they will have been distributed by then. On the back there is no edition size and it says made exclusively for cast members. The background snowflakes definitely resemble the ones in the movie and the snowflake is a spinner. It's roughly the size of a silver dollar and actually quite thick and heavy. Still not sure it really is a frozen pin.... But it is pretty.

In my opinion if you took the card away you would just consider it as a snowflake hidden mickey, and as pin trading doesn't always involve the cards I don't see it as being a frozen pin.

I consider it a Frozen pin, but I don't consider it nice enough to justify the prices its at currently. I think more will surface and the price will drop. I'm not willing to shell out more than $50 for it. :)

I was watching the one selling for over $200 on eBay and went to check tonight how much it sold for and cannot find it on my watch list or under advanced search in completed auctions? Anyone see what it sold for? Kind of strange, it's almost like it disappeared on my eBay? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back