• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh the maquettes look good so far. Paint could make or break it though.

There's also a Japanese 'Frozen' PS4 announced. It...could look better.

Well that's not too badly priced as long as the paintjob is good! The sculpt looks amazing. So far apart from the first LE doll of Elsa everything else of her hasn't looked that nice IMO. Would love a good Elsa figure so this could be it!

How are they going to be sold? I thought that they were only released to the cast members who worked on the movie. :/

How are they going to be sold? I thought that they were only released to the cast members who worked on the movie. :/

Yeah, usually they give them to cast members by raffles and events, etc.

The way y'all are making it sound is if they have a bunch of these to be sold. Typically they create very few to be used as reference for the animators, right? They also put them on display at Hollywood studios in Florida when the movie debuts as an art preview. If anything I'm sure they would only be sold to the cast members who work at WDAS.

Maybe they could create new collectible statues like they did with the merida limited edition statue, but these I can not see being sold to the public.

Last edited:
I went to Toys R Us today, and aside from restocking the older Mattel Merchandise, they had a few new items on the shelf. I was able to pick up the ice skating Elsa, and a Pop-Up Magic Frozen game. The ice skating dolls aren't as lovely as the Disney Store versions, but the play value, and skating moves make up for it a bit. :)

Mattel has the dolls, and a few more new things on their website: http://shop.mattel.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=25104906&sr=1&origkw=frozen

Yea never mind here is a edited statement from the blog:
Edit: Hard Facts Time: These are strictly made-to-order and only available to staff of Walt Disney Feature Animation. Staff who wish to order them are strictly prohibited from buying or procuring these for others. I can respect that in the interests of preventing ebay flipping. But still, they ARE gorgeous, aren’t they?

GOSH DARNIT I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THESE!!!! Im going to cry myself to sleep now.... :(
But on the good side I don't have to spend $$$$$$$$$ lol

^ lame ... giving us garbage to buy and they get all the goods 

Well... to be fair.. They did spend hours and hours working on the movie. :p

I heard that they make them sign contracts that they won't sell them on eBay and that if they do appear on eBay then the auctions will be immediately taken down.

Yea never mind here is a edited statement from the blog:
Edit: Hard Facts Time: These are strictly made-to-order and only available to staff of Walt Disney Feature Animation. Staff who wish to order them are strictly prohibited from buying or procuring these for others. I can respect that in the interests of preventing ebay flipping. But still, they ARE gorgeous, aren’t they?

GOSH DARNIT I WAS SO EXCITED FOR THESE!!!! Im going to cry myself to sleep now.... :(
But on the good side I don't have to spend $$$$$$$$$ lol

Thank god, now I won't be tempted :p

Who would not love to work hours and hours on a Disney movie? Aside from these amazing perks, how fun is their job?:D

Yeah because working in a climate controlled office (even with dead lines) is so tough.

I would rather be working in an office, than working construction in 90 degree heat.

Theres that point of view....
Then there's the other one.
Working days and hours on something only to have it cut out at the last minute. Spending nights at the office to the point where your children don't even know who you are because you never go home. Working double hours, even on weekends. I wouldn't be surprised if they spent their holidays at Disney animating. Pouring your soul into a movie then getting fired because people didn't go see it at a movie theater.

Working as a Disney animator is tough because Disney likes to work until the very last minute. The fact that some of these employees stay in their office until 3 or 4 AM working on storyboards and stuff is tough as it is.

Do you know how much mental strain it is for a person to work in that environment? Sure Disney cranks out good movies, but the animators behind those movies have seen hell.
Working in a controlled climate state is better than the outside and construction, but you know what I think is more important? Your sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back