• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much all of the merchandise is up, but has anyone seen the makeup for the Designer line? And I really don't get their choices in the "other merchandise": Queen Grimhilde is basically plastered on almost everything and Mother Gothel is only featured on the most basic goods (mug, journal, note cards, lithographs, & doll). Thank goodness Cruella got her own scarf and shirt!

is it just the u.s that will be doing the other merchandise??

I hope not, otherwise I'll be phoning some relatives in America to pick up the merchandise for me. Far too many things on my wishlist now after looking at all the merchandise.

Pretty much all of the merchandise is up, but has anyone seen the makeup for the Designer line? And I really don't get their choices in the "other merchandise": Queen Grimhilde is basically plastered on almost everything and Mother Gothel is only featured on the most basic goods (mug, journal, note cards, lithographs, & doll). Thank goodness Cruella got her own scarf and shirt!
I was really hoping for a Mother Gothel scarf. :( oh well. I guess I should be glad I'm saving money.

I was really hoping for a Mother Gothel scarf. :( oh well. I guess I should be glad I'm saving money.

I'm amazed they didn't do a scarf for each. I would have loved a Maleficent scarf, oh well, the Evil Queen will have to do me then.

I'm amazed they didn't do a scarf for each. I would have loved a Maleficent scarf, oh well, the Evil Queen will have to do me then.

I don't get it either. IMO, Maleficent tends to be one of, if not the, most sought after villain in terms of merch. Makes no sense she didn't get a scarf. I'm sad about that. The lack of Mother Gothel things is weird as well. Not as weird as Ariel being MIA from everything last year, though.

Did anyone ever find the eyeshadow palette or lipgloss?

I have been a doll collector for over 20 years and only a few dolls ultimately go up in value. They escalate in price right after a sell-out but then if you wait 6 months or so they settle down closer to retail. Sometimes I don't take my own advice and am always sorry later.

I've noticed that some dolls go up in value, but many fluctuate over the years. Very few of my limited edition barbies are worth even the retail price anymore. It is only a couple of rarer ones that actually increased in value. Most of them, if I wanted to sell them, wouldn't even bring in as much as half of what I paid for them. I'm not sure how the limited Disney dolls will value, although it seems like right now most of the LE deluxe dolls and the designers dolls are a little more expensive on ebay than they were in the stores with only a few of them being a lot more than retail. In time? Who knows! Maybe interest will wane.

I'm not sure if I am getting the Villains. I do want them, but I am not sure I need to add to my collection. I only have one of the princesses. I missed out on the pre-order but then again I still can't decide if I want any of them at all, and there are only three that I really think I would like. With them producing so many I should have some time to choose. I hope.

Last edited:
Thanks! I called my local Disney store this morning too, they did not have the villain merchandise in stock, and she told me she didn't know when they would be getting it.

Wow, the set Sold Out in an hour?! I'm kind of surprised by that. Anyone else. Now I don't know what to expect.

not really since there were only 350 sets, but there are 12,300 left of each doll for individual sale (taking out the UK sets too)

Wow, the set Sold Out in an hour?! I'm kind of surprised by that. Anyone else. Now I don't know what to expect.

According to some people on facebook the only had 250-350 available for pre-order. Not sure if that number is accurate or how they know that, but if it is true then I'm not too surprised they sold out that quickly. What I am surprised at is (if that number is true) why it was so few. With an edition size of 13,000 I thought they'd have around 1,000 available or so and then just shut it down at a certain time.

not really since there were only 350 sets, but there are 12,300 left of each doll for individual sale (taking out the UK sets too)

The 350 number quoted on facebook by various sources only refers to the number originally announced directly from the UK Disney Store website on 08/10/2012 (DS.com in the UK tends to make formal announcements on their website, whereas the DS in the USA makes announcements of future products on The Buzz, facebook, or twitter). Prior to August 20th, the UK announcement was edited to remove the previously announced 350 pre-order sets to the more vague verbage: "a limited number of sets."

Rumors in the USA surfaced that there would be only about 700 pre-order sets in the USA, but there has been no actual proof that this was the case. The source was from a person who supposedly heard that from a retail DS cast member, so who knows if it's true or where that CM heard that.
:dunno:

Closer to two hours if the post from DRJ1828 is accurate...I heard it was more like 700 - 750 sets (which is around 5%) - I think there were 200 - 250 for the Designer Princess pre-sell last year (which also works out to around 4 - 5% based on LE 5000 average). When I checked the site this morning around 7:30am (PST), it still showed "add" (I didn't try putting one in the basket), but by noon it showed "sold out"

Closer to two hours if the post from DRJ1828 is accurate...I heard it was more like 700 - 750 sets (which is around 5%) - I think there were 200 - 250 for the Designer Princess pre-sell last year (which also works out to around 4 - 5% based on LE 5000 average). When I checked the site this morning around 7:30am (PST), it still showed "add" (I didn't try putting one in the basket), but by noon it showed "sold out"

It showed "add" but around 12:55am PST and 1:00 am PST when you tried to add it to basket it wouldn't let you anymore.

UGH I AM DYING. I missed the US release this morning, and they are still available on the UK site but don't ship to the USA. It's like dangling a carrot in front of my face while running on a treadmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back