• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
Mother Gothel Dolls - Designer, Classic, LE 17'' - Closeups

Collage of closeup photos of three Disney Store Mother Gothel dolls, so we can compare their faces and hair. From left to right in the image, they are:

12'' Disney Villains Designer Mother Gothel Doll (Oct 2012, LE 13000)
12'' Disney Classic Mother Gothel Doll (Jan 2012)
17'' Disney Limited Edition Mother Gothel Doll (Mar 2011, LE 1500)

The first two images are cropped from Disney Store hi-res promo images. The last was taken by me. The first two dolls appear to have the same head mold, but painted differently. The 17'' doll, which was released first, was obviously the prototype for the 12'' dolls, as the face is very close in all three dolls. A big changes from the Classic to the Designer doll is the rooted eyelashes and her Bride of Frankenstein style hairdo.

Mother Gothel Dolls - Designer, Classic, LE 17'' - Closeups by drj1828, on Flickr

The Disney Store posted on Facebook this morning that US online orders will not get the villain gift bags. (I can't remember if someone mentioned those bags in this thread).
I also read in the Disney Store Facebook that people in the US (and presumably Canada, too) will get the gift bags if the dolls are purchased in stores, but not online. That follows what the Disney Store did for the Designer Princess dolls (at least in the US).

Gorgeous close ups! I wish I had the dolls now, I'm so impatient!
Thanks! I'm very happy that the UK pre-order page had such nice hi-res photos of the individual dolls. I am liking all of the dolls much more now that I see them closeup. I can't wait to see them all in person, which will happen three weeks from now, on Monday September 10, when the first doll, Maleficent, is released.

Thank you (again) for the amazing photos, the designer series dolls are really stunning. I also collect Robert Tonner's Disney dolls and a few years ago he said Disney has to approve every aspect of the design and they would not allow fantasy outfits for their characters like he has been able to do for some of the comic book lines, Disney did not want their characters portrayed in anything other than the traditional context so I am glad Disney was willing to take a risk and see that the public responded favorably.

I also spoke to a friend that works for Disney and he said they really do not see a shortage frenzy coming for the designer villains, but the lottery and high edition was done more for legal purposes because they did have some legal issues with people claiming they got hurt in the lines last year and the malls complaining about needing extra security and worried about the mall's or property owner's liability as well. And I am sure there was plenty of ill will from longtime customers who were not able to purchase the dolls.

So do not feed the Ebayers !!!

Ugh, I sooo want to place an order of designer goodies. I just hope the mugs and notebook will be well in supply for a while. I love the other accessories but I'm preparing that I may not have enough for them before they are sold out >.<

I wish they had designer villains sticky notes like the set they had of the princesses, love those. I can't wait until my DS get some villains stuff in!

Last edited:
I just got my Designer Villains Lithos in.. I was surprised that they're more of a matte material, and not a lithograph material/glossy. They're nice, and I'm planning to frame them I think.

did anyone notice that Ursula has an incomplete mani in the left hand? I hope the production dolls aren't like this

I just got my Designer Villains Lithos in.. I was surprised that they're more of a matte material, and not a lithograph material/glossy. They're nice, and I'm planning to frame them I think.

Can't wait for mine to come in! I wish I knew about the designer princess lithos before. Anyone by chance have any for sale haha? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back