• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
the disney store in Paris, at the champs elysées, will have them , start with maleficent next monday. 100 dolls are expected to be ready for sell at the store ^^

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that the Disneystore.com website has the 6 piece pin set for the Disney Villains...Limited to 200........

I went to the disney store at the champs Elysée today. I wanted to buy one but once I was there , I ended tp not buy it. Why? Because I didn't like what they did behind her hair. Each tower of hair has something I did'nt like at all. Things like... Well you know..
CFU-cheval-pionté.jpg

Like this. Behind each tower of her hair, you've got two things like that, not even nicely done. I figured out it was made this way, if you wanted to take off the hair style and lay her har down... But it really displease me.

What I liked but wasn't enough for me to buy. Is the dol cape is design like her orginal dress, it is cut .

Forgive me if I'm missing something but is there a reason there's a picture of a (gorgeous) horse in the villains thread? I swear I'm not going loopy!

Forgive me if I'm missing something but is there a reason there's a picture of a (gorgeous) horse in the villains thread? I swear I'm not going loopy!

Yes, since I'm french, I'm not able to explain, what I found behind the maléficent hair... Behind the two "tower of her hair" there something similar to that horse hair cut. I didn't like it. So that why I didn't buy. Each tower of her hair, has two things like this. From behind, and from the side, maléficent look like this horse.

LOL. I really know what you mean about the Maleficent doll. Those little pony tale mini buns behind her horns are horrible. The dolls are already expensive, you'd think they would have done her hair better! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Oh no! Sleepless nights with the cold sneezing & coughing, and now this?!! I too missed out on the DV pins!! Sadly several of them are already listed on *evilbay* with prices gauged up to $500+ and what's even sadder is that they sold!! :(

I went to the disney store at the champs Elysée today. I wanted to buy one but once I was there , I ended tp not buy it. Why? Because I didn't like what they did behind her hair. Each tower of hair has something I did'nt like at all. Things like... Well you know..
CFU-cheval-piont%C3%A9.jpg

Like this. Behind each tower of her hair, you've got two things like that, not even nicely done. I figured out it was made this way, if you wanted to take off the hair style and lay her har down... But it really displease me.

What I liked but wasn't enough for me to buy. Is the dol cape is design like her orginal dress, it is cut .

That made me giggle, the idea of Maleficent looking like the horse. I think she's still look cool in her display viewed from the front.

LOL. I really know what you mean about the Maleficent doll. Those little pony tale mini buns behind her horns are horrible. The dolls are already expensive, you'd think they would have done her hair better! :facepalm:

oh Pony tails mini buns ! yes that's exactely the words I was searching for to describe it. Yes it wrong , each time I saw maleficent at that store, I thought about an horse! So i didn't buy it . I was very disappointed by that. it may be a detail, but i was upset with it. Like it was undone... unfinished product.

I have mulan designer doll and she didn't have that behind. Well, the second i want is cruella, I hope there will be no surprise like that. I posted it, because it's a detail that can be important and you can't guess it, if you order it on the net. The pictures doesn't show the pony tails mini buns.

Last edited:
I was giggling when I saw your horse photo hehe. I couldn't find a picture to describe the horrible mess on the back of her horns! But the horse photo you found is hilarious! I think I will always see a horse when I see Maleficent from now on hehe :rofl:

oh Pony tails mini buns ! yes that's exactely the words I was searching for to describe it. Yes it wrong , each time I saw maleficent at that store, I thought about an horse! So i didn't buy it . I was very disappointed by that. it may be a detail, but i was upset with it. Like it was undone... unfinished product.

I have mulan designer doll and she didn't have that behind. Well, the second i want is cruella, I hope there will be no surprise like that. I posted it, because it's a detail that can be important and you can't guess it, if you order it on the net. The pictures doesn't show the pony tails mini buns.

Last edited:
I was giggling when I saw your horse photo hehe. I couldn't find a picture to describe the horrible mess on the back of her horns! But the horse photo you found is hilarious! I think I will always see a horse when I see Maleficent from now on hehe :rofl:

It is a very good comparison! Horses and Maleficent... it reminds me of Once Upon A Time episode 2, when Maleficent had that pet unicorn that Regina aimed the flying weapons at which led to Maleficent's defeat!

Haha oh I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused because I haven't seen the dolls in person I didn't know what you meant. So she has knob braids (the horses braid)? That's strange. Don't know if that will deter me from getting her. I don't plan on looking at her from behind haha. :)

So has anyone actually gone to the retail stores to do the lottery today? In the East Coast and Central time zones they should already have happened or should be in progress right now. I am curious to know how the turn out is.

Last edited:
Haha oh I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused because I haven't seen the dolls in person I didn't know what you meant. So she has knob braids (the horses braid)? That's strange. Don't know if that will deter me from getting her. I don't plan on looking at her from behind haha. :)

You can see them from the side too. And they are badly cut. It's not round and soft. It's raw and straight. If you hesitated, wait for the pictures. To be sure.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness.... Mali is off the list for me now! What a real shame this is..... thanks for the photos nonetheless, pupuce! :)

You should have seen me at the store... Being all happy, "I'm gonna get maleficent" and then... Huh what's this? And i went to look the others dolls, and the same nightmares... The horrible pony tails mini buns... 4 of them . I was upset and sad, no way I could have bought this doll , at this prize, with the hair so badly done. It was a shock.

I thought about all the people who can't guess it and are going to buy it from the web and I had to tell.

So upset with the hair. Although it's a downer, at least I can save my money lol. Tbh the dolls never appealed to me. Neither did the princess ones, but I had to get Pocahontas since I collect basically everything Pocahontas. They do have gorgeous quality, though!!

There are now, lots and lots of Maleficent Dolls on Ebay. The avarage price of this doll is of $150. Of course, you could get it cheaper on auctions.

So has anyone actually gone to the retail stores to do the lottery today? In the East Coast and Central time zones they should already have happened or should be in progress right now. I am curious to know how the turn out is.

I got a Maleficent doll today at my Disney store! - They got 27 in and I was #26 called (Whew!!). Only about 30 people put their names in though which surprised me there were not more. Of course there were several large groups there so they could get multiple dolls. I did see 2 couples there who forfeited their 2nd doll (which was so nice because otherwise I could not get one!)

There are now, lots and lots of Maleficent Dolls on Ebay. The avarage price of this doll is of $150. Of course, you could get it cheaper on auctions.

The secondary market is going to get flooded with these every week, which should keep prices down. It's really sad that each and every one of those sellers went to the store to try to turn a quick buck instead of just allowing a person who actually wants to get the doll to have the opportunity to buy it from the store. Like you said, there are some auctions that are at decent opening bids (around cost), and I did see a BIN for $100 (though I am sure the shipping cost will kick that up). I suspect that a lot of these sellers may get burned.

I got a Maleficent doll today at my Disney store! - They got 27 in and I was #26 called (Whew!!). Only about 30 people put their names in though which surprised me there were not more. Of course there were several large groups there so they could get multiple dolls. I did see 2 couples there who forfeited their 2nd doll (which was so nice because otherwise I could not get one!)

Oh! Welcome back, BethDarlene! Long time no see! :) Congrats on being able to get her. Since you have one in hand, can you explain what those hair tumors are? Are they actually part of her hair that has been twisted into these nubby things or are they removable ties/hairnet? Thanks!

CONGRATS to everyone who got their doll!

It's unfortunate how many resellers ended up visiting the stores. I really hope no one buys from any of them on ebay. At least Disney Store has a no return policy on Limited Edition items. There's still tonight for those of you who still want to get her.

The secondary market is going to get flooded with these every week, which should keep prices down. It's really sad that each and every one of those sellers went to the store to try to turn a quick buck instead of just allowing a person who actually wants to get the doll to have the opportunity to buy it from the store. Like you said, there are some auctions that are at decent opening bids (around cost), and I did see a BIN for $100 (though I am sure the shipping cost will kick that up). I suspect that a lot of these sellers may get burned.

Oh! Welcome back, BethDarlene! Long time no see! :) Congrats on being able to get her. Since you have one in hand, can you explain what those hair tumors are? Are they actually part of her hair that has been twisted into these nubby things or are they removable ties/hairnet? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back