• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help Change DSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Change DSF
I heard faint moans of pain coming from a darkened alley. They echoed through the street, breaking the monotonous tone of the pitter-patter of rain.

"Want me to hit em' again, Boss?" grumbled someone from the shadows.

I ducked behind a dumpster, trying to assess the situation.

"No, that's quite enough," said different voice. "We're done here."

I leaped out of cover, flashing my revolver and badge. "Stop right there!" I called out. I followed the shadows down the alley with my eyes, trying to identify the goons before they got out of sight. No luck. The battered figure lying on its side in a pile of trash didn't move a muscle. I inched toward it, still aiming my gun down down the alley. I finally got close enough when I realized that it wasn't a person at all. It was a horse.

"Why would those goons beat a dead horse?", I said out loud. It didn't make sense.

I slowly put my revolver back in its case and traded it for my flask; a weapon that deserved attention at a time like this. Some crimes shouldn't be solved..

dead-horse.gif

Several people have said that DSF "isn't listening." I'm just curious as to what that means exactly? Letter campaigns? Face-to-Face meetings? Petitions? Strikes? Has any of this been done in the past? If not, we are all just a bunch of complainers with no action. You can bet that they aren't reading this forum (or taking it seriously at least).

They do read and they have even commented to me about my posts. So they know who some of us are and what we write. I've written a 2 page white paper to then about online random selections. Many give suggestions. They listen in person but are very gunshy to allow anything more formal because if Disney's rules.
They did listen to us last year and did wristbands instead or raffle tickets to hold spots. They did up edition sizes for new marquees and 2 or 3 PTD's. They are aware of us, and seem to have figured out on their own who seems to want to help and who seems to want to skew ideas to benefit just them.

They do read and they have even commented to me about my posts. So they know who some of us are and what we write. I've written a 2 page white paper to then about online random selections. Many give suggestions. They listen in person but are very gunshy to allow anything more formal because if Disney's rules.
They did listen to us last year and did wristbands instead or raffle tickets to hold spots. They did up edition sizes for new marquees and 2 or 3 PTD's. They are aware of us, and seem to have figured out on their own who seems to want to help and who seems to want to skew ideas to benefit just them.

+1 I appreciate your response. Your subtext says it all.

No sweetheart I understand the confession, it's not against the law it's a company policy almost all retailers have, you don't sell damaged or defective merchandise. This has to do with quality controls most of all, like with the BT wall*E some has bubbles on the gloss so it looked bad, what the maker should have done was discard the pin and remake it with better quality. This happened to wdi but they sent the pins back and had them remake the pins

And please refrain from calling me sweetheart.

Oz I get your math and that's all fine and dandy, but with the money Disney has, how hard would it be for the right person to get fed up and they decide to move DSF to Downtown WDW... Do you not think they would have just as much success selling their pins and perhaps not need to cover the 70% annual loss that the theatre suffers??? I was just pointing out that excessive complaints rather than constructive comments, could result in a situation you may not like...

And Psycho your absolutely right in the fact they will not stop making pins, but do we all want to only collect rack pins from DLR and WDW or is it nicer to have more sources to acquire the pins we all love... I just don't get complaining about the one company we can have a bit of influence on... Does anyone at DLR or WDW that has true control over the pins ever talk to any of us to ask us what our thoughts are??? At least Ed and his staff do take the time to listen to us... Yes I get that some do not feel they listen, but they do...

Oz I get your math and that's all fine and dandy, but with the money Disney has, how hard would it be for the right person to get fed up and they decide to move DSF to Downtown WDW... Do you not think they would have just as much success selling their pins and perhaps not need to cover the 70% annual loss that the theatre suffers??? I was just pointing out that excessive complaints rather than constructive comments, could result in a situation you may not like...

Ok that could be it but do you think pins are the only thing that they get constant complaints about? If they did it would not be that big of a deal so WDW gets the pins fine I would just trade for them and for a change the shoe would be on the other foot, I would be content with WDI as my source of Low Le’s to trade for “WDW DSF”. Complaints could be the push they need to do something good or bad we won't know till it happens. Personally there is really little to nothing that would make me disappointed about my actions. If they take out the pins than great the secondary market takes a hit too and the prices could drop since there is little food left to keep resellers in business. It could be the crash that helps settle the dust, I mean look at WDW, DLRP, and TDS pin traders are just fine without DSF.

Last edited:
No sweetheart I understand the confession, it's not against the law it's a company policy almost all retailers have, you don't sell damaged or defective merchandise. This has to do with quality controls most of all, like with the BT wall*E some has bubbles on the gloss so it looked bad, what the maker should have done was discard the pin and remake it with better quality. This happened to wdi but they sent the pins back and had them remake the pins

its a general greeting don't read into it, please your not even my gender of choice

Regardless, that is not what I read into it. I read it as a condescending term of disrespect.

Does anyone at DLR or WDW that has true control over the pins ever talk to any of us to ask us what our thoughts are??? At least Ed and his staff do take the time to listen to us... Yes I get that some do not feel they listen, but they do...

Next time you go to PTN, look the people sharply dressed near the pin preview boards. They are listening to all the chitter chatter. They have commented at my comments to other traders also. I once went down the whole board with a newer trader and told them what was good and what was bad and why. The CM was taking notes and looked amazed. She had no clue we don't like Free-D elements. They didn't understand why we don't like sticker pins. They understood eyes have to look correct. I'm sure some of that is brought back to the merchandise group and the designers. But we still get pins like Rapunzel R/C Horse pin where she looks like a crackhead. If they had previewed that pin at a previous PTN I'm sure EVERYONE would have made it clear to them how terrible her face was.

Disney listens. Whether action is taken or not is the real question.

They (dsf) needs to start doing what WDI does... Don't show any photos of whats being released. Just let the public know that there will be a release on such and such date at this time and thats it....

They (dsf) needs to start doing what WDI does... Don't show any photos of whats being released. Just let the public know that there will be a release on such and such date at this time and thats it....

yeah, that and not allowing any lines until like 9p the night before.

All this will do is make all 300+ come for every release just in case there's some great pins. Make it equal chance the morning of and if more than half the edition size show up, make it 1 per person. They need to up edition sizes and randomize who gets what to stop overnighters (However this gets dicey for mixed LE releases like Iron Man.) I hope for Iron Man it's 1 per person, they randomize 1-300 in a box. Once those are gone, they randomize 301-500. That way the first batch of people for sure get to buy all the pins. If they randomize 1-500 it's gonna be interesing. Unlike the BT's this time you have multiple edition sizes in the mix, unlike before when all were LE300. You could have overnight people only able to get the marquee and people that come right on time that can get all of them. Sure evens the playing field but the party lines have been drawn between overnighters and non-overnighters and the mudslinging could get even uglier if they pull something like that!!

I still think online wristbands, with ID proof, and random selection is the best way. You know how many are coming and can dictate times for groups to show up. You can also adjust how many each person can buy according to popularity of requests.

yes, but if they don't honor those lines, wouldn't that stop people from lining up?

Nope. People want these pins and those with the time and means to wait will simply hang around the area. At this point, there are only two options: Up the LE sizes or go to a lottery system.

The third option is to allow lines, but DSF seems to like making the line up people jump through hoops to get their pins.

Hot mess. It's not being properly addressed and people are starting to feel like DSF management is doing all these crazy rule changes on purpose. Overall, it's some pretty screwed up customer service that lacks consistency and general decency towards their paying customers.

WDI shows what coming out way before, you just have to know where to look, for example this month WDI will have the next batch of characters in hats my favorite is yen-sid, dumbo windows like the ones at mickey's circus but longer in shape, mothers day cat pin with her kittens, a military jessica pin, three caballeros, and a few more. cast members just don't tell everyone or post about it.

All this will do is make all 300+ come for every release just in case there's some great pins. Make it equal chance the morning of and if more than half the edition size show up, make it 1 per person. They need to up edition sizes and randomize who gets what to stop overnighters (However this gets dicey for mixed LE releases like Iron Man.) I hope for Iron Man it's 1 per person, they randomize 1-300 in a box. Once those are gone, they randomize 301-500. That way the first batch of people for sure get to buy all the pins. If they randomize 1-500 it's gonna be interesing. Unlike the BT's this time you have multiple edition sizes in the mix, unlike before when all were LE300. You could have overnight people only able to get the marquee and people that come right on time that can get all of them. Sure evens the playing field but the party lines have been drawn between overnighters and non-overnighters and the mudslinging could get even uglier if they pull something like that!!

I still think online wristbands, with ID proof, and random selection is the best way. You know how many are coming and can dictate times for groups to show up. You can also adjust how many each person can buy according to popularity of requests.

I don't like these ideas lol what if there is something I need for my collection and I have friends that don't live in the area? What if I want more traders? One per person doesn't always work. two or more are more than ok. But upping the edition size I am with you 100% a 700 or 900 would be good. But ED is looking at the past when DSF had pins in the rack for months. Remember I got my BT Ariel at $4.00 because no one wanted the pins same with the marquees, for me they are still ugly and I don't care for them but they are good traders so I will buy em.
For me I think the random and on-line does not work, they could just on the week of, handout wristbands and cards at a random time. Than the day of the release you must have the card and the wrist band to buy the pins. So that way you can’t line up. Also since the edition size is larger more wristbands could be handed out. Maybe even split it into two groups throughout the week like they used to do with the wrist bands (but on a different day).

Last edited:
WDI shows what coming out way before, you just have to know where to look, for example this month WDI will have the next batch of characters in hats my favorite is yen-sid, dumbo windows like the ones at mickey's circus but longer in shape, mothers day cat pin with her kittens, a military jessica pin, three caballeros, and a few more. cast members just don't tell everyone or post about it.

but they don't always show it on the Hub. the last WDI day that was open, I checked and all CMs said there was nothing on the Hub and they didnt know what pins would be released.

but they don't always show it on the Hub. the last WDI day that was open, I checked and all CMs said there was nothing on the Hub and they didnt know what pins would be released.

if you know where to look you will find it. the hub has many pages that are sneaky lol and if you go regularly you get to see the boards like at DSF {but cooler}

I don't like these ideas lol what if there is something I need for my collection and I have friends that don't live in the area? What if I want more traders? One per person doesn't always work. two or more are more than ok. But upping the edition size I am with you 100% a 700 or 900 would be good. But ED is looking at the past when DSF had pins in the rack for months. Remember I got my BT Ariel at $4.00 because no one wanted the pins same with the marquees, for me they are still ugly and I don't care for them but they are good traders so I will buy em.
For me I think the random and on-line does not work, they could just on the week of, handout wristbands and cards at a random time. Than the day of the release you must have the card and the wrist band to buy the pins. So that way you can’t line up. Also since the edition size is larger more wristbands could be handed out. Maybe even split it into two groups throughout the week like they used to do with the wrist bands (but on a different day).

It's not the best for everyone, it's the fairest.

Your idea doesn't make sense. Why make people make extra trips? Stupidest idea they've ever had. One trip should be all that is necessary. If you want one trip and no camp out you have to either randomize it and prove to the 3-day camp crowd it truly is random. Or do online. If only 150 sign up online, then do 2 sets per person. If 300+ sign up, then do 1 per person. DSF sells out either way.

DSF needs to take notice that they are the hot place to go. Disneyshopping and Auctions are out. WDI has been putting out junk lately. They need to up the edition size and make more money. DSF has said recently they don't mind having some pins on the racks for visitors. How many pin tourists don't even bother now because they know nothing is left. Even worst now, there aren't even any PTD's at the moment. If they want money, up the edition size and make good pins.

I heard faint moans of pain coming from a darkened alley. They echoed through the street, breaking the monotonous tone of the pitter-patter of rain.

"Want me to hit em' again, Boss?" grumbled someone from the shadows.

I ducked behind a dumpster, trying to assess the situation.

"No, that's quite enough," said different voice. "We're done here."

I leaped out of cover, flashing my revolver and badge. "Stop right there!" I called out. I followed the shadows down the alley with my eyes, trying to identify the goons before they got out of sight. No luck. The battered figure lying on its side in a pile of trash didn't move a muscle. I inched toward it, still aiming my gun down down the alley. I finally got close enough when I realized that it wasn't a person at all. It was a horse.

"Why would those goons beat a dead horse?", I said out loud. It didn't make sense.

I slowly put my revolver back in its case and traded it for my flask; a weapon that deserved attention at a time like this. Some crimes shouldn't be solved..

I swear if you are not a professional author you may be wasting an amazing talent... I would buy your books in a second...

This just moved up to one of my all time favorite Noir post...

Perfectly written... I Love It...

It's not the best for everyone, it's the fairest.

Your idea doesn't make sense. Why make people make extra trips? Stupidest idea they've ever had. One trip should be all that is necessary. If you want one trip and no camp out you have to either randomize it and prove to the 3-day camp crowd it truly is random. Or do online. If only 150 sign up online, then do 2 sets per person. If 300+ sign up, then do 1 per person. DSF sells out either way.

DSF needs to take notice that they are the hot place to go. Disney shopping and Auctions are out. WDI has been putting out junk lately. They need to up the edition size and make more money. DSF has said recently they don't mind having some pins on the racks for visitors. How many pin tourists don't even bother now because they know nothing is left. Even worst now, there aren't even any PTD's at the moment. If they want money, up the edition size and make good pins.

Why are you so dead on one per person? That won’t help much. It only means the collectors there will keep the sets for their collection and the resellers and company will still have their market if not more. One per person is a ridiculous idea it only adds to hype and makes people want more since they only can get one trade out of the pin. It’s agreed that edition sized must go up that we all agree with I don’t know if there is a decent argument against it. Wrist bands and all that don’t work all; I don’t see a system that would be fair. Online comes down to whom can move through a site faster, and just limiting the amount you can buy just because more people came after and want the pin is not fair. For now let’s just hope there is a increase in edition size than we can work from there. Who knows maybe if they up the sizes there will be no need to have wristbands and or alternatives.

i know its high but 1000 would make me happy

Why are you so dead on one per person? That won’t help much. It only means the collectors there will keep the sets for their collection and the resellers and company will still have their market if not more. One per person is a ridiculous idea it only adds to hype and makes people want more since they only can get one trade out of the pin. It’s agreed that edition sized must go up that we all agree with I don’t know if there is a decent argument against it. Wrist bands and all that don’t work all; I don’t see a system that would be fair. Online comes down to whom can move through a site faster, and just limiting the amount you can buy just because more people came after and want the pin is not fair. For now let’s just hope there is a increase in edition size than we can work from there. Who knows maybe if they up the sizes there will be no need to have wristbands and or alternatives.

i know its high but 1000 would make me happy

+1,000,000,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back