• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
Hello!
I bought the Punzie and Gothel set directly from Disney and the box had been cut thru all the way to the decorative sleve and her hair is a tad messed up and one foot was backwards and the base was not connected to the plastic case. I was very upset and ended up buying two other sets from e-bay, both are better than the one I got from Disney. This is the first doll I've gotten directly from Disney (I also have the Purple 17", wedding 17", designer punzie, designer gothel and flynn and Punzie designer.)
I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with the new Dolls from the Hero v Villans set?
Thanks in advance!

Hello!
I bought the Punzie and Gothel set directly from Disney and the box had been cut thru all the way to the decorative sleve and her hair is a tad messed up and one foot was backwards and the base was not connected to the plastic case. I was very upset and ended up buying two other sets from e-bay, both are better than the one I got from Disney. This is the first doll I've gotten directly from Disney (I also have the Purple 17", wedding 17", designer punzie, designer gothel and flynn and Punzie designer.)
I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with the new Dolls from the Hero v Villans set?
Thanks in advance!

Every release is going to have flawed dolls, it doesn't seem to be escapable. If you read previous posts, there's at least one horror story of Elsa having a leg that was attached backwards.

You should definitely contact Disney about the matter, though. Take pictures so you have proof and send it to them. Explain everything in a calm tone. Their response will vary, but at the very least, you've let them know that there was yet another issue with the production quality.

I absolutely adore my Elsa & Hans set but I'm still trying to get the same feeling with Anna & Kristoff. I think I just got them because I wasn't sure what we'd get in future and my primary collection is designers. I know I'd be able to sell them off if needed so would rather get them than not end up with anything.

Which of these designer dolls would you get? Someone's offered to buy me another designer doll for Christmas but need help deciding which. Anna and Kristoff/ it's the one designer doll I skipped this year as was too expensive coming out at the same time as FF, really love Anna's face on this doll and it would look nice with designer Elsa. Cinderella and Charming- love this set and I don't own a Cinderella doll yet, the only thing making me not want this, is the fact they may do Cinderella and Tremaine next year and I would rather have that. And last option is designer Maleficent- used to own this doll and I love it but sold it and later regretted it.

Honestly I would chose Cinderella & Charming - I have this set and I'm not a huge fan of Cinderella (she is in my top 5 favs) but I really love this set, Cinderella is beautiful.

I own all of the original designer doll and 5 of my favourite couple dolls (including Anna & Kristoff) and I just don't feel like they (Anna & Kristoff) fit in this collection. For me the Designer line means something different and beautiful and I just think that this set is a bit of a pee take and like someone just thought about it after a few drinks.

I don't know if that even makes sense and it probably sounds crazy but out of my designer sets these are my least favourite....like I saw previously I only bought them in fear of not getting another designer set so we'll see what happens in future.

I've never seen Designer Maleficent so couldn't really advise on this one.

I agree Anna doesn't seem very designer, but next to the designer Elsa she looks nice as they are both so movie accurate. I love the Cinderella set its just the hair that bothers me. How is her hair in person?

I love the Cinderella set its just the hair that bothers me. How is her hair in person?

Cinderella's hair is MUCH better in person, as is usually the case with these dolls.

The designer Maleficent is absolutely a gorgeous doll. Her horns being made out of hair was a unique design choice, but I got her for my father for his birthday that year and he loves it still (Maleficent has always been his favorite Disney character). She's definitely worth it, especially if you regret getting rid of her.

My personal favourites are Ariel, Snow and Elsa with Rapunzel and Peter Pan been my least favourites. I had to adjust Ariels pose to make her my favourite but the Rapunzel one is my least fav overall I think it's just the dull colours, but I still love her.

The Designer Fairytale Collection Prince and Princesses Second Series had sneak peaks by the end of May - link for reference. I really expected we'd see something by now (impatiently waiting) :coffee:

Last edited:
I'm hoping we get more information (like release dates) soon! Actually I would just really like the release dates (for UK especially, personally) because it will help with the saving and making sure people get the set they want the most. I know that the rumours of which pairs are going to be in this wave have suggested four releases, and they all seem to be pretty amazing. Just would like to see some promo pictures!

I just want some kind of leak really soon so I can figure out if I am going to get any of them or not. I really wanna pre-order Belle, but considering that I have a REALLY limited budget this year, I need to figure out if I am going to get her or save my money for one of the designer sets. We basically know what all the characters will be, but the artwork and actual pictures really make a difference.

Any guesses/hopes on what poses or scenes these dolls will be from? I'm really hoping the Aurora/Maleficent set comes with the spinning wheel, with Aurora's hand reaching out for it as Maleficent commands her to touch it. Think this image:

Sleeping+Beauty+Aurora+and+Maleficent.jpg

I've also been having this random hope that Maleficent will be accented in red like her original concept art, but I know that is not going to happen.

Any guesses/hopes on what poses or scenes these dolls will be from? I'm really hoping the Aurora/Maleficent set comes with the spinning wheel, with Aurora's hand reaching out for it as Maleficent commands her to touch it.

I've also been having this random hope that Maleficent will be accented in red like her original concept art, but I know that is not going to happen.

I hope you're right on the spinning wheel scene being used for Aurora/Maleficent!

One of my predictions is that for the Cinderella/Tremaine set they will use Cinderella's pink dress and Lady Tremaine's outfit from the ball. And I think it'd be brilliant if Lady Tremaine was holding the blue beads (that give Cinderella's outfit "just the right touch") like in the movie. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back