• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. some amazing zapping going on.. Congrats everyone.

Amazing work David & Amy - you've made peoples Christmas extra special.

I can't wait to see the pics, Manta. Being an Elsa pin, I'm sure it will be gorgeous. ;D

Docfish, as though it can't be said enough... you are amazing!!

large.gif
I got the pictures to work, lol:p I really, really love this particular Elsa pin because I like her expression. It's just right:)
And yes...David and Amy, you are amazing:D Thank you so much! I didn't expect to get a pin, honestly, simply because I don't post as often as I should and stuff:)

I totally agree! I think that is the prettiest Elsa pin they've put out so far. Whenever I see that one, I have to remind myself that I don't collect Elsa. :)
The colors all look nice together too, and the blues go together. I'm not good at describing things, but that pin is perfect in my mind. (And, it is WAY prettier in person than in its pictures, lol:p) You could always just have one or two Elsa pins or something, although that could get way out of hand very quickly, I'm sure:)

This was so amazing! Many many congrats! :D

~Merlin
Thank you!:D

Congrats Manta, Elsa's face is perfect on that pin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Thank you!:D I think so too, lol. I just really, really like the way they did her face on this one for some reason.

OH MY GOSH DAVID IS MY NEW BEST FRIEND! XD
d838b91e6cb643d98df7b27b60cfa2d0.jpg

Simba+Nala my favorite thing about the Lion King, and now I have my grail of them together! :D Thank you so so so much David and Amy, I will never forget this. I've only met you both once and I was instantly treated like more than family, you two are the sweetest and some of the best people I've ever met in my life. It's still a mystery to me how David does this, and whether you should be a "knight" or a "King" is under debate to Me! XD

I can't express the pure joy I'm experiencing via words so I'll just do some gifs! XD

c9e13d8b6854365b3e1453b088488965.gif

28e8477c1953cbaca51e171cf49be03f.gif

9cf8650b6f0757726d29720b411822fa.gif

I'll be wearing the pin for the rest of the day, I'm so happy! Thank you again David! :D

Speechless!

David and Amy zapped me with a whole SET of grails:

39300926916fe19bb7be14d10d4b4b3b.jpg

For those of you who do not know me well, and have no idea why these pins would be on my grail list -

I volunteer as a "caring clown" in real life, meaning I actually dress up as a (non-scary) clown on a regular basis and bring cheer to people who need it. (Mostly young kids, senior citizens, and mentally handicapped adults.)

I've suffered with severe depression (bipolar disorder, actually) my whole life and am on disability for it, because my episodes can be so unpredictable and intense that I am unable hold on to a regular job.

For years, I had a very low opinion of myself because all I could manage was a bit of volunteer work here and there (shelving books at the library or watching kids after school), and I felt like I wasn't making a bit of difference in the world.

It took me a long time to realize that what really makes me happy is making OTHER people happy, even if only for a moment.

I don't do anything fancy - I make a few balloon animals, sing songs, hand out cards and stickers, and give hugs, but it means so much to me to know I've brightened someone's day.

So, these pins mean an awful lot to me. I think I'm going to display the entire box with my clown collection as a constant reminder to put on a happy face, get out there, and spread some cheer.

I love them, David and Amy, and I love you! Thank you so much. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've been buying some pins from here and online so I'm expecting a few LBEs. Then I open one up today from someone named David....

maleficent%20dsf.jpg

I am in shock! I took this as an exercise to finally create my first signature, and there are so many people here on the forum, I was not expecting to be chosen.

Thank you so much Grailslayer David and Amy! I have a number of pin collections, but Maleficent is my favorite. This pin is just nowhere to be found, and now I have it! My eyes are still watery in writing this post; I just had to thank you immediately. I even updated my signature. I very much enjoy reading about the zaps you have been doing in the few years I have been on DPF; it's a real joy, and now I'm a zappee from you. I'm so excited! Have a great holiday season!

Wow, the beautiful zaps and stories keep flowing in!! Congratulations everyone!! Ladybarclay, bandleader stitch is amazing and I'm sure will look awesome with your drum Mickeys!! Cyke23 and Ventchick, I love those maleficent and alice pins! And those were perfect gifs to go along with your new lion king addition, AvatarAng! ;D

Okay, I THINK I got the pictures working now!:)

I knew those pics would be gorgeous! (Huge frozen fan here so I may be bias :lol:) I love that you let Elsa help you open it too ^.^ Congratulations!!!

Speechless!

For those of you who do not know me well, and have no idea why these pins would be on my grail list -

I volunteer as a "caring clown" in real life, meaning I actually dress up as a (non-scary) clown on a regular basis and bring cheer to people who need it. (Mostly young kids, senior citizens, and mentally handicapped adults.)

I've suffered with severe depression (bipolar disorder, actually) my whole life and am on disability for it, because my episodes can be so unpredictable and intense that I am unable hold on to a regular job.

For years, I had a very low opinion of myself because all I could manage was a bit of volunteer work here and there (shelving books at the library or watching kids after school), and I felt like I wasn't making a bit of difference in the world.

It took me a long time to realize that what really makes me happy is making OTHER people happy, even if only for a moment.

I don't do anything fancy - I make a few balloon animals, sing songs, hand out cards and stickers, and give hugs, but it means so much to me to know I've brightened someone's day.

So, these pins mean an awful lot to me. I think I'm going to display the entire box with my clown collection as a constant reminder to put on a happy face, get out there, and spread some cheer.

Oh Sora, that is so, so amazing!! <3 And absolutely beautiful the meaning behind them too. I remember reading about your volunteer work around the forums and it made me smile the first time reading it. Now reading your story behind it, doubly so =,) Congratulations - Docfish found those pins the best home they could be in! :hug:

Last edited:
Sara, your story touched me so much. I battle with my inner demons every day and the only thing that makes it worth it is making happiness for others. I'm so happy David could deliver that grail for you!

All these stories are so beautiful, I love reading them.

Last edited:
20161209_170551_zpsszwhu2xs.jpg

20161209_170605_zpsqznyie0n.jpg

Came home to find a package with this pin inside!
Thank you so much docfish2u and snoffsan for my very first grail and Merry Christmas!
This is going straight into my Christmas collection (updated picture to come)

Last edited:
GrailSlayers as I am including Unibear too - THANK YOU!!!

I was not expecting to be gifted with such generosity! In fact, I have had a couple occasions this past year to slay a few Grails and I know why you do it. Collecting is fun, but helping others ... So rewarding!! I try to have my clients see this through our work together. The feeling of joy you get from helping others ... Unmatched. The feeling I had opening this envelope ... Unmatched!

c67fc2897a036499143070ada6c843b7.jpg

As a father, I totally love collecting with my daughter and helping her build a fun collection. Very few of the pins we have are "mine". However, as a clinician, I have unearthed a few pins that tell therapeutic relationship stories. The above Roo Counseling a sad Lumpy is just such a wonderful pin to me on so many levels and totally fits into my one real collection - therapist themed pins. Here are the main three in my collection. There is a Stich DA pin out there with the devil and angel stitches in his shoulders and I believe there is a similarly themed Donald out there too ... One day I will be a therapy theme completist. Soon these will need to hang in my office

512ce149602cef10e6082fdafe9f5f21.jpg

Thank you again to all involved with the slaying of one of my Grails as well as to those that have spread the joy of helping others! I cannot begin to thank you enough!

Last edited:
Hoo boy, guys...I have so much to say but I'll try to keep it short.

04b42b2f33b843776c89ce722dff7805.jpg

I have been obsessed with the Genie from Aladdin since I saw the movie at 3 years old. My friends would pretend to be Disney princesses or Power Rangers or whatever, but I wanted to be the Genie. I had a Genie plush doll that I slept with every night. I had Genie pictures and cut-outs over my bed. Obsessed.

Like a lot of people here it's been a tough year for me. I discovered (or re-discovered) Disney pins while bed-ridden for a while and cruising the internet, bored out of my mind and looking for things I could add to my relatively small Genie collection. "Oh yeah, pins! I got a few of these when I was at WDW a few years ago. I wonder how many there are?" Before I knew it I was spending tons of time on PinPics checking out everything there was, then I found DPF. This Vinylmation pin was one of the first ones I saw and really loved, but I wasn't able to track one down. When I learned about Grail pins this was the first one that came to mind.

I LOVE my new treasure--and it is a treasure!! Thank you so much David, Amy, and bjean for your kindness. As a new member the DPF community has been so awesome to me. :love:

Hoo boy, guys...I have so much to say but I'll try to keep it short.

04b42b2f33b843776c89ce722dff7805.jpg

I have been obsessed with the Genie from Aladdin since I saw the movie at 3 years old. My friends would pretend to be Disney princesses or Power Rangers or whatever, but I wanted to be the Genie. I had a Genie plush doll that I slept with every night. I had Genie pictures and cut-outs over my bed. Obsessed.

Like a lot of people here it's been a tough year for me. I discovered (or re-discovered) Disney pins while bed-ridden for a while and cruising the internet, bored out of my mind and looking for things I could add to my relatively small Genie collection. "Oh yeah, pins! I got a few of these when I was at WDW a few years ago. I wonder how many there are?" Before I knew it I was spending tons of time on PinPics checking out everything there was, then I found DPF. This Vinylmation pin was one of the first ones I saw and really loved, but I wasn't able to track one down. When I learned about Grail pins this was the first one that came to mind.

I LOVE my new treasure--and it is a treasure!! Thank you so much David, Amy, and bjean for your kindness. As a new member the DPF community has been so awesome to me. :love:

That's so awesome, congrats! :D

I love that people are sharing their stories with their pins! It's great to get to know a little about our little DPF family. :) These are all great!

Wow, the beautiful zaps and stories keep flowing in!! Congratulations everyone!! Ladybarclay, bandleader stitch is amazing and I'm sure will look awesome with your drum Mickeys!! Cyke23 and Ventchick, I love those maleficent and alice pins! And those were perfect gifs to go along with your new lion king addition, AvatarAng! ;D

I knew those pics would be gorgeous! (Huge frozen fan here so I may be bias :lol:) I love that you let Elsa help you open it too ^.^ Congratulations!!!

Oh Sora, that is so, so amazing!! <3 And absolutely beautiful the meaning behind them too. I remember reading about your volunteer work around the forums and it made me smile the first time reading it. Now reading your story behind it, doubly so =,) Congratulations - Docfish found those pins the best home they could be in! :hug:

Thank you! :)

Sara, your story touched me so much. I battle with my inner demons every day and the only thing that makes it worth it is making happiness for others. I'm so happy David could deliver that grail for you!

All these stories are so beautiful, I love reading them.

:Hugs:

So how many have been accounted for and have any of the boxes been discovered yet?

This thread makes me so happy.

Ooh, me, me!

I got one of the boxes! :D

Speechless!

I'm not crying! You're crying!!

f4d1fda923fbfcdc6d8eb28c9a2ecab9.gif

That's so amazing and it couldn't go to a better person. <3

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

All of these stories are so awesome! I can hardly even stand it! <3 congrats to everyone!!!!

And David and Amy are incredible. Absolutely incredible!

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

By my count there are 18 people that have posted here... out of 44 amazing zaps.

and 1 out of the 3 boxes we spied in that picture that was posted...

Lots more happiness to come.

jzblsi.jpg

I am so glad you posted this. I kept looking at your signature wondering which Elsa pin it was!
That pin is so beautiful. Congrats!

Def. teared up reading everyone's reactions to getting their grails! Everyone is so deserving of these, and I am SO thankful for our community and for the grailslayer. Looking forward to seeing everyone elses reactions :)

I received a LBE in the post this morning , looks like I won too :D

And here's Anna and her sister reunited (I won Elsa in a previous Rasputin game)

Thank you Coby , David & Amy . I love her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back