• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"it's a small world" Animators Collection Dolls
Awww, sadness. I just called one of my stores and they said it's online only. I guess they're just trying to clear them from the warehouse or whatever.

But I'll be hopeful that they're clearing room for more small world dolls. It's possible, right?

Well, I've never bought any of the Small World Dolls, but I love the Animators. How could I turn down $10 each! I bought the China, Japan, Holland, and Kenya dolls. Plan to give two (Holland and China) to my mom and keep other two. And since I needed to get free shipping, I threw in the talking Stormtrooper and one other item for my husband.

They're $10 right now online! BOGO free @ $20. If they're on the same sale in stores, I'm stocking up! I especially want more France dolls to line them up like they are on the ride. And yes, I'm aware that makes me crazy...

But for anyone who was undecided about getting them, now's the time.

Ha, ha. That is an absolutely AWESOME idea about the France dolls! :bowdown:

I feel like we aren't, as well. I've totally given up hope. They've cleared out most of the dolls online and in stores (only our outlet has them now). They even gave away the cardboard display at my local store. I was devestated because it didn't go to me.

So, in mourning, I bought a few of the clearance dolls in case I want to make my own.

I messaged the Disney Store FB page, but they only said they have no information about it. I also asked Steve Thompson on his FB page, but he had no info, either. Wait, this makes me sound like a crazy person, doesn't it?

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE OTHER FOUR DOLLS??! We never got USA, North America, Spain, and Africa. I wonder if the Frozen fiasco took away from the other lines.

I really hope they do come out with more dolls, although I'm becoming doubtful. I only got Holland, because I was holding out for potential future countries. I really did love all of them, I just kinda felt like there wasn't much variety in the set.

I am looking at it in both ways.. like I feel like Disney is only clearing them out because they want to make room for more small world dolls.. but the fact that it feels like if they are so desperate to sell them by bringing the price down to $9.99 makes me feel a bit uncomfortable... also maybe they are trying to hide info about new dolls?.. idk... it just feels like they would have done it by now. The USA doll would have sold really well here in this country because everybody is prideful of it.

can they actually give away the cardboard display away? My store doesn't have an outlet so I want to ask if I could have it.. Can any person get that display from the Disney store or do you have to be well known?

It might be that they're waiting on Christmas to release the newer dolls.
I would expect them be out sometime in November.

Yeah, there's always a chance they'll release more countries. It's true that they might just want to clear out the old ones to make room for the new ones this Christmas season, so I hope you guys are right :)

They might just make less after getting stuck with so many of certain countries. These dolls definitely weren't produced equally. In the future they might only make as many as they did of Mexico and China, which were only on the market for a couple months.

As for the displays, I think they only give them to employees. I know which employee has the one from one of my stores, so I'll be bugging him until he gives it to me (j/k... sorta). And I thought about it and realized that getting rid of the display doesn't mean the line is done. They only had the DAC display up for the first year to promote it. Now the dolls are just on shelves like the classic playline.

So my hope has been restored...

I've given up hope as well, but you never know.

It seems lately as if they have just been trying to get rid of them. I have a feeling this was a one time thing for the anniversary. :( I hope I am wrong.

Here's why I think they might not be done. Disney is rumored to have an It's A Small World movie in the works. Movie=merchandise. Second the announcement for the dolls wasn't made until October last year; there could still be time before Christmas. Last thing is kind of a stretch, but maybe getting all the dolls off the shelf now creates demand later, like limited editions. Better get them all next time or you'll miss out! (Darn you England! *shakes fist*)

Last thing is kind of a stretch, but maybe getting all the dolls off the shelf now creates demand later, like limited editions. Better get them all next time or you'll miss out! (Darn you England! *shakes fist*)

I don't think this is a stretch at all. Over the last few years, DS has made QUITE a name for themselves in the toy collecting industry. Any collectible manufacturer wants to create that demand.

Have you checked the small world dolls completed auctions lately? England goes between $400 and $600, India goes for nearly $200, and Hawaii goes for almost $100. Some of these OE dolls are fetching more than their LE items on the secondary market.

As for the movie, from what I've read it has nothing to do with the dolls (or the ride for that matter), so I'm not sure how much they'll be able to connect them.

But, yes, you're right that there's time for the dolls to come out before the holidays. RDC keeps leaking images of other DAC dolls, so maybe the small world ones will pop up soon...

Just thought I'd draw attention to the fact that the "it's a small world" drop down menu has been removed from the DS site. :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yikes what in the world??
i guess i won't be selling my england doll and instead will be buying a china doll instead.

this line was fantastic, why did it have to come to an end?

EDIT: well the page itself still exists... so there's still hope!!

Last edited:
I'm crossing my fingers, holding my breath, and wishing on a star. I'm not giving up hope! Maybe now that they have restocked Frozen they can focus on other lines.

I will be in denial forever. They'll release more one day, I just know it.

At least I think.

Maybe?

I just want to know what happened to the other four dolls. I totally blame Frozen. That movie highjacked all production lines. The poor people who work in the factories. It must've been such a nightmare for them.

any new news on what's going on with this line?
i tried to google for some new info, but i don't even know where to start... most of the "news" i found were from last year.

this line is too good to go down so fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back