• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Lion King PODM meet up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion King PODM meet up?

fluffystitch

Active DPF Member
Rating - 93.9%
31   2   0
Hey everyone! Some of you ay know me and some of you may not. This is precisely why I am posting this thread. I WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU GUYS!
From what I understand pin releases, especially PODM releases, can be very hectic. I don't know if this can or will work, but I would love to meet some folks from here on the forums; but I need your help.

Basically I need to know if you guys are up for this and how we could actually execute it. Maybe I'm in no place to even post this but I'm fairly new to this hobby and would LOVE to meet other disney enthusiasts like me. :D

I'm blocked the day of the release so I'm going to pin traders at DTD.

Hope to see some of you there,

Have a magical day.

Jonny
:hsd:3 DAYS LEFT:hsd:
*ANNOUNCEMENT*
If you would like to meet other DPF members please, please vote on the method to do so.
Your choices are: 1) Wearing a specific color of clothing 2) Wear mickey ears 3)Name Tags
Feel free to suggest any other method you think suits this type of occasion.

Last edited:
Id like to meet up! Ill be wearing a layard with Goofy, Country Bear, Roger rabbit and Muppet Pins. and a novelty shirt. But I may look stylish. Depends :p

Isaac

IsaacandAmanda

I'll be wearing a lanyard full of t favorite little mermaid pins! But- some of them are pretty rare, and I don't want them to fall off- any tips? I heard that the locking backs ruin the pin posts... Please let me know guys!:)

Thanks! Yours is awesome too :) Oh, and by the way, the grab bag I bought arrived very quickly and the pins were in great condition. Yay! :wiggle:

I'm new to pin collecting, so excuse me for being out of the loop. What exactly is a PODM? I've seen pics, but I don't really get it :dunno:

I'm new to pin collecting, so excuse me for being out of the loop. What exactly is a PODM? I've seen pics, but I don't really get it :dunno:
From what I understand PODM means: Piece of Disney Movie History. I think people actually use an "H" actually, I think you are suppose to use the "H". Disney cuts up film strips, which are individual scenes, and put them in the pins I assume you saw. Depending on the scene the more desirable/valuable the pin is. This is why I hear these particular pins are so sought out for that people get cookco crazy at these release events. In addition, Disney only makes 2,000 pins, with different scenes in them. It is thought that DLR gets 500 of those scenes and WDW receives 1,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back