• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Lion King PODM meet up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion King PODM meet up?
From what I understand PODM means: Piece of Disney Movie History. I think people actually use an "H" actually, I think you are suppose to use the "H". Disney cuts up film strips, which are individual scenes, and put them in the pins I assume you saw. Depending on the scene the more desirable/valuable the pin is. This is why I hear these particular pins are so sought out for that people get cookco crazy at these release events. In addition, Disney only makes 2,000 pins, with different scenes in them. It is thought that DLR gets 500 of those scenes and WDW receives 1,500.

Wow, they seem really cool! I bet they sell out soon, then? How much do they usually cost?

Not that I'm going to be there, but you should all color coordinate so you have a halfway chance of meeting. Name tags are good too, cheesy and embarrassing yes, but also quite effective. I don't think the lanyards will be enough since at least 50% of the people there will have one on. Since it's Lion King maybe you could all wear something yellow, or whatever color you can agree upon, it won't totally eliminate confusion since some people might just be randomly wearing yellow, but hence the effectiveness of the name tags.

Not that I'm going to be there, but you should all color coordinate so you have a halfway chance of meeting. Name tags are good too, cheesy and embarrassing yes, but also quite effective. I don't think the lanyards will be enough since at least 50% of the people there will have one on. Since it's Lion King maybe you could all wear something yellow, or whatever color you can agree upon, it won't totally eliminate confusion since some people might just be randomly wearing yellow, but hence the effectiveness of the name tags.
Nametags would be cute! but with both user name and real name LOL so we can put the faces on some of these user names LOL

THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA!
if you guys want to do this I'm so down! Name tags... home made name tags?

From what I understand PODM means: Piece of Disney Movie History. I think people actually use an "H" actually, I think you are suppose to use the "H". Disney cuts up film strips, which are individual scenes, and put them in the pins I assume you saw. Depending on the scene the more desirable/valuable the pin is. This is why I hear these particular pins are so sought out for that people get cookco crazy at these release events. In addition, Disney only makes 2,000 pins, with different scenes in them. It is thought that DLR gets 500 of those scenes and WDW receives 1,500.

okay im sorry but no they are called PODM = piece of disney movies like pin#90007 and PODH=piece of disney history like pin#77693 they are completly 2 diffrent pins just to clarify and cant wait to meet up with some of you i will be their too and unforuneatly im with you im blocked on thursday so i will be walking and hanging around downtown disney basically all day so see you then haha lol

okay im sorry but no they are called PODM = piece of disney movies like pin#90007 and PODH=piece of disney history like pin#77693 they are completly 2 diffrent pins just to clarify and cant wait to meet up with some of you i will be their too and unforuneatly im with you im blocked on thursday so i will be walking and hanging around downtown disney basically all day so see you then haha lol
Thank you for clarifying :) Being blocked sucks, but DTD will be fun! Would you be up for the color coordinating idea that ruby suggested?

Sooooo I may convince my parents to let me go, even though I'll have a final and work later that day. How does the line-up work? Do they bring the box out for whoever is in line and then let them look at all the scenes? Or do they hand you one or two and that's it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back