• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Wreck it Ralph release

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF/DSSH Live from Hollywood - Wreck it Ralph release
For those who got the set - can anyone share a pic of the front of the hinged train car? I am curious to see what is on the front of it!!

Scar PTD is definitely a worthy consolation prize. I already got back home to SD but luckily someone can pick him up for me while still there. Good luck to all those still on Hollywood blvd, and those trying to obtain these pins. LOTS of new faces today.

i hope people had fun and traded in line, but it ultimately makes me sad and a little sick that its turned into a circus in which 50% of the folks in line are there to get pins and basically SCALP them for 10x the price. Nobody buy **** for a while and those pins will sell for cost. Make it NOT worth their while!

i hope people had fun and traded in line, but it ultimately makes me sad and a little sick that its turned into a circus in which 50% of the folks in line are there to get pins and basically SCALP them for 10x the price. Nobody buy **** for a while and those pins will sell for cost. Make it NOT worth their while!

It depends, 'cause I know some people on here were kind enough to sell sets to other forum members who could not be there to get them in person (like me, I bought stuff off other people). I agree that it sucks when you see 10+ people there just to eBay multiple sets on a single account, when a local trader can't get them standing in line, but I guess supply and demand is what it is. Like you said, if the prices seem unreasonable, just wait for them to settle down.

I also agree with what others have said about camping, it would be better if people who really wanted things could just show up early and camp and be guaranteed what they are after, instead of having to rely on knowing 10+ people to stand in line for a raffle. If you are alone, it was like a 50/50 chance of being able to get the set, which stinks when you stood out there for hours waiting.

Random chance is WAY better than camping out three days in a parking lot in Hollywood for pins.

And I say that as someone who has gotten bad numbers as often as good ones. Today, I stood in line for a voucher that I was just going to give away to a friend if it was a good number - I don't collect WIR and don't have the funds for extra traders right now anyway. But I got a high number and left emptyhanded. That's the way it goes. But still WAY better than camping.

Random chance is WAY better than camping out three days in a parking lot in Hollywood for pins.

And I say that as someone who has gotten bad numbers as often as good ones. Today, I stood in line for a voucher that I was just going to give away to a friend if it was a good number - I don't collect WIR and don't have the funds for extra traders right now anyway. But I got a high number and left emptyhanded. That's the way it goes. But still WAY better than camping.

That's fine, it all depends how bad you want anything. You don't collect WIR, so it's no big deal to you losing a relatively quick raffle. And I understand that.

If I lived there and there was some exclusive thing I felt I needed for a collection, I would probably be willing to camp for a guarantee. I don't think I would have camped for this set, but there might be something out there someday I would definitely be okay with camping for if I wanted it badly enough. I'm thinking more along the lines of LE 150's though. And it would have to be really epic. But I'd do it to save potentially hundreds of dollars, yep.

The campouts had to stop because they had become multi-day events where the police had to be called multiple times because of extremely bad behavior on the part of a small number of individuals. This was a liability that Disney could not afford to let continue.

Random voucher drawings the morning of the release has leveled the playing field and given the collectors who cannot spend multiple days camping out because they actually have more going on in their lives than this often crazy insane pin stuff the best chance they have to acquire the pins they either want or need for actual cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back