• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Love is a Pin Haul! - post your LiaA acquisitions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love is a Pin Haul! - post your LiaA acquisitions!
Hopemax- that's awesome! We didn't really spend any time at trading tables (don't have great traders). The tables look a little intimidating.

I'm seconding this. When pin trading, I like to help people out with their collections. And I feel as if it's too easy to be taken advantage of in those scenarios. So catch me in line for the boards!

Mystery Chasers....My Dad got 1, I got 5 and so with 6 out of 8, I thought we would accomplish Goal 1: Complete a set. Then our friend arrived, and she had put mystery boxes on her RSP for us. We opened those and got 7 more chasers! We got really lucky! So now we are going to try for 2 complete sets. Although this Dumbo thing is going to be a problem. Mine does not have the silk screening.

We have an extra Jack & Sally. And we have three LE250 Chasers from Museum of Pin-Tiquities event (Chip, Dale, Kermit) and we have some WDI LE250 Pressed Pennies.

We need for the 2nd set: Dumbo, Roger & Jessica, Robin Hood, Hercules

Let me know if anyone can help.
Go return your Dumbo at Event Services tomorrow with another one. They'll trade it out for another box.

I had some great trades and met some really awesome people, some for the first time! It's been a blurricane today. Here's my keepers today! Between the tables at registration and the pinpics event I knocked off a lot of wants on my list and found some I didn't know I wanted!

Thanks so much to anyone who traded with me or said hello. You guys make pin trading worth it. Now onto day 2!

5a721da04c438dcd83b0ff5b4ce0f17e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh! And for those of you who got pickups from me for the event, I've just finished taking inventory and everything is here. :D I'll start mailing out Monday (unless you're getting some F&W pins too).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Seems like this is the thread people are using for LIAA trades outside of the event (unless we get a new thread started for that?) I need that Meg and Herc chaser, y'all don't even know... I have the Ariel Love is Strength and BatB Love is Quotable pins being picked up for me at the event. If you have a Meg chaser and are willing to trade for either of my LIAA pins, please PM me!

I haven't been on the forum lately, due to some life issues, but I'll try to watch this thread if I can. :)

Have fun everyone! :D

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Mystery Chasers....My Dad got 1, I got 5 and so with 6 out of 8, I thought we would accomplish Goal 1: Complete a set. Then our friend arrived, and she had put mystery boxes on her RSP for us. We opened those and got 7 more chasers! We got really lucky! So now we are going to try for 2 complete sets. Although this Dumbo thing is going to be a problem. Mine does not have the silk screening.

We have an extra Jack & Sally. And we have three LE250 Chasers from Museum of Pin-Tiquities event (Chip, Dale, Kermit) and we have some WDI LE250 Pressed Pennies.

We need for the 2nd set: Dumbo, Roger & Jessica, Robin Hood, Hercules

Let me know if anyone can help.

I have Roger & Jessica - I'd love to trade for Jack & Sally!

Not sure I want to trade in the Dumbo Error pin for another box. Assuming these are LE250, there have to be less than 250 errors, no? Makes this one of the rarest pins in the set. Now if they let me keep my error pin for another box for the inconvenience, I'm in.

Not sure I want to trade in the Dumbo Error pin for another box. Assuming these are LE250, there have to be less than 250 errors, no? Makes this one of the rarest pins in the set. Now if they let me keep my error pin for another box for the inconvenience, I'm in.
Honestly, I've seen more errors than good ones...

Honestly, I've seen more errors than good ones...

So it's my theory that they intentionally stopped putting the names on. I got one of the ones with words on it, but there was pink all around the eyes, and a patch-up job on the forehead. From what I've heard of people who also have the worded pins, they have similar errors. Pink in places it shouldn't be, patches on the trunk, ears, etc. So I think that while screening on the words, for whatever reason, the pink stuck on different areas of the pins. And since it was too much work to fix all 250, so they just stopped printing the words on. So there's likely more error pins than good ones, since the good ones (with the words) would have been the first one to be made (and they likely fixed the problem early-on in production.)

01e7833f28dc053a0d160cb1c35edec0.jpg

Also, these are the only "collection" pins I've traded for so far. I'm very excited! I hope that everyone this far has had as good luck in finding some new pins to love.

Everyone's been having such great hauls today! I hope the good luck continues to tomorrow :)

I am too tired to post my pins. I didn't do any additional trading besides my pre-trades and board pins. But I still have a nice little pile. I'll try again in the morning.

a7cc3e9fe2725f07d6b64120e8076c77.jpg

This is what my niece traded for on Friday's boards. I think she did awesome. She's decided to collect the princess thrones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ayer everything is said and done here's my final pin haul.. including what I got from boards and people.
Had a lot of fun and met up with a few people from DPF. Thanks to everyone I met with and traded/talked to!

GHvbEma.jpg

Okay quick, somebody post a cartoon with their eyes popping out of their socket...

Ayer everything is said and done here's my final pin haul.. including what I got from boards and people.
Had a lot of fun and met up with a few people from DPF. Thanks to everyone I met with and traded/talked to!

GHvbEma.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back