• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

NEW: Wreck it Ralph DSF Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...I'm shocked the marquee or Vanellope didn't go first in all honesty (first in terms of the original 6).

I'm guessing, and this is admittedly a shot in the dark but... I think a lot of people buying the pins now are those coming out from the movie and filtering through the Soda Fountain shop. I'm guessing that the marquee one isn't quite as cool to average person or child as a Ralph or Vanellope pin would be. That being said, I was sure that Vanellope would go first too but maybe it's because of how she's depicted on the pin. It's not really the standard Vanellope, it's more like a super deformed anime version of Vanellope. I dunno, just guesses :\

Yeah, I think Vanellope will be next. They said they had at least some of the others in the back.

I think the marquee being an LE500 is helping it last too...

I love the Vanllope of Taffyta pins because they do, as you said, look like anime girls. That is why I adamantly loved those 2 pins since they were first announced. I love Japanese culture and language so those pins (especially with the swirlds in the background) reminded me of it lol xP

What is the LE size on most marquees usually rik?

I love the Vanllope of Taffyta pins because they do, as you said, look like anime girls. That is why I adamantly loved those 2 pins since they were first announced. I love Japanese culture and language so those pins (especially with the swirlds in the background) reminded me of it lol xP

Did you catch that the Sugar Rush song is sung by a band called AKB48? Almost can't get more sappy-Japanese-y than that. :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AKB48

What is the LE size on most marquees usually rik?

I've never seen them above 300 until just the last month or two... They are usually 300 like the other pins for popular films (i.e., animated films), 150 sometimes if they don't think it will sell fast (usually for live-action movies/documentaries like John Carter or Chimpanzee...)

Did you catch that the Sugar Rush song is sung by a band called AKB48? Almost can't get more sappy-Japanese-y than that. :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AKB48

I've never seen them above 300 until just the last month or two... They are usually 300 like the other pins for popular films (i.e., animated films), 150 sometimes if they don't think it will sell fast (usually for live-action movies/documentaries like John Carter or Chimpanzee...)

Tron, Toy Story 3, and one or two NBC marquee's were all LE500 before this year. They are typically LE300 and LE150. I am not sure if we will see anymore LE150's anymore unless the movie is something like a Chimpanzee. There was an LE250 which came with a pin trading bag and the pin is smaller than most marquees.

Tron, Toy Story 3, and one or two NBC marquee's were all LE500 before this year. They are typically LE300 and LE150. I am not sure if we will see anymore LE150's anymore unless the movie is something like a Chimpanzee. There was an LE250 which came with a pin trading bag and the pin is smaller than most marquees.

Yeah, I kind of forgot about those being large releases too... Looks like Tron, TS3, the first 3D Nightmare, the last Pirates were LE500... Maybe one or two others scattered around. Still, haven't seen one in nearly 1 1/2 years, and then all of a sudden there's 6 in a row (at least)... I think there's some perception of 'lower value' when they are LE500s. Especially pins like the NMBC that they release annually. Since they did two of them, they should have made them LE150s each (or no more than LE300 for sure...)

I only got Felix, but I wish I could afford the Felix medal, too. I am so enamored with that boy. This is my first time getting a pin like this! It's quite exciting! And its my first LE pin! Many thanks to ChickenLittle! :)

Last edited:
So Disney was clearly thinking that WIR was going to be a big release if they upped the marquee to LE500. I'm curious how well it will do in the long run. I just got back from my second showing of it, and yes, I'm still very much smitten if not moreso. If the movie never gets popular in pin trading, that is fine by me, it'll let me get all the Sugar Rush pins easier :D

So Disney was clearly thinking that WIR was going to be a big release if they upped the marquee to LE500. I'm curious how well it will do in the long run. I just got back from my second showing of it, and yes, I'm still very much smitten if not moreso. If the movie never gets popular in pin trading, that is fine by me, it'll let me get all the Sugar Rush pins easier :D
Disney upped the marquee edition size to 500 with the Nemo marquee release, not WiR.
They did that due to increased attention and collectors of marquees. I attribute the marquee craze to the sale of a few Up marquee's in April for $400. A handful of new marquee collectors went hog wild to be completionists and have been paying stupid prices for the ones they need ever since. Hence why we see Walle and Meet the Robinsons on eBay for $250. Tangled for $500. Just 5 months ago Tangled was $150 but resellers are using their profits to buy marquees and are paying high dollar amounts for them so all marquee's have inflated in value since. Now that the new ones are LE500 we stand no chance to trade these new ones for older ones. Even Nemo which is a great looking pin for a good movie doesn't trade/sell all that well. Monsters Inc. should be a great pin but again at LE500 will be flooded in the market with resellers and you won't be able to trade them for anything but a $20-$25 random LE pin.
Brave was the last grail marquee to be released. Cinderella on these new marquee's just aren't going to hit the values of the old ones. I don't see another grail marquee on the horizon unless they do Avengers 2, Iron Man, or rumored Aladdin. Maybe a 5 year anniv. marquee of Up in 2014? Yea right. Monsters U will just be ok. Peter Pan in January will be just ok.

So, so happy! I got my DSF set in today and they are such beautiful pins. The Felix medal is super heavy, I was shocked. I'm so happy I wound up getting these. Now all I need is King Candy!

I was there today. They have Felix, Vanellope, and Taffyta left. Also they have the teacher from Frankenweenie and all of the pins from the last Tinker Bell movies except Tinker Bell and the marquee.

Has it been 2 weeks since the release? Or was it just released this past Saturday? I forgot. Sis might want Vanellope.

We are going to eat breakfast with Boo on Saturday, December 22nd (just made reservations). Hopefully they will still have the LE500 Monsters Inc. marquees in stock!

Whoo, I got my hands on a King Candy! He is awesome, way better in person!

I only have King Candy at the moment from the DSF pins so I can't say about the others (they are still on their way in the mail) but yes, I agree that King Candy is an amazing pin. It only helps the fact that he is such an amazing character in the movie. The writers and his voice actor (Alan Tudyk) really have a winner in him lol xP

As for the movie's release, it came out on Nov. 2 so it will have been out for 2 weeks as of tomorrow :)

Last time I was there (several days ago) they had a ton of Taffyta and some Felix, that was it... I even went through all the Taffytas looking for any stray Vanelopes, and there weren't any... I suppose they may have found some they forgot about, but I think it's just those two left (Taff and Felix).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back