• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

People lined up at the Soda Fountain already for tomorrows wristband release

Status
Not open for further replies.
People lined up at the Soda Fountain already for tomorrows wristband release
are you freaking kidding me?!? awesome. there goes my shot at even trying to ask anyone to help me get one set, and i can't afford to pay whatever ridiculous prices they will go for.

Hey DSF, here's a thought - how about doing a pin release on a Sunday, and if you're going to do wristbands, do them on a Saturday. i know that there are people that work those days too, but at least every once in a while try doing them on weekends, not weekdays, so that those of us with m-f 8-5 jobs have a chance too?

Just wait it out. I'm pretty sure the price will go down. It will end up being like the Chip & Dale pins that were released a while back where they were dressed as other characters....most DSF pins go down in price pretty quickly now especially with how many people arrive to just get the pins for sale or trade. Most people will end up getting stuck with them and they'll trade easily. Just like the new Beloved Tales are now.

Just wait it out. I'm pretty sure the price will go down. It will end up being like the Chip & Dale pins that were released a while back where they were dressed as other characters....most DSF pins go down in price pretty quickly now especially with how many people arrive to just get the pins for sale or trade. Most people will end up getting stuck with them and they'll trade easily. Just like the new Beloved Tales are now.

here's hoping!! :x:

The people in line must be there to get their wristbands because they presold on ebay and head strait over to DLR after to buy up the PODM's to also sell on ebay they pre sold. with the gas, drive time, traffic, ebay fees and all that time, they are not making a profit at all? that is a total waste.

lets say 20 miles x 2 (40 miles) to drive to DSF - stay there 16 hours in line for the actual wristband on their wrist.
35 miles from DSF to DSF - stay about 3 hours in lines
20 miles back home
70 miles minimum in gas alone thats $20-$30 in gas alone.
I guess the profit is there but the 18-20 hours in line and the time traveling time????

without traffic its 60 minutes from DSF to DLR and lets say home to DSF then DLR back home is 60 minutes
2+ hours driving + the 20+ hours in line = 22+ hours. California minimum wage is $8 = $176 in lost wages. but who work at minimum wage???

So all in all the six (seven with a surprise pin) DSF pins and the 4 PODM's (twice in line) have to all sell for over $200+ to make any type of profit. then take into account DSF overnight parking and fast food over night and on the way to DLR.

More power to them.

only 14 pre sold lonesome ghosts i could find... hmm... I kinda figured that one wouldnt be huge. And the price is as expected.. about 35-45 each with a couple higher. You are totally right. With gas prices, these pre sellers are gonna make nothing off their pins. Perhaps they presold enough to pay for a keeper set?

the people that are there tonight (That I know) have jobs to go to in the morning, they're just lining up to ensure they get their wristband and go to work without a hassle. I think everyone needs to calm down, just show up tomorrow and everything will be okay. See you guys tomorrow!!

why do people always assume that the first in line are Ebay pre-sellers?! The people that I know that are usually first in line, don't sell their pins.

why do people always assume that the first in line are Ebay pre-sellers?! The people that I know that are usually first in line, don't sell their pins.

Because quite often they are the pre sellers/re sellers.... Nothing wrong with preselling a few pins to help pay for your own set and offset the price of gas in my book. I just dont see why folks are worked up for this release. Something tells me they wont hand out all the WB's and they will have pins left that afternoon.

And if some of the folks lined up to get WB's tonight are doing it cuz they work tomorrow, that is a good way to deal with the problem they have of not being able to go to weekday releases.

+1 I couldn't point out who the sellers are. The same people I see at the DSF releases are the same people I see at DLR and PTN trading. I wouldn't doubt if there's people who trade/sell.

So instead of an overnight stay in line for the actual pin release - now we overnight for the wristbands and then come back the next day for the actual release?? Oh wow - this is silly . . . .

So instead of an overnight stay in line for the actual pin release - now we overnight for the wristbands and then come back the next day for the actual release?? Oh wow - this is silly . . . .

Whats next, people waiting overnight to get a spot in line to get a wristband for a pin that's released the following day

Whats next, people waiting overnight to get a spot in line to get a wristband for a pin that's released the following day

No no.. whats next is we pay hobo's to wait in line to get a spot in line for the wristbands the day before the release, then we butter their arms, remove the wristbands and wait in line before dawn on day of so that we know for sure we wont lose the spot that we paid good money to get in the line for a 9am release that wont sell out until that evening anyway.

I waited in line for 23 hours for the DSF Brave pins and it was non stop fun!!!

Let me know if u are going for non stop fun when its WIR time. I have been planing on going for months but now find out that i cant go. Its supost to b my birthday gift. But not sure i can get my hot little hands on them now.

About 50 now I think.
I for one do not appreciate the assumption that all the people who are first in line are eBay sellers. I've been in line since about 2:45pm and have been having fun hanging out with other pin traders :) I do not sell on eBay. I'm getting one set for me and one set to trade. Don't believe me? My eBay Id is hobbitecho. Feel free to check, I haven't sold anything there in a long time. I am a pin trader, not an eBay seller. Please don't make assumptions.

I do have an extra marquee in case someone wants it. Thanks.

:shock:

But hey, on the brightside, at least these people can't be in both the PODM line at DLR and the DSF line at once ;) Now there's a better chance of a shorter line for the PODM release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back