• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin pic trade requests wanna share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin pic trade requests wanna share?

Psycho Pixie

Vacations are a grand thing
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I knew I was gonna get some lopsided requests for the new PTD Rapunzel. But sometimes, one request stands out as totally funny. Not insulting, funny, because it is so lopsided that the person obviously just check marked every box instead of reviewing the requests.

todays funny PP TR:
pin2419
le5000 t/w 27/27:facepalm:

for

pin94703
le300 t/w 34/155

Thank you random pin trader for making me smile. share some of yer funny TR's???

I have the PTD Rapunzel on my wants and someone sent me a TA asking for my LE 100 Disney Auction pin that I value at $150. I know the Rapunzel's are going for a lot...but I just can't...knowing you JUST paid $10 for that pin. You know?

This thread... awesome idea :)

I have many I could choose but my fave is this (and the reason I took the pin off my traders)

They wanted this:
pin91338

Pin 91338: DLP - Brave - Merida and Cubs - Celtic Braid

And offered this:
pin66620

Pin 66620: WDW - Hidden Mickey Series III - Alphabet XR (X)

With a note to say "rare hidden mickey, only available in limited numbers. Would trade this for both pins requested"

Wanna know what the other pin was?

This:
pin86668

Pin 86668: Disney Store Europe - Young Charlotte and Tiana

I have many I could choose but my fave is this (and the reason I took the pin off my traders)

They wanted this:
pin91338

And offered this:
pin66620

With a note to say "rare hidden mickey, only available in limited numbers. Would trade this for both pins requested"

This:
pin86668

Wow!

I have the PTD Rapunzel on my wants and someone sent me a TA asking for my LE 100 Disney Auction pin that I value at $150. I know the Rapunzel's are going for a lot...but I just can't...knowing you JUST paid $10 for that pin. You know?
I have the Rapunzel PTD on my owns, trades, and wants. I have only received offers to get it in exchange for my Tangled Opening Day pin that I value at $200+. And the best offer I've received for it is probably a $35 Disney Auctions Tink. Most are just trying to piece together a bunch of LE's that are in the $15-$20 range but I'm not interested in piecing together pins to arrive at a value. There are reasons why I almost never send trade requests for Up, Wall-E, or Tangled marquee's. Because I have almost nothing worthy of them. I guess somewhere along they way these people got a lopsided trade accepted and feel encouraged. I think they are honestly just trying to do anything they can to acqurie Rapunzel but I wouldn't give my best friend $100 in return for $20 so why would I do it for a total stranger??

They wanted this:
pin91338

And offered this:
pin66620

This:
pin86668

This is an awesome opportunity. I hope you accepted it and while you are at it, why not zap your trading partner with a PODM :lol:

I am in the same sad boat. I feel like responding "Ummm, did the turnip truck come in yet ??" but I have to show restraint.

And last week someone offered me for my

What can I say?? I can't blame people for trying. God knows what I must have done when I was newb.

Last edited:
I've received two separate requests, from two separate people, offering the Rapunzel PTD in exchange for my: Pin 55687: DisneyShopping.com - Elisabete Gomes - 6 Pin Set #2 - Cinderella Only :facepalm:

I'll add, for anyone reading this and secretly getting upset that your trade request was called out. You can view your trade requests before they go out and delete the ones that are super lopsided. If you check all the pins you could trade and then say "Willing to do multiple." Often a person only wants 1 of the ones you're offering so pinpics only sends us 1 pin for 1 pin, we dont' see all the multiples. You can go to pinpics > mypinpics > "Click here to view your current pending trade requests" (6th link down.) Now, if the people have listed themselves as anonymous, fair game. They get what you offer. But if it's someone, say me, that isn't anonymous and it show you are offering a hidden mickey for a PODM, you might want to do us all a favor and just delete that one. Just an FYI on how it all works in case some of you didnt know you could see them before they go out.

I haven't sent out any trade requests for rapunzel, and I haven't added her to my traders yet either. But what I want to know is where you are getting your values from
Where is your $150 value from? if it's from ebay, then the PTD pin you claim as a "$10 pin" is really a "$100" pin.
Did you pay $150 for the pin? I read all the time about how people are sharks, well it seems pretty sharky to use two different value systems for your pin vs theirs.
Now is it worth a Tangled Marquee or Opening Day pin, No. It may not even be worth the DA LE 100 pin @ $150. But the PTD pin is either worth $13 if you trade on actual cost, or $100 if you trade off ebay prices.

A friend who helped me getting my pinpics a few years ago turned my email address unknown and I don't get any trade requests anymore, someone knows what to do or change in my settings?

Under edit profile when you are logged in, there is a check box to make your email public or not. Making it public I believe allows for the TA to send requests to you

A friend who helped me getting my pinpics a few years ago turned my email address unknown and I don't get any trade requests anymore, someone knows what to do or change in my settings?

Go to "profile" and scroll down to you see "If you'd like to make your username public so that others can see your name on pins you create, and also allow your name to appear in the public list of members, click here:" and "If you'd like to make your e-mail address public to anyone who views your member information, click here:". Click the boxes that makes it public.

I'll add, for anyone reading this and secretly getting upset that your trade request was called out. You can view your trade requests before they go out and delete the ones that are super lopsided. If you check all the pins you could trade and then say "Willing to do multiple." Often a person only wants 1 of the ones you're offering so pinpics only sends us 1 pin for 1 pin, we dont' see all the multiples. You can go to pinpics > mypinpics > "Click here to view your current pending trade requests" (6th link down.) Now, if the people have listed themselves as anonymous, fair game. They get what you offer. But if it's someone, say me, that isn't anonymous and it show you are offering a hidden mickey for a PODM, you might want to do us all a favor and just delete that one. Just an FYI on how it all works in case some of you didnt know you could see them before they go out.

May I also humbly add a link to the how to guide: using pin pics trade assistant. :)

I haven't sent out any trade requests for rapunzel, and I haven't added her to my traders yet either. But what I want to know is where you are getting your values from

Where is your $150 value from? if it's from ebay, then the PTD pin you claim as a "$10 pin" is really a "$100" pin.
Did you pay $150 for the pin? I read all the time about how people are sharks, well it seems pretty sharky to use two different value systems for your pin vs theirs.
Now is it worth a Tangled Marquee or Opening Day pin, No. It may not even be worth the DA LE 100 pin @ $150. But the PTD pin is either worth $13 if you trade on actual cost, or $100 if you trade off ebay prices.

While i see your point, lets try to keep it as civil and friendly as possible. This is a share the funny thread, not a call out sharks thread. Thank you!!

I've haven't been getting trade requests but I've been getting offers for purchasing my pins. I thought that wasn't allowed.

offers to purchase pins via trade asistant? or a person emailing you because your email is accessible? Either way, you may want to forward said emails to info@pinpics.com with a brief note expressing concern.

Wow, why don't you take a step back d-bag! I said that I knew the Rapunzel pin was going for a lot of money but I felt weird that people had JUST bought it for $10...

Don't ever publicly criticize
MY value system. You don't know anything about me or the way I trade.

I humbly and respectfully ask that EVERYONE remember that we all have differences of opinion regarding value. this is for those obviously hilarious offers.

drb195 and tyleet87 take it to PM or let it go.

I have no problem editing the OP and asking for a thread closure.

Keep it civil!

I had a forum member offer me Rapunzel PTD for one of 3 pins .
Beloved Tales Beauty And The Beast
Disney Auctions LE 100 Beast Transformation
or the best offer
Designer Princess Belle
Am I wrong in thinking this was a lop sided trade ?

Some of us only paid the original $15-$25 for some of our LE100's that are now somehow valued at above $100. Hence I don't see any harm in requesting an LE100 for the Rapunzel PTD -- since it is also now valued at around $100. I'm sure we were one of the ones to ask -- since my daughter is missing mostly LE100s in order to complete her extensive 7+ year collection of Ariel/Little Mermaid pins. Sorry if we offended anyone. Doesn't hurt to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back