• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin pic trade requests wanna share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that long ago 2 different ones made me laugh. Someone had requested a trade with me for my BatB PoDM for the Rapunzel Designer Princess shoe 0____o;; and the other was again my BatB PoDM for 4 to 5 of the best friends mystery series (I think it was The Monsters Inc, Lion King, Huey Duey and Louie ones, and 1 to 2 I can't remember), I was like "Uhhhhhhhhh.... :confused:" lol

Which makes me wonder (for the experts on this) : Are the pin pics trade matches sometimes automated?? I mean really now?? A PoDM for those pins??? I mean it's nice to be hopeful and doesn't hurt to ask, but at the very least offer me some type of LE or if OE it would have to be a BUNNNNNCH of them for a PoDM (and I don't even know if that's trade would be possible, maybe older older pins) :dunno: if it wasn't automated perhaps they were new to trading... who knows....

Not that long ago 2 different ones made me laugh. Someone had requested a trade with me for my BatB PoDM for the Rapunzel Designer Princess shoe 0____o;; and the other was again my BatB PoDM for 4 to 5 of the best friends mystery series (I think it was The Monsters Inc, Lion King, Huey Duey and Louie ones, and 1 to 2 I can't remember), I was like "Uhhhhhhhhh.... :confused:" lol

Which makes me wonder (for the experts on this) : Are the pin pics trade matches sometimes automated?? I mean really now?? A PoDM for those pins??? I mean it's nice to be hopeful and doesn't hurt to ask, but at the very least offer me some type of LE or if OE it would have to be a BUNNNNNCH of them for a PoDM (and I don't even know if that's trade would be possible, maybe older older pins) :dunno: if it wasn't automated perhaps they were new to trading... who knows....

you would be surprised how many pinpics members do not know how to properly use the Trade assistant. they dont think about it, and when it comes up, they just click all the check boxes.

Wheeew... I had a feeling that this topic could get ugly. I don't have any to share (as I have pretty much bowed out of most trading) but I know that I was pretty new to PinPics in mid 2012. I was one of those who checked everything and sent it out like a doofus so I'm sure I sent some of you ridiculously lopsided trade offers. It was totally not my intention to offend and was just my "newbishness" shining through. So my deepest apologies :)

i could use some ice cream - but the hubby won't share

68898_2583758770592_805610879_n.jpg

Here's my one and only trade request from this morning ...

xxxxxxxxxx offers HandA this pin: Pin 37656 (WDW - Lanyard Starter Set - Disney PINcess (Jasmine, Ariel, and Belle))
In return for one of these pins:
Pin 93775 (WDW - 13 Event Countdown Collection - Chernabog)

*** offers markheardjr this pin: Pin 51133 (WDW - Hidden Mickey Collection - Formal Series (Donald)) In return for one of these pins: Pin 83035 (Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's Cinderella)

Personally, I don't think lopsided requests are that big a deal. It's a computerized gadget that sends out requests. Boxes are checked, trades go out. If I don't like what a person is offering, I usually don't respond. Someone might be new, someone might have checked a box unintentionally, someone might hope you really want their pin. It's all subjective.

Wheeew... I had a feeling that this topic could get ugly. I don't have any to share (as I have pretty much bowed out of most trading) but I know that I was pretty new to PinPics in mid 2012. I was one of those who checked everything and sent it out like a doofus so I'm sure I sent some of you ridiculously lopsided trade offers. It was totally not my intention to offend and was just my "newbishness" shining through. So my deepest apologies :)

*** offers markheardjr this pin: Pin 51133 (WDW - Hidden Mickey Collection - Formal Series (Donald)) In return for one of these pins: Pin 83035 (Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's Cinderella)

Generally speaking, most of us do not find it offensive, but rather like of funny. Pinpics really needs to put a instruction guide on there.

I'll add, for anyone reading this and secretly getting upset that your trade request was called out. You can view your trade requests before they go out and delete the ones that are super lopsided. If you check all the pins you could trade and then say "Willing to do multiple." Often a person only wants 1 of the ones you're offering so pinpics only sends us 1 pin for 1 pin, we dont' see all the multiples. You can go to pinpics > mypinpics > "Click here to view your current pending trade requests" (6th link down.) Now, if the people have listed themselves as anonymous, fair game. They get what you offer. But if it's someone, say me, that isn't anonymous and it show you are offering a hidden mickey for a PODM, you might want to do us all a favor and just delete that one. Just an FYI on how it all works in case some of you didnt know you could see them before they go out.
Thanks that advice is very helpful in fact just redid all my trade requests with willing to do multiple :)

Personally, I don't think lopsided requests are that big a deal. It's a computerized gadget that sends out requests. Boxes are checked, trades go out. If I don't like what a person is offering, I usually don't respond. Someone might be new, someone might have checked a box unintentionally, someone might hope you really want their pin. It's all subjective.

+ 1 , the system is a bit flawed when it comes to trading, so I would think lopsided requests would happen often and to be expected. I agree with Psycho Pixie that there should be a "how to" on Pinpics concerning the system, or it should be completely modified when they make whatever other changes they were going to.

Just for the record....sometimes a lopsided trade request....gets a response. Responses lead to trades.... maybe not that trade...but often I answer and request a different trade. I would say...often I trade something...that is fair.

It takes patience. A lot of people..JUST WANT TO TRADE. So have a heart and quit poking "fun" at those who don't know...or don't see things they way you do. Their value of your pin is definitely different than they think ...so educate. Or politely say no thank you....and move on.

I hardly ever get into this...but a trader called me...offended and a little hurt and THAT is NOT OK ...

Just for the record....sometimes a lopsided trade request....gets a response. Responses lead to trades.... maybe not that trade...but often I answer and request a different trade. I would say...often I trade something...that is fair.

It takes patience. A lot of people..JUST WANT TO TRADE. So have a heart and quit poking "fun" at those who don't know...or don't see things they way you do. Their value of your pin is definitely different than they think ...so educate. Or politely say no thank you....and move on.

I hardly ever get into this...but a trader called me...offended and a little hurt and THAT is NOT OK ...

I don't doubt some lopsided trades are actually petty attempts to get a newbie to trade a very hard pin they may have acquired. Or fishing expeditions looking for naive or generous traders.

I want to say that I've been fairly impressed with the requests I've gotten for [pinpics]93680[/pinpics]. Nearly all the requests have included a DSF or WDI LE300 pin. Now, there ones that go for about $25, when I know my pin is going for $60, so nothing I would say yes too. (If anyone has sent me a request, I'm letting this one percolate, and trying not to trade it right away. Let it appreciate a bit, I have some older BTs I need to acquire someday or maybe an older POH) But I have a lot of lower value pins on my list and I'm sure people could have checked off one of those boxes and didn't.

Which brings me to my point. If you are an established trader, with a trader list 10 pages long, and if I pull up our matches and see there are 30 or 40 matches, a bunch of them much more appropriate for the pin you want... I will know that you only clicked off the cheapest, and least wanted options. Which means I know you are fishing. I won't trade with you then, and I probably won't trade with you later when you finally get around to sending a more reasonable request.

It's pretty easy to differentiate the requests from newbies, where HM/rack pins are the only matches they have, from the non-newbies who have appropriate matches and don't send those.

Last edited:
Here is one from the other day:

Pin 90879: Stylized Disney Princess Designer Shoes Booster Set - Rapunzel

for

Pin 36082: Disney Auctions - Elizabete Gomes (Evil Queen)

Just a reminder: please keep the conversation on the topic, which is sharing humorously bad Pin Pics trade requests. If the conversation ventures off topic again or gets too painfully personal, it will be closed.

Just for the record....sometimes a lopsided trade request....gets a response. Responses lead to trades.... maybe not that trade...but often I answer and request a different trade. I would say...often I trade something...that is fair. It takes patience. A lot of people..JUST WANT TO TRADE. So have a heart and quit poking "fun" at those who don't know...or don't see things they way you do. Their value of your pin is definitely different than they think ...so educate. Or politely say no thank you....and move on.I hardly ever get into this...but a trader called me...offended and a little hurt and THAT is NOT OK ...
This thread is to generate a laugh at the lopsidedness... not to poke fun at specific people. IDK that other people have been as careful, but I made sure that the person in my OP was not someone on DPF.

I don't doubt some lopsided trades are actually petty attempts to get a newbie to trade a very hard pin they may have acquired. Or fishing expeditions looking for naive or generous traders.
Yeah, occationally I will take a deeper look to see if a counter offer can be made. Half the lopsided trade requests are from people with lots of good stuff who should know better. That PTD rapunzel was one, which is actually part of what prompted this thread.

Just a reminder: please keep the conversation on the topic, which is sharing humorously bad Pin Pics trade requests. If the conversation ventures off topic again or gets too painfully personal, it will be closed.

Thank you Stef. :) Glad to know the thread is being watched. i didnt realize how volatile a topic it could be when I shared my funny for that day.....

hi just received this request via pin pics had to share its a corker ---
Pin 89892 (2012 - PWP Promotion - Deluxe Starter Set (Tinker Bell ONLY))
In return for one of these pins:
Pin 30373 (Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Cameo Series 2 - (Snow White))
Pin 30463 (Disney Auctions - Ariel & DA.com Logo (GWP))
Pin 30668 (Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Aurora in Floral Frame)
Pin 30783 (Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Ariel & King Triton Father's Day)
do i dont i ?????

I just went and deleted all my outgoing trade requests. I think they're okay, but I don't want them to end up on this thread. I'll just wait and see what requests I receive instead.

I just replied through my Junk folder as all the request went in there. I had to turn down some requests as I got the pin they were offering and put in some counter offers which I'm sure will be laughed at or frowned upon. Trading is a lot tougher than I thought :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back