• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin pic trade requests wanna share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seiously thinking about flying down, but I don't have a lot of traders. I'll just stay outside of Disney, like by DTD. Not being able to afford the parks will kill me though. LOL

I'm seiously thinking about flying down, but I don't have a lot of traders. I'll just stay outside of Disney, like by DTD. Not being able to afford the parks will kill me though. LOL

awww I say just save up a little longer and come on in to the park! We would love to have you!

P.S I have yet to get any lopsided offers as per the fact that I am just getting some traders and things together

pin2419

pin94703

Hey PP, I swear I saw a post on here somewhere recently where you posted how you regretted trading away your dragon/Hercules pin in a moment of downsizing. I can't believe you were so quick to turn down this trade. Better go re-think this one....... ;)

I'm one of those unfortunate souls that live in Kansas... RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING COUNTRY. Not anywhere near a park... LOL! Oh well I still have fun here! :)

The only iffy part in the above logic for me is this: Those LE 100 pins lasted the test of time and developed their value over years. The Rapunzel PTD has been released less than a week ago.

Ok, it is Rapunzel and DSF and LE 300 ... but so are the Rapunzel stained glass pin and Rapunzel DSF ticket. Their values did not climb that high at all.

I happen to think that this pin (like all other new release pins) spiked at release time due to panic, but eventually it will settle down in the $55-$70 range. Just my prediction and it is way too early actually.

Yeah but those are ugly as sin. The stained glass pin just shows her outline and the DSF ticket her face was totally screwed up by some elementary school artist that drew it. This pin is gorgeous and sold out instantly. I don't get why we have to argue everytime a pin comes out that appreciates quickly whether it is deserving or not? So that pin took 4 years to be worth $100. Sounds like that pin is actually less desirable because this pin got to $100 the moment it was bought. That pin may have stood the test of time, but anyone that's seen this pin in person knows it will just go up as it gets harder and harder to find.
I don't expect people in Florida to just send me a Rapunzel PTN at cost, I expect to trade something(s) decent for it. But the DSF PTD is more like the DLRP PTN, which was LE400 btw and is now over $150. (BTW if you watched that pin you'd know it went for as low as $75 in May and has spiked along with everything else thanks to PODM and DSF flippers that pump their profits into overpriced pins!) Do I think the FL PTN will be a $100 pin? Not even half that. At LE2000 I don't see it going for more than $30-$35. Too many pins for the quick flippers not to buy them up and kill your market. It's also a different Rapunzel, less hair, not the dreamy pose. I foresee a ton of TA requests asking for a Rapunzel PTD for a Rapunzel FL PTN and it just ain't gonna happen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not cashing in on the Rapunzel PTD. I have one for keep and one for trade, but that one for trade isn't going anywhere for just anything. If you can't respect my selectiveness then I don't think you fully understand pin trading.

Also, something that bugs me on here is one member, not to be named, is getting / has got a DSF pin at cost from another member. Then they are trying to turn around and trade that pin up for the rapunzel, even though said pin is worth less than half. So you got a pin from someone at cost ~$15, value it probably triple what you paid maybe ~$45, and try to trade it for a pin worth 7 times it's original cost and more than twice it's current worth? And you are in here trying to devalue the Rapunzel, do you think that really helps? (That's rhetorical but I just had to post it becaues it was driving me nuts.)

npc389012SMALL.jpg

Two questions why everytime the words Rapunzel PTD are posted people going nuts? Like is it really that hard? I didn't go to the release and Im working on getting lucky number 3/maybe 4 That I may be keeping or trading away I dunno yet.
And is it really up to $100? I literally just bought #2 yesterday for 50$ and the first was 70. I think The words Rapnuzel PTD is awesome...that and Cool Kids always seem to get people on edge lol

and honestly people...To get Rapunzel PTD ,You have to be part of the cool kids club everyone knows that! And also a member of the cool kids club told me that the Rapunzel PTD is better than the WDW PTN not because the LE but because its from California...Thats just what I hear. lol
stirthepot.gif

so... from now on, to start drama we say "rapunzel PTD." and to end drama we discuss ice cream?????? love the stirring the pot smiley BTW! Excellent!

They have Xena conventions?! Whoa! :anxious:

yeah!!!! all sort of people walking around dressed as xena and hercules!!! sounds fun!

pin2419

pin94703

Hey PP, I swear I saw a post on here somewhere recently where you posted how you regretted trading away your dragon/Hercules pin in a moment of downsizing. I can't believe you were so quick to turn down this trade. Better go re-think this one....... ;)

I may regret trading it away, but it is not a fair/equal trade by any stretch of the imagination. lol

Wow this convo got crazy fast!

I am sure I have laid some goose eggs as trade requests, but I feel like what the heck all they can say is no, hopefully politely, some people just never answer back... Whatever, it is just a hobby... Expensive, but a hobby.

I don't get why we have to argue everytime a pin comes out that appreciates quickly whether it is deserving or not? So that pin took 4 years to be worth $100. Sounds like that pin is actually less desirable because this pin got to $100 the moment it was bought.

I am not arguing if it is deserving .. by no means. In the current market, it is deserving. I am arguing if it will hold its value say 1-2 or 5 years from now. It might appreciate or it might come down. This pin has not been tested by time yet. It is just too early. Yes, it might become rare, but "rare" does not mean always valuable. This is a GWP pin after all.

Yes, there are sales for $100. But also there is an auction style sale that ended at $76.99. Another one for $52 and another for $56. So, how are we going to decide now? Is it $100 or $52 ?? Probably something in between is more like it for the time being.

Brave marquee sold around $110 at its peak. A lot of people traded it hard, very hard. Do you want to know last completed sale on Ebay ?? $46 and that price from a power seller's auction. There you go: You have all 3 elements - DSF, LE 300 and marquee.

So again, it is not only an issue if it is deserving but for me it is an issue if it will hold its value in years to come. The pin was released on Sunday the 6th and people assumed that $100 is a fair value. Come 9th and there are sales in the $50's. That is why I think it is too early to decide.

For everyone's sake who have this pin as a trader, I hope they get their dream trades. For myself, I hope the blessed pin holds the price I bought it for ;)

Here are some of mine from the last few days:
January 10: XXXX offers SuperTank this pin: Pin 75914 (Vinylmation Mystery Pin Collection - Park #4 - Epcot Only)
> In return for one of these pins:
> Pin 60114 (DisneyShopping.com - Flower Portrait Series - Jasmine)
> Pin 62001 (DisneyShopping.com - Ocean Series - Nemo & Pals)
> Pin 79167 (WDI - Doom Buggies Connector Pin #14 - Tea Party Ghost)
> Pin 82487 (WDI - Haunted Mansion Ghosts on Disneyland Ride Vehicles Pins - Splash Mountain)
> Pin 83217 (Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland)
> Pin 83709 (Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's The Jungle Book)
> Pin 85952 (WDW - 'Classic 'D' Collection - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride)
> Pin 91918 (WDI - Castle Dragon - Mushu)

January 9: XXXX offers SuperTank this pin: Pin 75913 (Vinylmation Mystery Pin Collection - Park #4 - Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Only)
In return for one of these pins:
Pin 83217 (Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland)

January 9: XXXX offers SuperTank this pin: Pin 84834 (Vinylmation 3D Pins - Figment)
Pin 83709 (Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's The Jungle Book)

January 3: XXXX offers SuperTank this pin: Pin 91268 (DLR - 2012 Hidden Mickey Series - Mad Tea Party - Alice)
Pin 83217 (Piece of Disney Movies - Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland)

:insert eye roll: Here we go again. The ice cream is GWP, you're buying the pin. (Only half sarcasm)

Roll your eyes, bang your heels, do the cha-cha if you have to, but the below exact quote is recorded on Pinpics:

"This pin is a GWP with a Pin Trader's Delight sundae."

I have offered Stitch PTDs in the past when those were selling upward of $30 on Ebay to hear "this is GWP pin and you want an LE for it ??".

Yeah, it happens :(

Two questions why everytime the words Rapunzel PTD are posted people going nuts? Like is it really that hard? I didn't go to the release and Im working on getting lucky number 3/maybe 4 That I may be keeping or trading away I dunno yet.
And is it really up to $100? I literally just bought #2 yesterday for 50$ and the first was 70. I think The words Rapnuzel PTD is awesome...that and Cool Kids always seem to get people on edge lol

and honestly people...To get Rapunzel PTD ,You have to be part of the cool kids club everyone knows that! And also a member of the cool kids club told me that the Rapunzel PTD is better than the WDW PTN not because the LE but because its from California...Thats just what I hear. lol
stirthepot.gif

Just remember me Boo! :)

:insert eye roll: Here we go again. The ice cream is GWP, you're buying the pin. (Only half sarcasm)

Well, chicken or egg--take your pick--but I think Selen has a good point when looking at value over time. None of us knows which way this pin will go (sadly enough for us! If only we had a crystal ball).

Roll your eyes, bang your heels, do the cha-cha if you have to, but the below exact quote is recorded on Pinpics:

"This pin is a GWP with a Pin Trader's Delight sundae."

I have offered Stitch PTDs in the past when those were selling upward of $30 on Ebay to hear "this is GWP pin and you want an LE for it ??".

Yeah, it happens :(

The only other person I've heard call a PTD a GWP only is Applecore. Pretty ignorant if you think they are just any old non LE. I suppose the PWP $3 tickets are worth more because you have to pay for them?

The only other person I've heard call a PTD a GWP only is Applecore. Pretty ignorant if you think they are just any old non LE.

I might be wrong, but I am starting to think that people do not have a right to disagree with your opinions or the way you set a pin's $$ value Mark. I am sorry, but I do not know who Applecore is. I never traded or interacted with that person.

I can only draw from my own experience. Very few people have the pins I want and I have been refused trades for PTD pins. Not in the recent past, but maybe about 2 years ago. If the other person refuses me a trade, caling them ignorant probably won't get me too far. I think that I'd lose, not them. But it is only me.

If someone has your grail, it really does not matter how you value your trader. It matters how they value the grail they hold. If they refuse your PTD, try calling them ignorant. I would be very interested in finding out how that goes for you.

Also, if you have a proven system to determine a pin's value 3-5 years into the future right in the week a pin gets released, please do share. I am sure all of us would appreciate it dearly including me.

Please understand that I have no desire to pick a quarrel with you. All I have been saying over and over is very simple: "It is too early to make any assumption and time will tell". If this does not fit your logic, it is fine with me :)

Well, chicken or egg--take your pick--but I think Selen has a good point when looking at value over time. None of us knows which way this pin will go (sadly enough for us! If only we had a crystal ball).

Whips out her crystal ball and see's....

Ice cream... a whole walmart sized building full of every flavor ice cream that ever existed. Alphabetically listed.
Even PICKLE?!?!?!?
b77506bdf3f6159539c2eb444c44192e_view.jpg

or perhaps this is a better idea?
original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back