• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Thief...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Thief...

jmw1976

New DPF Member
Rating - 99%
95   1   0
Please exercise caution if you plan on trading with name removed He is also on facebook and he was found to have stolen pins..A Lion King BT, DSSH Frozen Sisters Pin, Designer Belle, and Frozen Marquee. The pins have all since been returned to the rightful owner, but name removed had the audacity to actually wear one of the pins on a lanyard at a trading event this weekend and did so in front of the person he stole the pins from.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the thing I hate about DPF. He took the pins and still he cannot be named because the rules.

IT has been proven that he did it by more than a few members here, let the name be seen!

Please can I have a PM with the name so I can be sure not to ever trade with him! Thank you! I'm so sorry this happened :/ :( x

This is the thing I hate about DPF. He took the pins and still he cannot be named because the rules.

IT has been proven that he did it by more than a few members here, let the name be seen!

I have to agree, strongly at that. This individual has been proven guilty and even admitted to a degree about it. The name should be made visible since no false accusations have been made. It's only fair to the honest individuals here who take every measure possible to ensure the pin community remains a fair, honest, and positive place.

Also, I am extremely happy the pins were returned! :)

Last edited:

I have to agree, strongly at that. This individual has been proven guilty and even admitted to a degree about it. The name should be made visible since no false accusations have been made. It's only fair to the honest individuals here who take every measure possible to ensure the pin community remains a fair, honest, and positive place.

Also, I am extremely happy the pins were retuned!

That really is a slippery slope, especially since the transaction did not take place on DPF to begin with, plus the person in question has not come on the site and "admitted to a degree about it". It might have been proven, but from what I have been PMed about, as well as what was posted here, it looks like the "proving" occurred via an in-person confrontation, and then it becomes a "he said, she said" situation when it goes online.

The original poster PMed me the vital info, and we are discussing it now. In the meantime, please do not post the person's name publicly or leave hints to their DPF ID

Thanks

i have been seeing more pins getting stolen in the last few weeks. its crazy cant believe someone would just steal someone else pins out of there bags

There are numerous threads and information posted about this situation on Facebook. If you are super curious, you can easily find it.

In the meantime, its nice to see this come to a conclusion and the pins returned to the rightful owner.

Odd... I am pretty sure this is the same person who attended an event we held last year when items turned up missing... Sad that people allow their morals to reach such low levels....

That really is a slippery slope, especially since the transaction did not take place on DPF to begin with, plus the person in question has not come on the site and "admitted to a degree about it". It might have been proven, but from what I have been PMed about, as well as what was posted here, it looks like the "proving" occurred via an in-person confrontation, and then it becomes a "he said, she said" situation when it goes online.

The original poster PMed me the vital info, and we are discussing it now. In the meantime, please do not post the person's name publicly or leave hints to their DPF ID

Thanks

its not a he said/she said, because the conversation was recorded.

Agree strongly with Rasputin this is our community can't believe this is a rule when few of us agree with it. It's this kind of thing that makes me not want to trade on here, if he can't be named then how do we know if we are trading with him?! If it can be pmed and anyone can find out who it is anyway then what's the point in hiding it? Thankfully I saw who it was before the name was removed and I almost did trade with him at one point. He should be banned from pin forum, any pin groups on facebook and pin trading events unless he's made an apology and admitted what he's done.

Happy the pins have been returned to their owner, to be honest when I saw that happened I thought there'd be no way to track them down again so they were quite lucky he was foolish enough to take them out with him!

Thanks

Not a slippery slope at all. As a community we owe it to each other to let others know when there is a person that is causing issues. I think we are giving to many chances to several people who have proven in the past to be problems. We have the right to know who to watch out for!

For those posting about wanting the name being publicly posted, I understand your points of view. Putting on my mod hat: In the past, the site as a whole (previous mods and the current ones) have been hesitant to allow people in these situations to be publicly IDed, especially if the transaction really had nothing to do with DPF, as should there be an issue with the IDing or something similar, it does open the site to "issues". Now, what might be said via PM, we have no control over it, so if people want to discuss the issue in detail via PM, that is up to them.

However, I would like to think we are open minded about the issue and the needs of DPFers, because I agree with everything said above as a collector. I know other sites that deal with collecting items have ways to post a bad trader/bad seller list that is strictly under the control of the mods/admin. Now that we are discussing this internally, let us see if we can implement something similar.

Edit: Doc posted while I was mulling my answer:

Not a slippery slope at all. As a community we owe it to each other to let others know when there is a person that is causing issues. I think we are giving to many chances to several people who have proven in the past to be problems. We have the right to know who to watch out for!

On a collector level, you are 110% right, it is not a slippery slope. Trying to look out for the well being of the site and all it's members, yes it is. An example: Let's say someone posted the same exact thing, but they were slightly off on the name they posted, or because they heard it second/third hand, it is inaccurate. Because it is has been publicly posted, if the site allows it to remain we are "promoting" the falsehood.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back