• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTDB Redesign Live! Ariel PTD Giveaway - 2 days left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTDB Redesign Live! Ariel PTD Giveaway - 2 days left!

ryanfury

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
2260 Pins And Counting!

CourtneyJean has implented a beautiful new design on Pin Trading Database. It is fully responsive for all screens!

Ariel PTD Giveaway -AUGUST 1
http://www.pintradingdb.com/contest.php
Basically, you find pins in the db that you have for trade or sale and mark that you have them for trade or sale. You get one entry for every 5 traders you have. Only about 300 entries so far!

http://www.pintradingdb.com

The redesign is finally ready! Thanks to everyone who helped with this.

-the db uses the user system from the attached forum. You can register a username or use facebook to join. This was done to achieve single signon between both areas. I don't recommend using the forum for anything other than db related issues; that was created as a place to hang out only for when DPF is down.

-Some exciting features are selling and buying pricing, multiple pics for each pin with user voting for best pic, persistent searches, COMMENTS EVERYWHERE! Nearly all views are stored in the url so you can share anything you are looking at with people.

-The site runs on gold balloons, which can be earned right now by being the first to upload a pic to a new pin. Later, balloons will be awarded periodically to whoever uploaded the top pic of each pin. Balloons will be used for special site features and prize pool drawings.

-Next feature to be implemented will be a trade auction system.

-it's an uphill battle to enter all existing pins into any database, but I think if we start by putting in our traders/for sale pins that it can become pretty useful pretty quickly.

I'm almost always in chat to discuss.

Last edited:
I'm still adding pins. It is a very long process and these are just the pins from my game, not even my traders or my collection. Hope both databases are successful!

You do need to create an account to add pins. I've made as much info as possible on the site for people to view who are not logged in, but adding content (pins, pics, comments, traders) all has to be done by being logged in. You can one click register if you are on Facebook, or create a new account the old fashioned way.

I am also around to help mod. I will start taking pictures of all my collection to send in this week. I have lots of time now that DPP is gone.. but this db should be great once all the traders know about it. The foe to us all needs some competition. I hope both new dbs succeed.

The more options that are available is always a good thing. And even though someone else may be working on something different, just keep working on building something better. When Dizpins folded several forums sprung up, and this one became the dominant one because it was the one that worked and looked the best, not because it was the first. Everyone is going to have a different idea on what are the most important feature. Pinpics was great because it was equally strong as a Pincyclopedia, an inventory system and a trading system. New Pinpics eliminates parts of all of those - the trade features don't work right, no commenting system or groups makes the Pincyclopedia information less complete and less easy to find things. Inventory for the most part still is strong, but having to confirm each pin addition to your wants when you are adding 100+ wants is annoying and time consuming. A new site may be better for one thing than for another, so Ryan, I wouldn't let the existence of another site discourage you from making your site the best you can.

hmmmm ok im registered. i dont understand however. The pin DB i see is not using the traditional pp numbers? So as we add a pin it is being assigned a new #? Meaning if we trade via this site we will have matches based on that site and its pin numbers exclusively?

hmmmm ok im registered. i dont understand however. The pin DB i see is not using the traditional pp numbers? So as we add a pin it is being assigned a new #? Meaning if we trade via this site we will have matches based on that site and its pin numbers exclusively?

I believe this is correct. There is a section for people to input the PP # when they create the pin/add the pin to the database but the database will have it's own numbers.

We need help adding pins/descriptions to the database!

Yes the site has to generate new Ids for every pin. From what I understand (and I don't understand, like, at all) we can't use ANY other database info or they sue us. The pp# is an available input but we never use that for anything. The site basically has to operate like as though other pin databases do not exist.

The more options that are available is always a good thing. And even though someone else may be working on something different, just keep working on building something better. When Dizpins folded several forums sprung up, and this one became the dominant one because it was the one that worked and looked the best, not because it was the first. Everyone is going to have a different idea on what are the most important feature. Pinpics was great because it was equally strong as a Pincyclopedia, an inventory system and a trading system. New Pinpics eliminates parts of all of those - the trade features don't work right, no commenting system or groups makes the Pincyclopedia information less complete and less easy to find things. Inventory for the most part still is strong, but having to confirm each pin addition to your wants when you are adding 100+ wants is annoying and time consuming. A new site may be better for one thing than for another, so Ryan, I wouldn't let the existence of another site discourage you from making your site the best you can.

thanks hopemax this gives me max hope.

Need Japan option (I saw Tokyo, but will that include Tokyo DisneySea, Tokyo DL, and Japan Disney Store)?

Is it possible to update the photos on an existing pin? One of the things I hated the most about PP (and loved about DPP) was that I could easily update photos with large, clear ones... (When editing an existing pin I don't see a way to update a photo...) I'm not sure a 'voting' system will work in the long, having people vote when a random pin (of 100,000 when the database gets complete) is probably just not going to happen... :)

Also, what is the moderator situation? I was one of the mods on DPP, would be willing to help with that again. :)

Also, no way to get larger photos? Why limit it to 400x400? I'd say keep the original upload size so if you click on the image you can see a huge version of it, and just re-size it something smaller (even 300x300) for the 'database' view...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back