• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTDB Redesign Live! Ariel PTD Giveaway - 2 days left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTDB Redesign Live! Ariel PTD Giveaway - 2 days left!
I'm a little confused. This seems to be a pin DB and a forum?

I'm already a part of too many forums and thinking about checking another one on a regular basis makes me shiver.

Why did you decide to do forums and not just the pin db?

Went through and added my pins based on what was in the database. I have a ton of pins that I can to add to the site over the coming days, I just need to take photos of them first.

I'm already a part of too many forums and thinking about checking another one on a regular basis makes me shiver.

It's virtually one account for both :3 You don't have to check the forum.

Went through and added my pins based on what was in the database. I have a ton of pins that I can to add to the site over the coming days, I just need to take photos of them first.

Ill be adding about 100+ lk pins tonight i took pics of already....:D If you have pics already taken i can add them for you.

I don't blame you for not wanting to keep up with another forum. Do not worry. Historically, the forum was created first, that one time when dpf was down for 4 days. When I decided to make a db I wanted to use the authentication system of the forum, so it would only be one login to remember instead of 2. The forum is buried in a forum directory now and nobody uses it except for maybe chatting sometimes. It's just for the login, which can be traditional or one-click facebook signin.

I love the giveaway idea! Just a shame that I don't think have 5 traders in total to add in order to get one entry... Well, time to stock up, I guess! In the meantime, I can keep taking pictures and adding pins.

I don't blame you for not wanting to keep up with another forum. Do not worry. Historically, the forum was created first, that one time when dpf was down for 4 days. When I decided to make a db I wanted to use the authentication system of the forum, so it would only be one login to remember instead of 2. The forum is buried in a forum directory now and nobody uses it except for maybe chatting sometimes. It's just for the login, which can be traditional or one-click facebook signin.
Phew! Glad to hear that!

I've been using it a bit today and have 1 suggestion: when you click on a pin after having searched, it would be awesome to be able to click a next link, or a previous link, to travel through the search results. If that exists and I missed it, apologize!

If I could make a suggestion, there seems to be a lot of people adding pins (yay) but the pictures are well, crappy. Maybe people could fix the coloring in their pictures?

If I could make a suggestion, there seems to be a lot of people adding pins (yay) but the pictures are well, crappy. Maybe people could fix the coloring in their pictures?
Which pins? Any of ours? We've been trying really hard to get good pictures and it's taken a LONG time and we're not even close to done with our collection. Hopefully you're not referring to our haha.

Which pins? Any of ours? We've been trying really hard to get good pictures and it's taken a LONG time and we're not even close to done with our collection. Hopefully you're not referring to our haha.

LOL. Hopefully not mine either. I take mine on two different backgrounds. Wood (dining table/coffee table/nightstand/etc) or black (pin card, pin book, or couch).

LOL. Hopefully not mine either. I take mine on two different backgrounds. Wood (dining table/coffee table/nightstand/etc) or black (pin card, pin book, or couch).
Yeah, it's not easy! We are not photographers, which adds to the time and frustration of doing this haha.

Btw, thanks for adding the pics of those 4 pins for C&C we were missing Starry_solo! The only ones we have left to find so we didn't have them to take pictures :)

We passed 1000 pins today! Thanks everyone who has contributed. I think speezard and starry's pics have been pretty great. As for the subpar pics, each pin is allowed to have more pics associated with it so if you can get a better one please upload it and then upvote it to the front.

The contest is gaining momentum with over 100 entries now. Keep marking traders/sales for more entries.

Today's new feature is displaying pins from the same release on a pin's page.

We passed 1000 pins today! Thanks everyone who has contributed. I think speezard and starry's pics have been pretty great. As for the subpar pics, each pin is allowed to have more pics associated with it so if you can get a better one please upload it and then upvote it to the front.

The contest is gaining momentum with over 100 entries now. Keep marking traders/sales for more entries.

Today's new feature is displaying pins from the same release on a pin's page.

I uploaded pin 1,001, yay! :p I spent yesterday afternoon taking pictures of most of my pins with my beloved's phone as the camera is better than the one on mine. I will upload them throughout the week.

I noticed the feature of displaying pins from the same release, I think it's great!

One little request - in our profile, or somewhere like that, can there be a link to view all the pins we've uploaded? I'd like to have all the ones I've uploaded in one list so that I can update info as I find it out/add better pictures. At the moment I have to sift through all the pins to find the ones I put up, it would just be much easier if there were a list. Plus, if that were available on other people's profiles then that might be useful too - if I really liked their pictures, for example, they would all be there for me to go through and vote for. I don't know if that makes sense as a request, but hopefully it does! I just think it would be useful :)

One little request - in our profile, or somewhere like that, can there be a link to view all the pins we've uploaded? I'd like to have all the ones I've uploaded in one list so that I can update info as I find it out/add better pictures. At the moment I have to sift through all the pins to find the ones I put up, it would just be much easier if there were a list. Plus, if that were available on other people's profiles then that might be useful too - if I really liked their pictures, for example, they would all be there for me to go through and vote for. I don't know if that makes sense as a request, but hopefully it does! I just think it would be useful :)

This is a great idea!

Ok..... I must be a complete idiot. I was trying to add a pin. I added the info just fine. However when uploading the pic from my phone, I get to the part where you want us to crop it for thumb nail pic. I can't get the dotted box thing to extend around the entire image. Every time I think I've almost got it done then it disappears when I try to extend it a little more. Any ideas or help for me. I think the pin is added but the picture is not yet. It should be the first one in the pin list with the add pic box. Help????

Ok..... I must be a complete idiot. I was trying to add a pin. I added the info just fine. However when uploading the pic from my phone, I get to the part where you want us to crop it for thumb nail pic. I can't get the dotted box thing to extend around the entire image. Every time I think I've almost got it done then it disappears when I try to extend it a little more. Any ideas or help for me. I think the pin is added but the picture is not yet. It should be the first one in the pin list with the add pic box. Help????

It might just be your phone unfortunately.

There should be two boxes, one to crop the image for the whole pin, the second is the thumbnail image and you can only crop it as a square which might not cover the whole image.

Selecting both crops is necessary. It is a little hard on a phone. Don't try to grab the corners after youve made the box - instead, make the box the right size in one try by guessing how much you missed (right/left, up/down) when you start the box, and compensate for that where you end the box. After that, moving the box where it belongs should be doable on a phone.

This is a great idea!

Ooo yes this would be nice! I want to go through and add photos of back of my pins and as new features get added (like more categories and such) it would be easier to have them all available.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned and I missed it or added since I last uploaded pins but, could we add:

Glitter as an option along with all the other extras of jewels, silk screening, etc.?
Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, 101 Dalmatians as categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back