• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PTDB Redesign Live! Ariel PTD Giveaway - 2 days left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PTDB Redesign Live! Ariel PTD Giveaway - 2 days left!
I did notice a few duplicate entries so maybe there will be a way to delete duplicate entries of pins?

I went and signed up today through my facebook. Now my username is my full name as it's listed on facebook. I would much rather it be my username that I have here and on all the other pin sites for uniformity and ease to find. Is there a way to change this?

Ooo yes this would be nice! I want to go through and add photos of back of my pins and as new features get added (like more categories and such) it would be easier to have them all available.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned and I missed it or added since I last uploaded pins but, could we add:

Glitter as an option along with all the other extras of jewels, silk screening, etc.?
Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, 101 Dalmatians as categories

Glad to hear other people want that option too :).

Seconding the glitter option. Also, on film categories - Oliver and Company and Emperor's New Groove. Most of the pins I've added so far have been from those movies :p.

-I have added 3 links to user profiles:
Pins Created By User
Pins With Top Pic By User
Pins With Any Pic By User

-I've also added categories for glitter, framed/boxed, SitS, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians

-We will soon have a beautiful site redesign by the incomparable CourtneyJean

-We are looking for a few more dedicated mods. PM or meet me in chat to discuss.

Last edited:
-I have added 3 links to user profiles:
Pins Created By User
Pins With Top Pic By User
Pins With Any Pic By User

-I've also added categories for glitter, framed/boxed, SitS, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians

-We will soon have a beautiful site redesign by the incomparable CourtneyJean

-We are looking for a few more dedicated mods. PM or meet me in chat to discuss.

Thank you! I will be making use of those links :).

Yay for a re-design, I'm sure it will look beautiful!

I may be able to mod, if you want someone in the UK so that you're covering different timezones. I'm online pretty much every day before work/during lunchtime/after work and for a good chunk of the weekend (yeah, I don't have much of a social life...). Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
Hello I am enjoying your new database. I have been adding my traders. Some categories needed would be tinker bell and peterpan. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions and kind words. We are working on a better usage of categories. I want to thank everyone who has been uploading pins, we just passed 1350, with a particular mention of TinkerKeeks who uploaded like 100 in one day, which I believe is a new world record.

Also I was thinking (and people please chime in on if you feel the same way or I am alone in this), generally things have been divided into 'Traders' and 'Keepers'. But I always feel like I need a 3rd category. Like, Traders, Collection, Keepers. I have things in my collection I'm not actively trading so I don't consider them traders, they are part of my collection, however if the right grail came along I would definitely trade them. My keepers however, are special pins that are just off limits. Anyone else feel this way?

I'd love to be able to 'star' pins. So any pin in my collection (not traders but my haves) that has a star or some other visual thing (like a yellow box around it or something) is a keeper keeper, meaning I just won't trade it don't even bother asking. If it is in my haves but doesn't have a star that means it isn't a trader it is part of my collection, however for the right grail/pin I would part with it. When people do searches for trades, they can browse traders as usual but also browse 'un-starred haves' to know ok, that member has the pin I wants and might trade it if I have something really spectacular they want.

What do you all think?

Just created an account and will add a bunch of pins on this coming weekend of me (Next Thursday/Friday!) I kinda already have plans this weekend :)

I think having owns, trades, wants is enough. Owns are pins you want to keep, trades are pins you're willing to trade if the right trade came along, wants are pins you want.

i don't think there is a need to separate out owns into two categories: pins you will keep forever and those that you're willing to trade away if the right offer came along,

Also, could we add a feature where we can delete the pins we created? I created a group of pins I was waiting to add pictures to for when they arrive in the mail, just searched today and apparently another person added those SAME pins. I can't delete the ones I added. It is frustrating though because if you search the pin title both of ours come up so clearly the person didn't search their pin first and just added them. As the pin database grows I think everyone should be searching (a few variations even) the pin they plan to upload or there are going to start being a ton a duplicates, which is confusing to users and more work for the admins who have to find and delete duplicates.

Especially since there are a lot of Add Pic pins up right now. I think people are uploading the pins they have and planning to add photos later, or they have a pin from a set and are uploading the entire series for consistency hoping others will add the photos of the pins they are missing. I think that is a great strategy since it adds to continuity of having the series grouped, but I think it won't work if people don't search their pin first.

Last edited:
Love the new look.

I really like on the "wants" how you can prioritize how much you want something.

I'm thinking like Persinette, it would be nice to have the same ranking system for traders...ie, Def trade, to "trade for grail" or something like that. I have lots of pins in my list that are non keepers at all, and some I'd only trade for "desperate wanted" pins.

Hopefully I can contribute a few pics later this week...

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I seem to be "Upload Pic" illiterate. I get the thumbnail. But the main pic is a black block.

I'm no longer getting images on the site, not on the pin list and not in my profile. Any help?

EDIT: ok, I can get the images if I use a different server. Weird. Used to work from my main server.

Last edited:
I'm embarrassed to say this, but I seem to be "Upload Pic" illiterate. I get the thumbnail. But the main pic is a black block.

It wasn't your fault at all! We had a hiccup in the cropping during the site redesign and i ruined everything for a little while. Sorry about that, please try again.

Site redesign is LIVE! Any feedback is appreciated.

2260 pins and counting!

Only 2 days left to enter the Ariel PTD giveaway by listing your traders. Only about 300 entries so far so you have a decent chance to win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back