• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Series discussion #1: Windows to the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Series discussion #1: Windows to the Magic

Psycho Pixie

Vacations are a grand thing
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
This series appears to be finishing this year. No continuation... Sad Pixie, I loved this series!
Next Release Sleeping Beauty!
Comm-22-500x290.jpg

Lets talk about this one.... Thoughts? cute or ugly? scary or funny? Free-D???? take it or leave it?

Lets discuss this series. These DLR/DCA Exclusive LE 1000 pins are new for the year 2013. Every month they release a new one. If you find out info on specific ones, locate errors in this info, and if you find a PIN with an error on it lets chat about it! Heck, if you find an error pin post an image!

Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions? wish list?

Here the pins that have released or been announced for new future releases. I include a pinpics link on the image, and some tidbits of info about them.
  1. Pin #94204. Peter Pan. Released in January. the first in this series. It does not have a hinge, it does not open. It is a pin on pin element though. ((There are also AP versions out there. Those got snagged by someone in china from the factory somehow. They are out there, they are excellent. I have an AP version i accidentally bought off eBay. **see discussion of this pin in replies below.**))
  2. Pin #94476 Pinocchio. Released in February. The first hinged window in the series. It is a very cute pin! Featuring jiminy cricket and the Star inside.
  3. Pin # 95374 Dumbo. Released in March. Dumbo is pin on pin. the brick is the rubber 3D stuff. The first in the series with rubber elements. I was not a fan of this one personally. I think they could have done a much better job.
  4. Pin #94850 101 dalmatians. Released in April. Pin on pin, no hinges. One of the biggest and prettier of the series to date. the stained glass element is lovely! ((same seller on eBay was selling these before release, no confirmation yet if they have the AP stamps or not... YET))
  5. Pin #95599 Finding Nemo. Released in May. The second in the series with a hinged window. I think it is very nice. It is a large pin too.
  6. Pin 96264 Cinderella. released in June. The first of what many hope will be lots of princesses for this series. Pin on pin, no hinges. Very nice in person. I like this pin very much.
  7. pin96663th72
    Pin #96663 Alice in Wonderland. Released July 25th. This pin is somewhat of a disappointment to those who have seen it on the preview boards. It features Alice inside of the white rabbits house. The entire yellow thatch roof is rubber element and her hands look deformed as they emerge from the top. The window with her eyes is a spinner feature. going from eyes to closed window.
  8. Pin # 97469 Beauty and the Beast. Releasing August 22. Likely the most anticipated pin for the series so far. This pin is a knockout home-run from Disney's pin designers. . This pin appears to have the stained glass element. The frame is again, the rubber stuff. The stained glass features Belle in her yellow dress dancing with human beast. Like the Stained glass window in the movie. The image says le2000. but the series thus far has been 1000.
  9. pin97758th72
    Pin # 97758 Snow White set to release on September 26th.
    This pin appears to be a pin on pin element. Snow white in the cottage window with the Hag holding up an apple as the top pin. Errors have been found, at least one legit from DLR purchased pin snow White has a black arm. haha!
  10. 400007806207-120x120.jpg
    Octobers WttM is Nightmare before christmas.
    released on October 17th. this cute pin is a nice addition to the series. sold out in about 3 days i believe.
  11. 400007806191.1-120x120.jpg
    November WttM is RAPUNZEL
    released november 28th. thanksgiving day. Sold out by 9:30am. New art and new pose for this character! She is standing in her tower window, hand on hip and pascal by the flower pots. Her hair is dangling, Hair is a pin on pin element.
  12. Comm-22-120x120.jpg
    December WttM is going to be sleeping Beauty
    releasing December 26th according to ODPT Image available on reply #98 of this thread! Free D rubber framing like the BatB one. very nice looking.

Heres a pic of Jan-September together for you:
1382081_10202041302776753_1779061218_n.jpg

Last edited:
I like the concept! We definitely need Alice and the BatB one for our collections. :)

I think they have all been done really well thus far, but I do agree with you that the Alice one looks a bit off. The pin appears to be a bit awkward looking if you ask me. I can't wait to see the BaTB one though. I will be watching this thread to see the update.

The moment I saw the Peter Pan one about one month before release being sold from Hong Kong w/o a card, I divorced this series.

I still see the same seller selling AP version of Peter Pan every now and then. I also saw many Dalmatians before release from the same Hong Kong seller. For me, the credibility of this series is questionable at best. Too bad, because it is a neat idea.

They could do something SO pretty with Aladdin's view of the palace or Jasmine's balcony window for Aladdin!!! ;~;

Also, they could do a BEAUTIFUL Mulan pin where she sees her parents' silhouettes in the window before she cuts her hair off! So many possibilities for my collections LOL! The Cinderella one looks very pretty! :)

I like the series idea, but the two that are things I collect were both disappointing. :( The Alice pin you've already mentioned... the Cinderella pin, I think her facial expression looks exactly like she is about to EAT Jaq and Gus!

The moment I saw the Peter Pan one about one month before release being sold from Hong Kong w/o a card, I divorced this series.

I still see the same seller selling AP version of Peter Pan every now and then. I also saw many Dalmatians before release from the same Hong Kong seller. For me, the credibility of this series is questionable at best. Too bad, because it is a neat idea.

Bingo. They will never reach their potential because of the questionable pins coming out of Asia. Laura got me the Dumbo, and I'm going to try to get the Alice and BatB one through another trusted friend, but otherwise, any interest in collecting the series as a whole, went right out...well, the window!

i was doubtful about it too when I saw the early sales. However i did actually end up buying one from that seller by accident.... didnt realize who it was until the sale completed because i am a doofus right?

So, Here is the thing... Those Peterpan A.P. pins they were selling. Are exceptional. The one I got was not remotly a counterfeit or a scrapped pin. I am keeping it. it is perfect. Clean, no underfill, correct backstamping. They are identical except for the AP stamp.

To this side is the disney purchased pin. To the other side is the eBay AP.
1011184_10201297653145977_1868757460_n.jpg

again, this edge is the disney purchase.
1016777_10201297653625989_1787679272_n.jpg

The lighting kinda sucks, i took this with my phone in the kitchen. I can have hubby take better images if you guys want.

OH! edit: looking at the images, the metal color looks different but it is not. the light just reflected a bit different because I was blocking the sun from the window with my body as i took the pics.

Last edited:
So, Here is the thing... Those Peterpan A.P. pins they were selling. Are exceptional. The one I got was not remotly a counterfeit or a scrapped pin. I am keeping it. it is perfect. Clean, no underfill, correct backstamping. They are identical except for the AP stamp.

You're assuming a scrapped pin has something wrong with it. I don't know how many pins get made in the process of creating a run of 1000 pins. Maybe it's 1200, maybe it's more, maybe it's less. But it is going to be some number above 1000, to account for calibrating the production line. Some early on may be damaged or not as clean cuts or whatever. But the 1021st pin off the line that doesn't need to go to Disney because they already reached 1000 acceptable pins, or the -1 pin (the one right they decide the line is correctly making pins), will probably look just as good as pin 542. But pin 1021 or pin -1 are not authorized for sale. They taint the entire production because now instead of the 1000 pins Disney gets, plus the 10 APs or whatever number Disney takes possession of, are now not all the pins that are in the marketplace. The factory was not authorized to sell it, and if that no longer matters and it's now considered an "authentic" pin...blood boiling.

It's a fine series. I know some people collecting the series for which I got them pins from DLR at retail + tax + shipping.

The only one I will be getting for myself (well, a friend will) to keep is Beauty & the Beast. If they come out with a Mulan, I will have him get it too. If they come out with Tangled, well, I guess I'll be taking the day off work (at least the morning) and going to DTD to get it myself.

How many AP s of this can be out there? That guy actually sold at least 20 so far, and there are others who sell it from abroad without claiming AP. So I am guessing that there are close to 1100 Peter Pan pins out there and it is not LE 1000 as Disney inteded.

Same thing goes for Dalmatians as well.

One of those HK sellers (an icy cold seller .. hint hint) has sold 9 of them in multi-listings and there is 1 more in his store. His feedbacks are all private, which means we will have no way of knowing how many of what he actually sold unless we take real time screen-shots of his auctions ... Insert Sweet Brown here .. LOL ...

I also know that I have seen him selling Pinocchio, Dumbo & Nemo. So, I can safely say that this series is no more LE 1000.

Last edited:
You're assuming a scrapped pin has something wrong with it. I don't know how many pins get made in the process of creating a run of 1000 pins. Maybe it's 1200, maybe it's more, maybe it's less. But it is going to be some number above 1000, to account for calibrating the production line. Some early on may be damaged or not as clean cuts or whatever. But the 1021st pin off the line that doesn't need to go to Disney because they already reached 1000 acceptable pins, or the -1 pin (the one right they decide the line is correctly making pins), will probably look just as good as pin 542. But pin 1021 or pin -1 are not authorized for sale. They taint the entire production because now instead of the 1000 pins Disney gets, plus the 10 APs or whatever number Disney takes possession of, are now not all the pins that are in the marketplace. The factory was not authorized to sell it, and if that no longer matters and it's now considered an "authentic" pin...blood boiling.

My AP that i purchased wont be leaving my collection. Precisely because of that concern. Because it has the AP stamp, any Peter Pan WttM pin with an AP stamp will forever be suspect. Even if they pull some out for the Cast lanyards for special events, people will never believe that the pin someone gets that night is from disney, not from that seller on the bay.

To know how many AP's of this pin were made we would need to find someone in Disney to confirm, and then locate all AP's, plus find out where they were gotten from. For all we know there were 2, 10 or even 15 AP's made. We dont know the exact number. which sucks too!!! Perhaps that is something to start working on? Locating all AP pins so we can put edition sizes on those little buggers.

I dont know yet about the dalmatian ones. I have yet to see one, and am actually considering trying to get my hands on one just to find out. I do not think we as traders should write off the whole series because some guy stole the AP's from the factory or main office in China. As far as I know, so far, they have only sold the AP's, which at least can be identified as different from the ones in the parks.

My observation of the pins stands though... it is absolutly perfect in comparison to the Disney bought one. As to the assumption that a scrapped pin may or may not have flaws, i see your point, but if thats the case, there may be tonns of pins out there without scrapper warnings that should. Generally speaking a scrap pin does have a flaw. and a counterfeit pin usually has a difference in weight, color or quality.

I really appriciate all the discussion regarding this pin from this series. It is perfect for this thread topic. **editing the OP to reflect a slight change in how the AP is mentioned.**

There are 3 sellers I am aware of. One of them stopped selling lately. One of them is the no1 person from China ... another hint .. LOL ... and the other one is the icy guy from Hong Kong. The no1 guy was selling Dalmatians way before they came out.

This series is pretty but as a tween with no income, it's hard to collect.

Cinderelly is the first princess in this series and not the last (can't wait til Belle shows up in August - I'll have to plead with mom to buy it!)

There are 3 sellers I am aware of. One of them stopped selling lately. One of them is the no1 person from China ... another hint .. LOL ... and the other one is the icy guy from Hong Kong. The no1 guy was selling Dalmatians way before they came out.

I got my AP from the "Hot" guy... not the icey guy. lol however, the ID's are veeeeeery similar, with multiple A's in them. and is the icey guy the one who stopped selling recently? hmmmmmm

I thought about collecting this series when they came out with the Dalmatians pin. If they come out with The Lion King, Princess and the Frog, The Little Mermaid or Nightmare Before Christmas then I'll at least definitely be getting those and then maybe try to get the others from trusted people.

I got my AP from the "Hot" guy... not the icey guy. lol however, the ID's are veeeeeery similar, with multiple A's in them. and is the icey guy the one who stopped selling recently? hmmmmmm

Nope. The hot guy stopped selling. The "hot" guy listed also Tiki room anniversary event pins aometime last month .. LOL ...

i wonder about the "aa" in their names too, but I always thought maybe it is translation of some letter from Chinese w/o an appropriate sound in English.

The icy guy still sells, you also find occasional DSF Valentine from 2012 (the LE 150 set) in is store in quantities of 2 listings :(

I love this series. Have all except dumbo and Pinocchio (if anyone wants to trade for them have a look at my traders please). The dumbo one scares me a little. Of all the scenes...

I've only purchased the Dalmatians one so far because it's the only one that's caught my eye but I think this series has so much potential...I think that if they start coming out with nicer ones then the series may shoot up in popularity but again I haven't been too impressed so far. ...

i love the 101 Dalmatian pin, it's in my collection and it's just so pretty! I would love to see Lady & the Tramp, Robin Hood (a Maid Marian pin!), The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty (either in the tower, or the peasant wand scene). :)
I haven't liked all the pins from the set, but I like the concept as a whole.

:facepalm: fixing now. lol

Sorry to be picky here ... Even though the pin pics number is higher, the Dumbo was actually released in March and the 101 Dalmations was in in April

Pin 95374: DLR - Window to the Magic - Dumbo
Class:Disney Pins
Origin:Disneyland/DCA USA
Type:Public
Limited Edition:1000 Pins
SKU Number:400007216563
Original Price:$13.95
Released:March 28, 2013

Pin 94850: DLR - Window to the Magic - 101 Dalmatians
Class:Disney Pins
Origin:Disneyland/DCA USA
Type:Public