• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Series discussion #1: Windows to the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Series discussion #1: Windows to the Magic
These pins are disappointing and whoever designed them didn't feel it was necessary to excercise their imagination at all. At $13.95 (now $14.95), all the pins should have some kind of hinged element that opens up to something really "magical" instead of a pin-on-pin element. And the pins that are hinged? Well, the magic just isn't there when opened. "This is the best series EVER!!" said no one ever.

Was this thread created to defer the hype from PTDs to the current crop of POMs?

Was this thread created to defer the hype from PTDs to the current crop of POMs?

No. It is the first in what will be a group of threads discussing different pin Series. I felt it was a good starter for the series I am going to do because it has so many various elements, different movies, potential, and of course frustration due to the china dealers. It covers all the bases for a good discussion.

I am debating what series and when to start the next one. Any suggestions?

a quick note... While I think they could have done a better job.. So far my personal opinion is that this series is a winner. Not OMG! MUST have!!!!!! winner.. But definately a better series than some of the other failed attempts out there.

So yeah, I agree... NOT the best series ever. But it certainly has promise.

I am debating what series and when to start the next one. Any suggestions?

What about the current CM "Gothic D" Series. I'd like to hear first hand accounts, because I have a feeling that the pictures don't do them justice. There's only been the 2 so far, since they are bi-monthly, but I bet the third will be coming out soon. Or maybe it's quarterly.

Last edited:
What about the current CM "Gothic D" Series. I'd like to hear first hand accounts, because I have a feeling that the pictures don't do them justice. There's only been the 2 so far, since they are bi-monthly, but I bet the third will be coming out soon. Or maybe it's quarterly.

this series?
pin96623th72

it is on my list of potentials for this series of threads for sure. With only 2 released it might not be ready for a full blown thread. I could do a combo thread, maybe do the surprise villains from last year and these that appear to have replaced them. Hmmmmmm....

What do folks WANT to see in the WttM future releases? What one would you go GaGa over?

That's the surprise release pins. I'm talking about

Oh, the third one is on Pinpics, but no picture. Red Car Trolley releasing on DL's birthday.

Some Possibilities?

Snow White baking inside window as the old hag creeps inside
Ariel inside Eric’s Castle looking out of window
Briar Rose in window inside the cottage
Aladdin and Abu looking out at the palace
Jasmine looking out of window of palace
Rapunzel and Pascal looking out of window at the floating lanterns
Carl and Russell looking out of window at Paradise Falls
Tiana and Charlotte as girls looking out window at the wishing star
:) Just some ideas!

I think this could turn into a really nice series :). I absolutely love the 101 Dalmatians pin and I think the Finding Nemo pin is really cute too. I would go gaga over a Wreck-it Ralph one, although I'm not sure what it would look like XD.

I like the concept of this set, thought the only ones I honestly want for my collection are Peter Pan, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.

I think this could turn into a really nice series :). I absolutely love the 101 Dalmatians pin and I think the Finding Nemo pin is really cute too. I would go gaga over a Wreck-it Ralph one, although I'm not sure what it would look like XD.

Hmmm WiR. Perhaps one of Fix it Felix fixing a broken window????

I still wonder what the last pin is going to be. NBC would make sense for October.

This may be a multi year series. No one can say if it will finish in December. Unless i missed something Disney stated when the series was started?

Some Possibilities?

Snow White baking inside window as the old hag creeps inside
Ariel inside Eric’s Castle looking out of window
Briar Rose in window inside the cottage
Aladdin and Abu looking out at the palace
Jasmine looking out of window of palace
Rapunzel and Pascal looking out of window at the floating lanterns
Carl and Russell looking out of window at Paradise Falls
Tiana and Charlotte as girls looking out window at the wishing star
:) Just some ideas!

Simba looking into the gazing pool at Mufasa...

ohhhh...

vI think the snow white in the cottage window would be a smashing hit!
Simba in the mirrored pond, very cool idea!!!
hatbox, great thought sherry!!

Cant wait to see what is releasing in august!

I wish she had her legs out too, I think this one looks odd. Isn't there a similar pin with her legs out? I love the house in that scene, I would have liked something unexpected like her inside seeing the rabbit come home through the window.

I just received my Cinderella WTM pin (thank you Psycho Pixie ^^) and here are my thoughts:

I love that it is fairly film accurate, I actually checked my blu-ray (then ended up watching the whole movie) to make sure the curtains and window were close.

Cinderella herself is pretty good, hair looks to be the correct color and outfit too, but her lips are a little... huge. I don't think it is a deal breaker, but they seem too full for her face. Cindy got some "work" done it appears.

The quality of the castle image is clearly pixelated, but I do not own any other pin with this type of image so that may be normal.

Overall I am very satisfied, and hope to grab a few more in this series. I would love to hear other's thoughts of the pins they already have (particularly the 101 Dalmatians pin).

Last edited:
I would freak out if they did something with Ariel and Eric or even something involving the shell that takes Ariel's voice would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back