• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
Haha I have got to say this site is no good for anyone trying to save money as I'm always seeing new things I want after visiting the site. And yes atleast you will have more money for dolls which is always good! Thankfully I have never collected pins but this site does tempt me but so far have manged to resist and just collect dolls.

Haha I have got to say this site is no good for anyone trying to save money as I'm always seeing new things I want after visiting the site. And yes atleast you will have more money for dolls which is always good! Thankfully I have never collected pins but this site does tempt me but so far have manged to resist and just collect dolls.

Lol that is good. For your sake I urge you not to start collecting pins because it is very addictive and you can ask anyone on the forum but they are like Pringle. Once you start you can't stop lol. They are pretty but trying to collect them can be more expensive and even harder than trying to collect the dolls.

On that note I do prefer the LE dolls over the pins and cannot wait for these Sleeping Beauty ones to come out. Only have a it over a month wait left to go so it is getting very exciting.

Some of the pins are gorgeous though but I will stick to the dolls as they are stressful enough lol. Very exciting waiting for the Sleeping beauty dolls! Just can't wait to see the first images.

auroradesignsvsauroramug_zpsf16d6fc1.png

Actually, I think the Aurora mug art looks a lot like some of Aurora's sketches/designs.

The Aurora mug looks like it was designed by Steve Thompson. It's in his style. I'm guessing Maleficent was as well.

There's a Disney toy preview going on next tuesday, it's highly likely that we're gonna get images of the Sleeping Beauty merch, and maybe the designer fairytales.
Wouldn't it be amazing if we got the first image of 17" Aurora then?

What do you guys think the animators' set for Aurora will look like?

I think she'll be in her briar rose dress with plush sets of the rabbits, birds, squirrel, and owl.

I think she'll be in her briar rose dress with plush sets of the rabbits, birds, squirrel, and owl.

By Animator's set, do you mean a new release of the toddler Aurora animators doll? I would love a new one with all of that.

I think they do mean a new toddler Aurora, kind of like how last year they released the Ariel In the bath tub. I would love your idea for a new animators doll, she could have the little basket.

This forum is the worst when one is trying to save money! :p And you are quite smart (financially) to not get sucked into pin collecting. It is a very dangerous slippery-slope into spending way more then one ought to do! Also, there are just so many pins out there to tempt us. Stay wise; stay away from pins! :)

Just recieved the blu ray for Sleeping beauty because the only other copy I have is the Platinum dvd and I wanted a blu ray version. I love the art work with Maleficent and Briar Rose. From my understanding the Us will get Aurora in pink on the cover.

Got to say I love the art work and the picture quality on the blu ray is stunning but why does it have the same trailers from the platinum! Advertising princess and the frog at Cinemas and Pinocchio on platinum dvd lol You would have thought they could put new trailers on this one.
Also what's with the title screen! It's sleeping beauty's castle with snow falling down and the sound of wind and jingling bells:s why would sleeping beauty have a winter themed title screen haha.

They did the same thing with The Hunchback's bluray.
It was old trailers from years ago, I was really confused at first. I got a good laugh from seeing all the old trailers.
I hoping Disney isn't getting lazy with making their new blurays.

That would be too cute. It would could also be nice if they something like the blue dress with a second option, and a spinning wheel. Similar to Cinderella.

14459592693_486d9d7d87_o.jpg

I wanted to share this image that I found on Flickr [x] The Sleeping Beauty Mini Doll Set. I for one love Phillip in his forest outfit!

I'm really looking forward to Sleeping Beauty merchandise - I hope the UK gets it too.

For the 17" Aurora I really hope she's not the redesign, as she needs her classic bangs. I really disliked the 17" Cinderella, she looked like a knock-off Barbie IMO.

14459592693_486d9d7d87_o.jpg

I wanted to share this image that I found on Flickr [x] The Sleeping Beauty Mini Doll Set. I for one love Phillip in his forest outfit!

I've seen this pic on ebay a few days ago...
Seems like they are sloooooowly making all the mini princes, too. I'm a llittle obsessed with these mini dolls. :D Philip looks really nice but he's missing his cape and hat. Maybe they are still somewhere in the forest.

Last edited:
Just recieved the blu ray for Sleeping beauty because the only other copy I have is the Platinum dvd and I wanted a blu ray version. I love the art work with Maleficent and Briar Rose. From my understanding the Us will get Aurora in pink on the cover.

Got to say I love the art work and the picture quality on the blu ray is stunning but why does it have the same trailers from the platinum! Advertising princess and the frog at Cinemas and Pinocchio on platinum dvd lol You would have thought they could put new trailers on this one.
Also what's with the title screen! It's sleeping beauty's castle with snow falling down and the sound of wind and jingling bells:s why would sleeping beauty have a winter themed title screen haha.
this reminds me of the older sleeping beauty blu ray where the weather on the title page was supposed to match your local weather if you were connected up to bd live?? i cant remember exactly, mine never worked i dont think you can connect in the uk, but i think it shows different weather every time i go in, i wonder if this was supposed to be the same? and im guessing it still doesnt work here, which sucks, unless you live up a massive mountain and its snowing in june hehe! the question game with maleficent was BRILLIANT though!!

What's the question game with Maleficent? I haven't checked out the special features yet so it might be on there. Yeah no idea what the title screen is supposed to be. I thought maybe it could be the fairies dust putting everyone to sleep like in the movie but it looks like snow and not magic lol.
Would have thought the Maleficent movie trailer would have been on the blu ray.

I'm pretty pleased to see that with Sleeping Beauty being released later this year the Disney Store has chosen to put Aurora on her own backpacks and other supplies as opposed to the usual Ariel alternative :>

I saw them yesterday while visiting a Disney Store outlet in Pennsylvania which means the US is definitely getting them. Was surprised to already see them in stores. The also had the Maleficent and dragon Maleficent.

I just got back from my local Joann's today and they had a lot of new Sleeping Beauty blankets and pillows and fabric. They had some soft fabric of Aurora, fabric of Aurora in her princess look and as Briar Rose, and some cool Maleficent dragon material. I picked up this Briar Rose fleece blanket kit though and I'm so excited to have a Briar Rose blanket. All of it was 50% off today too.

314te1f.jpg

I can't wait to make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back