• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Disney Pin Forum's Goofy Pin Giveaway!

We hope everyone has had a great start to the new year. One month down, 11 more to go. So let's help pass a little bit of that time with another giveaway! DPF is proud to announce:

billgiveaway.jpg

This time, we're giving away a Goofy ID badge pin from the Disney Employee Center. (Pin Pics #74340) What makes it extra special, though, is that it's signed by Bill Farmer, the voice of Goofy! We had the opportunity to meet Mr. Farmer at the recent Disneyana Fan Club Show and Sale. We let him know about DPF and he agreed to sign a pin that we could give away to our members.

What do you have to do to win it? Easy, we just want you to share your earliest Disney memory. Maybe your earliest Disney memory was your first trip to one of the parks or seeing a movie or cartoon. Maybe it was hearing a Disney song or owning a Disney coloring book. Or maybe, if you're like me, your first pair of shoes had Mickey Mouse on them AND they squeaked! Whatever it was, post your earliest Disney-related memory in this thread to enter. It will be fun to see how Disney first became part of everyone's lives. :)

Also, as in our previous contests, you need a minimum post count of 25 by the time the entry period ends, after which we will be randomly selecting one (1) winner. The winner will receive one (1) signed Goofy ID badge pin. This contest ends 11:59 PM PST February 7, 2011. Got all that? Here's a breakdown on how to enter:

The Rules

• Each contestant must post in this thread their earliest Disney-related memory.
  • Each contestant must have a minimum total post count of 25 by the end of the entry period.
  • Disney Pin Forum staff members are not eligible for this contest.
That's it! Simple, eh? Remember, only one entry per person. One (1) winner will be randomly selected from a list of all qualifying contestants and will be announced within a few days after February 7, 2011. That lucky one could be you!

Remember, along with your earliest Disney memory, you need a minimum overall post count of 25 by the time the contest period ends. Those posts could be in different threads or they could even be all in this thread! List the alphabet, count to 25, we just want you posting! But while you're at it, why don't you engage in other threads other members have started or even start your own! ;)

These rules are, of course, subject to change, but we're pretty sure we've covered everything.

We look forward to everyone sharing their Disney memories. A big thank you, as always, to all our members for supporting DPF and the Disney pin trading and collecting community. Thanks for participating and good luck! It's time for February!

How cool! I would have to say one of my earliest Disney memories is when the Little Mermaid first came out and I would watch it over and over and over and pretend I was ariel and act out the movie as it was playing :) I was such a goober!

My earliest Disney memory would be going to the El Capitan Theater to see Hercules. :)

I went with my girl scout troop at the time, and I vividly remember all the fun activities they had after the movie! Learning how to draw the characters were my favorite, I think I stayed in that little area for like 30 minutes. It was soo cool. I think that is why Hercules is still one of my favorite movies. LOL

Btw, awesome giveaway! I love DPF. You guys are the best!

Sadly, my earliest Disney memory was choking on green beans with almond slivers as a 4 year old in Cinderella's Castle. :( I was traumatized, but my parents said the staff responded very promptly and professionally. I've had MANY MANY great memories since, but that's the earliest I can remember.

Earliest Disney memory would be from approx 1966/67. My family took the short drive from Whittier to DLR for a day at the park. It was my first time I can remember the Tiki Room attraction. I remember my older brother Mike acting real "important" because one of the stars of the show was Michael and their was no Dimitri bird in the show. The next thing I remember was sticking my finger inside the mouth of one of the chanting Tiki's on the "poles" It scared the daylights out of me and as a child the only thing I could do was cry like only a little kid could. Still a happy memory to this day for me.

Dimitri

My earliest Disney memory was when i came here to the US in vacation to go to disney, and we (family and I) stayed in miami for 4 days then we went to orlando and i went to downtown disney that day, the next day i was going to go to disney world for the first time when i was just 8 years old, but back in my home country my uncle sadly was murder and we had to all go back the next day, i was just a kid and i really just wanted to go to disney, and well i couldn't when i was so close, so i had to wait till i was 14 years old, but hey, now i go almost every weekend, so that will be my earliest disney memory. :)

I have to say our families first memory is:
When we took the boys(Andy 7)and Robbie(5)at the time..WDW was celebrating 25 years
The castle was made up like a CAKE(Which I loved)by the way...We went around the corner on main street
and the boys saw the castle and started crying...as they never saw anything so big in their life
I was in tears,as it was our first REAL vacation as a family

Judy

Last edited:
O I have another pretty good one! and it is probably earlier then the first one I posted. I was really little like 3ish and we went to disneyworld. There are two things I really remember from that trip. One: Sitting on my dad's shoulders watching a show infront of the castle and princess and their princes were dancing around, so cool! And the second: Going into the haunted mansion, in the entrance when it gets pitch black and I was so scared and I remember crying and telling my mom "Next time I'm bringing a flashlitght!"

My earliest memory was at WDW in 1979, my Grandfather was still alive but in his Wheelchair.
It was raining but I HAD to ride Dumbo. My mom gladly went on with me. then we rode Mr toad again and again as there was no line and it was dry.
I remember my uncle wanted a beer in the worst way. at 5 I did not understand that though.
(same uncle that at Busch Gardens spent teh entire day running back and forth from Crown colony and Bird gardens hospitality houses for free beers)
Funny what you remember from a young age.

My parents took me to WDW when I was pretty young, probably only 3 or 4. I remember thinking how cool it was to see the monorail go right through the middle of the Contemporary.

My first Disney memory would have to be when I was about 13 years old, and Disney World was in it's earliest years (then it was known as Magic Kingdom). I drove with my family and by friend's family all the way down from Philly, and mostly the rides I remember most like Skyway, Mr. Toad's are no longer there. It was the best vacation I had been on to that point, but didn't go back until I took my son when he was 2 in 1997. It was fun to relive the experience through his eyes, and discover all the new rides.

My earliest disney memory is the little mermaid i loved that film. i had all the dolls and i had to watch the movie at least once a day :) (so my sister tells me) that film got me hooked on disney and i have never looked back :)

Aww i love reading everyone's memories!

Mine would have to be my first trip to WDW - i spent the whole journey (including flight from the UK) going on an on about how excited i was to meet Mickey (i was quite young) and then when we eventually got to see Mickey, after queuing for a while, I went totally shy and refused point blank to walk up to him! I did however, manage to get a picture with Cinderella that day, so somewhere we have a photo album with a picture of me looking horrified and ridiculously shy with my mum holding me next to Mickey Mouse, and next to that photo we have a photo of me smiling merrily next to Cinderella! :lol:

What can i say, im clearly a ladies man ;) :p :wavey:

My 1st memory would have to be going on pirates for the 1st time, having to regulate which rides we were going to use our tickets on, and seeing the electrical parade.

Disney has always been around me, so it's hard to say what my first Disney memory was. So how about pictures. Me at 21 months, notice the Snow White costume. My 3 year old bedroom. I was big into ducks, so I had a lot of Donalds (see needlepoint on wall, bank on shelf, Christmas decoration on shelf, and slippers on side shelf), but the blanket is multiple characters. And me also at 3, almost 4 clutching my Mickey Mouse doll.

hopedisney.jpg

We went to Disneyland when I was 4. I remember more about the hotel swimming pool, and being terrified at Jaws at Universal Studios more than I remember Disneyland. But I remember sitting on the floor driving around this Mickey car on the edge of the dresser in a hotel room, across the street from Disneyland. My Mom had the door wide open, and she was standing at the railing watching the fireworks. I also have a very vague memory of the fire dancer from the Tahitian Terrace show.

mickeycar.jpg

Guess I'm gonna show my age. I remember Sunday nights and the "Wonderful World of Disney" and seeing previews of the awesome new Pirates of the Carribbean ride. Couldn't wait until it opened so we could go ride it. (We lived in Orange County.) BTW... I was VERY young. :)

Vicki:
My earliest memory was standing in front of the Mickey Head as you enter the park, below the train. I stood up on the brick and my father was taking a picture of me. Every year I would visit him and we would go to Disneyland. He loved it and he passed that love down to me. He is no longer living, but I still recall the fun times we shared at Disneyland.

Yes folks, he even road It's a Small World with me. :)

hey DPF!

The best memory i have from disney was the first time i went when i was 4!!! , i remember walking down main street and just staring with my jaw wide open at the castle and my nan , grandad , mum and dad were very close to tears and later on that day my family got talking to a couple in a restaraunt some were in disney and the woman bent down to me and handed me a shiny thing , IT WAS MY VERY FIRST PIN!!! i still have it to this day!!....

My earliest Disney memory is sitting in the car, waiting to get into Magic Kingdom parking.

I was so excited! But was getting tired of waiting.

My mom decided to play a game with us to see how many different state license plates we could find while driving/waiting. I think we got up to 35!

I always suggest this game to others! The time really went by fast after that.

I think I was 7 or 8.

**If I happen to win this contest and do not immediately reply, it is because I will be at WDW Feb 10-17!!**

Last edited:
My earliest disney memory is going to the cinema to watch beauty and the beast (i was 4 at the time) and id gone with my mom, dad and younger brother. when the lights went down for the film to start and everyone went quiet and my brother started screaming "who turned the lights out!" i always think of this when i see beauty and the beast!

My earliest Disney memory would have to be on our family's second trip to WDW. I remember going around to all of the character meeting locations and getting all of the signatures I could. I still have that book too. It was so much fun.

My earliest memory was when the Aladdin game for super nintendo came out (93? 94?). I was 7-8 and my parents had the NES set up in their room - we all loved that game! I still remember they would lock their door and play for hours while I pounded on the door and whined until they would finally let me in to play :lol:

My earliest Disney memory is when I was about 3-4 years old. I was visiting relatives in California and my parents took my twin brother and I to our one-and-only visit to Disneyland. I was so terrified of the Dumbo ride that I wouldn't get on. We must have gone on the It's a Small World ride 25 times. We even bought a record for our record player with the music as we loved the song so much.

My next visit to Disney was at WDW 25 years later at a conference. I got my picture taken while on the Dumbo ride and sent it to my Mom.

I still like the It's a Small World ride but now the song gets on my nerves after about the third time through with my kids.

My earliest Disney memory was goin to the parks as a kid with my mom and grandparents...Funny that my favortie ride was going around the park on the train, especially the section from Tomorrowland to Main Street when you go through the tunnel and a tour of the grand canyon, I liked the dinosaurs...Do you think that has anything to do with the fact that I am a Geologist???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back