• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!
My earliest Disney memory is of Thumper. I think Bambi must have been re-released in the cinemas around the time I was born (1981) and my dad bought me a foot high cuddly Thumper. It was one of my main cuddly toys although it was a good few years later when I realised it was actually a character from a Disney movie and why he was called Thumper.
OMG! My high school mascot was thumper and I graduated in 1981! now if that doesnt date me lol!

My earliest memory of Disney was in 1953 when my Dad got one of the first "stereo" record players. He ordered me Cinderella, a Little Nipper Storybook and Record (which I still have). I listened to it and looked at the pictures until I nearly memorized it. Then we got to go to the movie. Even though I was only 6 years old, I cried. We had all the Disney Little Nipper records and many times my friends and I would dress up and pretend we were Snow White, or Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty. We were in the military and stationed overseas so I was an adult before I went to the parks, but in my heart I knew those stories and knew what Disney was all about. At 63, I'm still enchanted with those films and yes, I still cry.

OMG that pin Is AWESOME!!! Me, is marching around to Colonal Haiti's march while watching Jungle book! HEHE I was about 3, my mum has a pic of it and who was on my jumper? Pumbaa, so I have ALWAYS been Disney :p

My earliest Disney (WDW) memory is riding the original Journey into Imagination over and over and over in the mid 80's.

I can't actually remember my first WDW memory cause I was only 6 months old on my first trip! lol

Well, I believe I was around 8 when my father took our family to Disneyland. I actually remember the drive down there because it was night and I was counting the minutes until we got there! LOL, It was incredible, we got to meet Mickey Mouse in his house and everything was so Magical! It wasn't until my 20's that I really let my inner Disney explode! I have fallen in love with everything Disney!!!

my earliest disney memory is acctually tied into my very first memory ever.when i was 2 1/2 my grandmother insisted that my mom pierce my ears.well my mom listened and i rememeber screaming and crying when i saw the ear gun and still crying afterward .well my dad was in the area at the same time which was at the mall,and he met us in the parking lot with thumper,tears insatnatly stopped,still have that thumper stuffed animal.later that weekend we went to the theater to see bambi when it came back out in the 80s,after that we went to mcdonalds and got bambi toys in our happy meal.it was great.my first disneyland memory is standing on my uncles boots so id be tall enough to ride big thunder,it worked but the ride scared the crap out ofme,thats probably why theres height requirement to begin with.

You know I can't really remember my first Disney memory. I grew up here, and can't think of a time without WDW. One of my early memories is when I was maybe 5 or 6. We were in Frontierland and the band was out playing in the street with the Country Bears out dancing. One of the bears came over to me and took me by the hands and danced me around in the street. It was really exciting for me, I still remember what I was wearing that day :)

I think the earliest I can remember is seeing The Lion King in the movie theater when I was in 7th or 8th grade and I BAWLED my eyes out!!!

Ah...thinking back to my first Disney Memory set off an avalanche of remembering 'Disney Firsts' :goofy:

The first movie I ever saw was Mary Poppins at the movie theater in 1964. Just Mom and me. Left the theater believing that Mary Poppins could fly, that carpet bags could hold everything anyone could ever need, and - that if one laughed fully - they would float to the ceiling. And, of course, that Bert and Mary would eventually marry and live happily ever after. That set off a series of many memorable Disney firsts...

First Disney Record - Mickey and the Beanstalk; it came with the matching book. I had it completely memorized and played it on the little record player over and over and over again.

TV - Of course, we watched World of Disney every Sunday night while eating dinner on the TV trays in the living room. In our heart, we made a wish to see Disneyland in real life one day....and then-

Our First Disneyland Trip - happened in 1971, when our family MOVED - lock, stock and barrel to Los Angeles. We celebrated by staying at the Disneyland hotel and rode the monorail to the front gate....the magic is REAL! Just like Walt Disney promised all those Sunday evenings on World of Disney.

First Experience Backstage at Disneyland - in 1978, when our high school band (we were the Los Angeles Unified School District Champions) was chosen to march in the Main Street Parade and then perform in Tomorrowland. At less than 5 feet, I was a 'tall flags' girl :lol: :salute:

Grad Night in 1980 - What a memory!

First Marriage Proposal - From a waiter at the Moroccan Restaurant at EPCOT in the mid 80s. My mom wasn't quite sure what to do...so I just winked and said I was taken. Too bad, because, he was CUTE!

First Disney Cruise - for our twin daughters' 5th Birthday - 2005 - by this time, Pin Fever had set in BIG TIME and we still have the amazing pins from that wonderful journey.

And the 'first memories' are still happening...just a few weeks ago, we had our first DLRP Trip - to celebrate the girls' 11th Birthday. Cold weather, heartwarming experience.

Next Disney Memory? We must be waiting for Goofy :hsd:

Happy Trading!
Felice

My earliest Disney memory is of watching The Little Mermaid on VHS for the first time- all my friends had come over and we just HAD to get up and dance when "Under the Sea" came on! After that I had to have everything Ariel- I had the bedroom set, the dolls, the whole nine yards. lol. And now I'm working on the pins. lol.

Best Disneyland Memory-first time at Disneyland, and actually saying to my mom,†They’re right! There are no windows OR doors!†and having a wonderful time being scared for the first time in the Haunted Mansion. I’ve been in love ever since.

Most Memorable Item- The Golden Book and record for Disney’s ‘The Haunted Mansion’. Yes, the grooves were worn and the pages dog-eared from relentless plays on the turntable. But every time I turned to the attic scene, the bride looked less spooky than when I first saw her (grew up with the red-eyed, faceless bride, scared the snot out of me), but it was the Hatbox Ghost that mystified me. He wasn’t on the ride, and the record said his head appeared in the box, but the book failed to show it! The googie eyes, the weird smile, and the overall obtuseness of his being truly burned an impression into my mind. Never has creepy been loved or appreciated.

Most Cherished Memory- My brother and I went to see a strange little film at El Cap that seemed to appeal to the Halloween fiends and fans of the Addams Family. Being fans of animation, especially Harryhausen-esque stop motion, we gave it a go. We laughed at the macabre lyrics, were dazzled with the art, and fell for the story. Best of all, we went to the gallery below and saw all the actual characters and sets from the movie. Years of Poe, Lovecraft, and Bradbury would never have prepared us for something we’d cherish for the rest of our lives, especially from Disney. It seemed that some executives and a dark artist named Tim Burton, along with Oingo Boingo’s Danny Elfman, made a love letter to those who liked Disney, but did not feel accepted into it’s saccharine, pastel-princess-colored world. Although reception was mixed and faced some adversity with certain groups, it was a ripple that would resonate into a tidal wave of affection for the park and belief that a conservative film and amusement factory had enough faith in a project to reach the outliers of society. The Nightmare Before Christmas is and will always be, my most memorable Disney memory, for it showed that in a world of fantasy, tomorrow, and adventure, there was room for one more and they laid out the welcome mat for us outsiders.

Most Memorable Meeting- While making orders for Michael’s Craft Store (now closed), an older gentleman and his wife asked for advice on stained glass. I looked up and saw a more than familiar face. At that time, Disney lore was not uncommon to me, but this man stood out as someone very important. I asked him (sheepishly) if he worked for Disney, and he roared with laughter. “Hi, my name’s Ward Kimball, and this is my lovely wife,†he said with a smile as wide as his cartoonish cheeks. As we talked animation and characters, I saw his wife right behind him, smiling, happy that her husband was recognized as one of the key animators from Disney. After a great twenty minutes of discussion, he asked,†Well, who’s your favorite character?†This was well before Nightmare, so I said Mickey; helpful, positive, and endearing. He asked for a piece of paper and I pulled out one from my sketching book. He quickly wrote my name and drew Mickey’s head, complete with fill-in notes, with a note thanking me for remembering him along with his autograph. I was nearly in tears at that time when we said goodbye, but now it really drives me to tears knowing that moment was a once in a lifetime event with one of the most remarkable members of Disney’s Nine Old Men.

My earliest Disney memory was from back in November of 2004. The last time I had visited the park was in 1993 and I was too young to really remember anything from that visit. When I first walked into the park, I was in love with everything Christmas that they had up! Little did I know that in less then two years later, I would be working in the magic kingdom, but on that single day I got to visit, I fell in love with Disneyland so much, that I begin reading anything and everything on could on the park. I didn't start collecting pins on this trip though, I spent most of my time doing the rides. It was my trip in November of 2005 (My family had been counting down to the 50th and this was the first chance we had to go!) The funny part, On my 2nd trip to Disneyland on November 6th, 2005, would end up being a milestone because one year after that, my family moved to Anaheim on November 6th, 2006 (Our move in date) and I would be hired at Disneyland on November 18th, 2006 (The day we left that 2nd trip and also Mickey's birthday). LoL! I always get a kick out of the way the dates worked out!

My earliest Disney memory is seeing The Lion King at a local theater and standing up watching it when Simba is attacking Scar at the end of the movie. I was very vocal for Simba to beat Scar, LoL! (I was 7 at the time) LoL! According to my mom, I stood with the rest of the kids in our row and I had my hand in a fist and was banging it down on the flat of my left hand. LoL!

I know I'm kind of all over, but that's what makes it fun, at least to me! LoL! Good luck to everyone! :stitch:

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure about what my earliest Disney Memory is but when the movie trailer for Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas came out I loved the music that was in it and I can still remember the first time I saw the trailer. I would have to say I was about 5 or so when I first saw the trailer, even though it came out in 1993 and I would've been 2. The music of the film is what really grabbed me and made me pay attention to it and remember it. I love the music from that movie :)

Last edited:
I was around 8 or so, and we went down for the opening of Epcot since at the time, my father was an Executive of Bell/AT@T and they were the sponsor of Spaceship Earth at that time, so we stayed at the Contemporary. It was my parents, myself and my little sister of 4-5 at the time.

We were eating lunch somewhere around Pirates of the Caribbean and I was having problems opening a ketchup packet for my burger, and my father kept trying to take it from me to do it, and my mother was like let me do it on my own, so finally I got fed up with it, placed it on the table, and smacked it with my fist.

It opened all right, but all over my mother's white blouse, which was funny, but what was funnier was my father laughing so hard he fell off the chair because my mother told him to let me do it on my own

My earliest Disney memory was listening to the little read along books on tape that were popular in the '80s. I loved listening to them because it brought the stories to life and introduced me to the wonderful music of Disney!

My earliest Disney Memories are of my mother reading disney books to me, that we got from the some grocery store promotional program (I still have like 2 of them, and I had to be less than 5) We would often read them together alone waiting for my brother to come home from school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back