• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!
My earliest Disney memory was getting my long haired ponytail pulled from Donald Duck! I was 5 and cryed when he did it, I think I still hold a grudge on Donald till this day! lol! :donald:

What fun! These are so cool to read. :) I have missed the other contests so I am glad to finally join in on one.

Mine would be hard to say... I mean there were the Sunday night Disney movies my brother and I stayed up to watch every week. We always loved that.

BUT... for a real Disney memory I would say it was my first trip. I was in the 6th grade and my class planned a very special trip to Disney. We were able to sell Krispy Kreme donuts as part of a fundraiser to get the money to go. I knew it would be hard for my mom and dad to afford this trip for me so I sold like crazy b/c I wanted to go so bad. This was like a dream to me. I could not believe I actually had the chance to go to WDW. I was top seller in my class and as such I only needed to come up with $250 for the whole trip. It was 5 nights. We went to MK and Epcot, spent a day over at Kennedy Space Center and then some time looking around in St Augustine. It was such a fun trip. Back then I was scared of rides but everyone else in my group was not so I was had to watch them ride most things. My absolute fave was the Carousel of Progress. Crazy for a 12 year old, huh?? LOL It was one of the main things I can recall loving during that trip. I also remember buying myself a Tinker Bell watch and coming out of the shop to see the parade coming by as I walked. That was such a great feeling. I remember standing in front of what was Splash Mtn being built and thinking, wow, that is one HUGE straight down drop...lol My last favorite memory of that trip was buying myself a little fiber optic light wand and watching the fireworks before taking a boat someplace. I can't for the life of me tell you much more about it than that as I just recall being on the boat and laughing with my friends about the simple fact that we were AT WDW! It was 12 years before I went back again and of course the first thing on my mind was riding the COP. :) I will always remember that trip fondly and I hope that my kids will remember the trips we have taken them on as happily.

hrmm.. earliest memory of Disney. One summer Dad packed everyone ( 3 brothers, 1 sister, and stepmom ) into the family conversion van :) said we were going to visit a friend more than 2 hrs later and way past his house we asked where were we going dad says ehh lets go to coney island NY ( we started in Malden Ma) then it became cousin ginny's house in GA 2-3 days later we learned we were in FL headed for WDW ( sadly i actually dont remember the park at all and there are very few photos) but thats what i first remember ! many years later my grandma took me again.. 1/2 day trip i rode a few things saw a few shows wasnt impressed :( Then i met my loving husband he showed me the world.. in a whole new way (DisneyWorld I mean) and has forever converted me to DISNEY ADDICT!! :) I love him everyday for it ! and now we make AWESOME Disney Memories EVERY time we go! :) cant wait to go back and i was just there !

Oh my goodness! Goofy is my absolute favorite and I love Bill Farmer's voicing of Goofy!

Okay, here goes...my very first memory of Disney was the first time my parents flew my little sister and I to California to visit Disneyland for one day when I was 9 years old back in 1982. Mom and dad scrounged and saved to get us there, as they didn't have a lot of money. I was in awe from the first ride on the monorail to the first time I laid eyes on Sleeping Beauty castle! Riding the Peoplemover through the world of Tron was a bit scary, but I loved it and wanted to ride it again and again. I remember being so scared of Space Mountain that mom took the chicken exit with me! I laughed my way through the Haunted Mansion while my sister cried...and I remember the CM at the skyway asking everyone where they were from as they boarded the cars. The Main Street Electrical Parade was a beautiful way to end the day and I cried as we left the park for the evening...I wasn't ready to go home yet! This was too magical a place to just spend one day at.

That one day trip to Disneyland is a day I'll never forget...it sparked my still-strong love for Disney. And I still have that key chain my mom bought me on Main Street nearly 30 years ago. What memories! :)

Last edited:
Where to start, I remember tickets to go on rides and the best ones ran out fast! we never had enough e tickets! riding on the ride that shrank you! i allways believed i really shrank! riding the subs, the matterhorn, the skyway and throwing peanuts or jelly beans down on friends lol, dinner at the polynesian and watching the dancers! grad night x 2 was awesome for me! watching the sunday disney show as a family, we allways had jiffy pop popcorn! Driving my own car on autopia was so cool back then! saving up to get a big dutchess stuffed animal only to have my little brother paint over her eyes! running all over the whole tom sayers island when it was all open. so many memories over the years!

Well, I went with my mom and sister when I was really young, but I don't recall those trips. What I do remember is Grad Night. For those of you not familiar with this, many Florida high schools had (have?) a nighttime senior trip to the Magic Kingdom. We left Fort Lauderdale around 5pm, get to the park around 10pm, and stay until like 6am. I had NEVER been on a roller coaster before, and I was forced to ride Thunder Mountain. A female friend of mine (not a girlfriend) held my hand, and I nearly broke hers. Don't laugh. I only rode Space Mountain when my oldest was 9 and he really wanted to try it. None of us are roller coaster lovers, but I do enjoy Thunder Mountain to this day! My older son has had "enough" of Space Mountain, and my 9 year old doesn't like Thunder Mountain. All of this works out to our advantage as we avoid the crowded rides, lol.

My earliest memory was watching Disney World of Color in black and white. I didn't know there was a place called "Disneyland". We were a poor family so going to Disneyland, let alone going on a family vacation, was not an option. My love of Disney didn't really take off until 2008 when hubby dragged the kids and I off to Disney World - I'm still giving him hugs and kisses -- He regrets that he was the one that started my pin-addiction. :lol:

Last edited:
My earliest Disney memory was my first trip to Disneyland. I was two years old and would hide under the table at Goofy's Kitchen when the characters came around. I still had fun though :)

My earliest disney memory (the one I actually remember - tons of pictures for earlier years but can't say I remember them) is when I was 4 . . . my Mom took me to Disneyland and my Aunt and cousin came from out of state. The first character I saw on main street was goofy. I remember looking up at him and thinking he was sooo tall!!! He gave me the biggest hug and I was hooked!! I still to this day love taking pictures and getting autographs from the characters.

One of those pictures I mentioned earlier - the one I really cherish is of me and my mom on the Dumbo ride on my very first visit to Disneyland. I was 13 months old. This and the fact that my mom used to sing baby mine to me is the reason why I collect Dumbo both in pins and merchandise. I'll try to scan the picture and add it to this post :0)

such a hard one to pick..... I think my earliest memory was going to see a re-run of snow white in a local theatre here. I remember sitting there watching the level and depth of the animation on the screen. And remember how different it was to anything I'd seen before.

As for the memory that had the most impact.... it has to be my first ever walk down main street USA. I remember walking down the street in a daze, watching the people and characters bustle by, and thinking "I can hear music but cant see speakers, where the heck are the speakers?". This became a bit of a phrase for me, a way if you like of explaining the disney magic to people when they ask about it. "Its music playing without seeing the speakers". The attention to every little detail is staggering and still to this day amazes me.

Hmm, let me see. I think my earliest Disney memory will have been going to WDW when I was around 8 years old. I remember I loved the Figment imagination ride so much that I managed to persuade my mum to buy me a big Figment plush toy. :) I'd love to go back to wdw. I don't think funds are going to allow me to for a while though. :(

My memory is really bad, so I can't remember "the first" time I did a lot of things. One Disney memory that does stand out though (and is from many many years ago) is from the first time that me and my mum went to DLRP to stay over night. Lol, my mum had told me in the morning that we were going to Chester Zoo, and the reason we had a suitcase was because Chester Zoo is very far away and it didn't close until late at night.

So we got to the coach station and I'm all excited for Chester Zoo. But then my mum tells me to read the sign on the coach just before getting on. :) It said Disneyland Paris on it. As you can imagine, I was bouncing off the walls at that point. In the morning I thought I was going to the zoo, and it turned out I was going to a Disney park.

My parents and I took our first trip to WDW when I was two, not that I remember any of it! My mom fell in love with the Magic Kingdom and we went back every year until I went away to collage. So much like Hopemax, I'm unsure which memory was the first. Among the very early memories, one that really stands out is walking hand in hand with Pooh :) I still remember I was grinning ear to ear!

My earliest memory of Disney is ironically no longer there, the original disneyland sign and parking lot. I had to be five years old but that's my I remember first of all my DL trips when I was younger. Now DCA is there, and there's a gigantic parking garage to replace it. My first WDW memory is actually of the Utilidor but that's another story.

Last edited:
Thank you for this contest. Goofy is my absolute favorite character.

I guess my first memory would also be watching Wonderful World of Disney and the Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving special. I also used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club. I had a certificate on the fridge that I was an official member of the MMC. I also had a boxed set of 4 large books that had all kinds of stories from Disney. I'm sure my Mom read it to me, but I don't remember that. I read to my boys from those same books when they were little.

For the parks, my first trip was when I was about 8. We used to live in Ohio and we would go to Sarasota every year and stay on the beach. We did a side trip one day to the Magic Kingdom. Back then it was the only park and had the ticket books. I remember being afraid to ride the Skyway. I got down on the floor and didn't want to look over the side. I wish they still had that ride as it would be neat to see the park from above again. I loved 20,000 Leagues and PoTC. That is still my favorite. The Tiki room before they ruined it was also really cool.

We later moved to FL and went back when I was a teen not too long after Epcot opened. I really liked it. I also went to Grad Night. That was so neat. I remember sitting on the bus in the parking lot waiting for them to open the park. Seeing the park at night and getting on rides with hardly any lines, listening to one of my favorite bands, staying up til whenever. It was an awesome night.

I now live in Louisiana, so trips to the park are not too often. My wife and I went when she was 5 months pregnant with my first, so that would be 13 years ago. My Dad and I were given identical Christmas presents from my Mom. It was for the Richard Petty Driving school at WDW Speedway. We got to drive a stock car for 3 laps around the track. That was incredible. My wife and I spent a couple of days at the parks. Animal Kingdom was the new park. We had to as a CM about her riding the Safari ride since she was pregnant. We went again when my youngest was about 1 and a half. My in-laws came with us and we stayed at AK Resort. Nice hotel! The thing that really sticks out is my Father In-law always seemed to have the little on his shoulder sleeping. Our last trip was in Feb. 2008. The boys were then 10 and 8. It was for our Mardi Gras break. The park's had mostly short lines and seemed to be mostly people from Louisiana as many of us do Disney during Mardi Gras. That's when we started pin collecting. That was the best vacation we've ever had. We had so much fun on that trip. Can't wait to get back...hoping to go in June of next year.

I love this! I wish I had time to read everyone's post because it is so nostalgic!

My first memory is actually seeing "The Black Cauldron." I just remember how scared I was. I think it was actually one of my first times going to a movie theater when I was young. It's funny how much it scared me now, but every time I see the Horned King or watch that movie, I still get the creeps. I even have one of the Horned King pins that I have to bury in the rest of our pins because I can't look at it all the time. :)

My earliest Disney memory was with my grandmother and she took us to see the original 101 Dalmatians.
I guess the memory lived on in my Genes because Lizzie is a Dalmatian nut. As for the park, I remember my first trip to Disneyland. I had gone since I was 1 but could not remember anything until I was like 5 and that was my first time on Pirates of the Caribbean I can remember. I was amazed at how all those actors looked and I especially like the water torture guy. It's great to be a kid and believe it's all real.

Last edited:
My earliest memory is my first time to the USA in the late 70's! We flew with at the time a budget airline (Laker - now long gone), even then the plane tickets were over £200 each - at the time expensive, but 4 of us went, paid for by my late father who had saved & saved. We stayed at the DisneyLand hotel & visited the park the followng morning - the very first ride we went on was Space Mountain using the E-tickets (remember them?) - the ride was awesome, in fact every memory from this trip is awesome & to be honest is a massive tribute to both my late parents!!

Chute drop at Knott's anyone???

I think my earliest Disney memory has to do with "The Rescuers Down Under." I remember falling in love with that movie. My brothers and I would watch it over and over again. We wouldn't only watch it though, we would interact with the movie too. In the beginning of the movie you zoom closer and closer to the house of the little boy in Australia. It was like running through the Australian outback. We would stand in front of the TV and run in place and then when you go into the house to see the boy sleeping, we would all jump as if we were jumping into window. Then we would sit 6 inches from the TV and stay glued to it for the next hour and half. Good times. :)

My earliest Disney memory is of Thumper. I think Bambi must have been re-released in the cinemas around the time I was born (1981) and my dad bought me a foot high cuddly Thumper. It was one of my main cuddly toys although it was a good few years later when I realised it was actually a character from a Disney movie and why he was called Thumper.

My earliest disney memory is a little mickey mouse watch I had as a kid. The glass was broken off of it and the minute and hour hand were broken off of it, but it still made a sound when you wound it up. I still have it to this day. Lol

My earliest memory of Disneyland was when I was 5 years old. My dad was taking us all to Disneyland and I was so happy to wear my new red tennis shoes. My favorite ride was Snow White. Just loved that ride. It was not scary back then (1960). Have been hooked on Disneyland ever since!

My earliest Disney memory was being 4, and being totally obsessed with Peter Pan. I loved the idea of flying, and often dreamed of escaping to Neverland. There are lots of pictures that I drew of Peter as a small child. None of them have necks. Haha! It was a while before I figured out that people need necks. I also had a cassette tape of Disney music that I listened to all of the time. My favorite at that age was "Someone's Waiting For You" from the Rescuers.

.................the first time that me and my mum went to DLRP to stay over night. Lol, my mum had told me in the morning that we were going to Chester Zoo,.............. But then my mum tells me to read the sign on the coach just before getting on. :) It said Disneyland Paris on it....................

What a neat mom and a sweet memory! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back