• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DPF Goofy Pin Giveaway!
Earliest memory was a 3rd grade class field trip to the movie theater to see Song of the South. We'll go ahead and file that in the "something that will NEVER happen again" file. ;)

My earliest memory is from the mid-1970s. I would have been about 5 and the Mickey Mouse Club was being shown in syndication on TV. At the time, my great-grandmother was in a nursing home, but she came to our house for weekends to visit. I remember sitting on the floor, singing to my great grandmother and telliing her that I was one day going to be on the show, too! I wasn't able to visit a park until the 80s, but I was a Mickey fan LONG before that!

Earliest disney memory:

Being tricked into going onto Splash Mountain at the age of 6. I saw the logs dropping and it was my first time at the Magic Kingdom and I was told it was like its a small world (I used to watch the Disneyland Fun DVD and so I knew a lot of what to expect~ apparently not 100% though). What I did not expect was being trapped inside a wooden log and seeing the logs drop 1 by 1 a few feet outside the load station. I think I immediately burst into tears and by the big lift and vulture scene I was freaking out. True WDI magic because everything seemed so terrifying and real haha

The drop was huge (for me at the time at least) and it was amazing- but I never rode Splash Mountain again until years later around age 16/17. Crazy, right?! Now, it's nothing! It's a breeze! I love it and it's one of my favorite attractions ever. I still have that ride photo hanging up on my cork board and I will look at it from time to time and smile :)

Edit- I guess watching Disneyland Fun over and over again should be considered my first Disney-related memory. For anyone who doesn't know, it's basically a sing-along-song movie shot from Disneyland. It prepped me for my first MK visit, which.... I didn't realize wasn't the park in the video until years later lol (I was looking for the Matterhorn haha)

Last edited:
The very first memory I have of disney is riding the indiana jones ride at DLR over and over and over again with mama and papa. The ride didn't last very long so i'd grab them and run round to queue again as soon as we got off :) I never got bored of that ride, they did though :lol:

Wow I love Goofy and the pin looks great.

Here goes..

My first Disney memory is crying during Beauty and the Beast when the wolves attack Belle's father. I remember being incosolable and my parents had to fast forward the wolves bit until the nice happy part with Cogsworth and Lumiere.

Sad.. I know :)

Martin :) :)

One of my earliest Disney-related memories is getting this book in 1983 for my 4th bday, and my mom reading to me from it, and making the Goofy puppet in the book move and talk (though I realize now that Goofy doesn't sound like a Polish woman LOLOL). Nice coincidence, this being a Goofy memory! This is what the book looked like:
dis211.jpg

My earliest disneyland memory is from when I was 2 years old. It was my first trip to Disneyland. At the end of main street, near the castle is a stage (I don't remember what its called, but they do the dancing and music shows for high schoolers there) there were leaves all over the floor. I thought they were trash so I walked around cleaning up, picking up leaves and throwing them away.

I have to agree with Shauna, that watching the "Wonderful World of Disney" was Sunday evening family must do. I would love to see some of that programming again. It took me 27 years to get to the parks, but I haven't missed since then.

One of my earliest memories is watching the Mickey Mouse Club on TV and wanting to like Darlene more than Annette because she had my first name. The other is of a trip to Disneyland, riding the Donkey's, dancing with the Indians and being chased by one of the Three Little Pigs. I was not sure if I liked the characters or not because they were so big so although I laughed while he was chasing me I was pretty scared! LOL

I recall back back when Disneyland Ticket Books were sold and always using the "D" & "E" tickets first since they were for the best rides. This was in the late 50s & early 60s. I don't remember there being an entrance gate like they have now (but there must have been one). I had an Uncle who lived a few blocks east of Disneyland just off Ball Rd - we would sit in his back yard and watch the fireworks in the summer evenings.

Our family took a vacation in 1964 traveling around the country in a home-made camper truck and we happened to be in NYC during the Worlds Fair. We saw/rode "Small World", "Progressland" (aka Carousel of Progress), the "People Mover" and "Great Moments with President Lincoln" which all were later moved to Disneyland. I also recall dinosaurs that I believe can now be seen as part of the Main Street Railroad .

That's hard. I'd have to say my very earliest Disney memory was taking possession of the TV every Sunday evening to watch "Wonderful World of Disney" and see which movie was on for that week. I looked forward to it sooo much and still remember seeing Tink sprinkle her magic over the castle.

My first Disney park memory was in 1976 when our family took a cross country (half way across, we lived in Oklahoma) trip pulling a travel trailer and stopping along the way. We saw lots of things (Grand Canyon, Albuquerque, Vegas, etc.) but our final destination was Disneyland. I remember I was so young and there were crowds, lines and heat (it was summer after all) but we had such a fun time. The best part is where I made my Dad stand in line to ride Space Mountain....the line went on forever, we got up to the front and I saw how dark and scary it was and started crying.....we had to exit without riding. Goes to prove I had the most patient man in the world for a Father.

My earliest memory is in 1980 at WDW riding It's a small world with my parents. I also remember seeing Bambi in the theatres with my Granny. To this day, I absolutely love watching my kids faces on It's a Small World and of course, I collect the pins :)

I also grew up with all kinds of Disney stuff around me so I'm not sure of my first Disney memory. I had Winnie the Pooh wallpaper in my room, and a Winnie the Pooh beanbag. I belonged to the Walt Disney book club and watched The Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday night. I had Mickey Mouse sunglasses when I was 2 years old and saw every Disney movie as they came out in the theatres, most were re-run, like The Song of the South, The Shaggy Dog, The Shaggy DA, etc. When I finally got to WDW I was 6 years old and I was just so excited to be there. I loved the Haunted Mansion and the Main Street Electric Parade. There was no Epcot, MGM or Animal Kingdom then.

My earliest Disney memory is watching the Wonderful World of Disney on TV always looked forward to seeing Walt on TV. I can even remember watching in the theater here in Quincy Ma going to see the Million Dollar Duck with Dean Jones and Sandy Duncan. I always loved Herbie and the original Parent trap which my parents took me to see in the Drive in i forget how old I was.
Even before that the earliest Disney Memory was for my parents on the day I was born as it turned out to be the day Walt passed away :(

My first Disney Park memory was in 1973 when my parents myself and my dad Aunt and Uncle took me to WDW for the first time still have some of the old tickets along with the ticket for parking at TTC which back then was only 50 cents!!!! I wouldnt even go near the characters my mom tried to get me near Pluto and all I did was cry. I even wanted to drive the Car in Mr Toad's wild ride and once in side and on the ride I cried when I thought the barrels were going to fall on us. I remembered wanting to go on 20 leagues under the sea and couldnt as they had it closed do to a typical summer afternoon thunderstorm in the area. I did ride the skyway mission to mars small world jungle cruise and had a blast!! we would go again in 76 but in february. have been at least 18 times since

the earliest was when I was about 5 and my Favorite ride was Journey into the Imagination because I imitated it when I was at home with a wagon.

Thanks to DPF for another fun thing to do on their site!

I have an old black-and-white photo of my dad and I when he took me to Disneyland when I was three-years old. Whenever I look at it, I remember seeing the big-headed characters greeting everyone. I was terrified of them and remember gripping my dad's leg as I tried to hide from the scary creatures. Although the memory may seem a bit dark, it only makes me smile now!

I have always had Disney in my Life. Through Pictures i know i was at Disneyland from age 1. We went to Disneyland 4 times a year growing up. But My earliest memory has to be finding all the old ticket books and gathering them up for a trip to Disneyland. They were always in the kitchen Drawer with some small tools and kitchen goods. Then getting new books and riding dumbo and small world. Eating lunch in Hooks pirate ship in Fantasyland. Good Times.

Funniest Memory was being afraid to ride Adventure Thru Inner Space Because I didnt want to be Shrunk. I eventually grew to love the ride and I still miss it.

My first Disney memory was singing songs and making smores around a campfire with Chip and Dale at Fort Wilderness campground. My brother's and my birthdays are within 5 days of each other, so every year since I was 3 and he was 1, until we moved to Indiana when I was 7, we stayed at Disney around that time. My parents changed the places each time to experience something different. The first year was at Caribbean Beach and the second year was at Fort Wilderness Campground. That is the trip I really remember. Friends of our family came down to stay with us too and I remember Ian and I taking turns staying in their motor home with them(we were in a cabin). Disney holds some great memories of my childhood.

The first time I went to Disneyland I was 6 months old so I don't remember. I would have to say the first Disney memory I have is watching old Disney movies that my grandpa had put together into long video tapes to entertain us for hours. And watching the Little Mermaid when it came out over and over again while acting it out with my cousins when I was three or four.

Through High School we went to Disneyland every summer. Of course we were always so excited that we could not sleep the night before. I always remember losing my tickets and having to buy more. But my earliest memory is of get a red Mickey Mouse balloon.

Here is a early picture of the annual family outing, 1972. I have the way cool ponytails.

April 1972.jpg

Disneyland July 1969.jpg

Learning have to accessory back in 1969.

My earliest memory is of going to disneyworld when I was 6 my dad bought me some mouse ears and when we returned home I wore them everywhere. Then we went to a furniture store and after hours in the store my mom wanted to leave but I left my disney ears on one of the beds I cried for weeks. I finally got me some more ears 24 years later :)

A Disney memory that I have is coming home from Grandmas house or anywhere at night. Next to always, I would fall asleep in the back seat of the car, but EVERY time I got into that backseat I would convince myself that I needed to stay awake so I could watch the "Gold Box" Disney VCR tapes. I LOVED them. Never ended up staying awake, but I sure did try every time we were on our way home.

I have 2 early Disney memories, and I have no idea which one happened first:

1. I used to have my mom rent and re-rent one of those old film reels from the library of the Donald Duck and Chip and Dale cartoon "Three for Breakfast," with the pancakes. I used to watch it over and over! I don't think it even had any sound. Years later I managed to tape it off the Disney Channel (with sound); what a treat!
2. I remember on my first trip to Disneyland, when I was 4 years old, we went to the breakfast where you got to meet the characters. For some reason, I remember that Robin Hood was there, and I got to eat red Jell-o cubes. It was magical!

I was young (5), I do not remember much, however...

I do remember thinking EPCOT was the coolest thing on Earth. Spaceship Earth was just amazing to me, I really liked dinosaurs at the time so the Universe of Energy was a hit as well. Living with the Land (then Listen to the Land) was also pretty exciting for me. World Showcase...not so much.

The Magic Kingdom was really a mixed bag for me. Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and of course the TTA were favorites. My mom would not let me ride Space Mountain (even though I was more than tall enough), I think she said something about a person loosing a hand on the ride or something like that (today, I doubt that was true). I have lots of photos with the characters from that trip.

My last Disney memory from that trip was walking to the exit down Main Street USA thinking I'd never see WDW again... wow was I wrong about that!

Love seeing the old photos! Thanks for sharing those. :)

My earliest memory was also watching Wonderful World of Disney on TV. I also loved The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and was glued to the TV the whole time. I've always loved Halloween and that picture really fascinated me back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back