• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

This is my lucky day!!! :D Guess what I got!!! Beloved Tales!!! Update: IT CAME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my lucky day!!! :D Guess what I got!!! Beloved Tales!!! Update: IT CAME!!!!
So you're saying that if someone was selling some pins and they had an Up! Marquee for $200 you wouldn't take that offer? You would instead tell the person how much it's worth and the rarity of it and more than likely would have to pay the $1,000 that its worth? You'd be ok with that?
If someone was selling an Up! Marquee on EBAY for $200, I would first--feel highly suspicious...LOL
But in that case, the person was still profiting $150 or so.
This person lost $5 or so....

If it was a trader, and they were trading pins, and wanted only a few pins (with an average value of $200)--I would keep asking, are you sure? Do you know what you have? Do you know what these are sold for? etc.

Out of curiosity, what good did it do to contact the seller? Now instead of having two people who feel good. We probably have two people who feel bad.

Last edited:
So you're saying that if someone was selling some pins and they had an Up! Marquee for $200 you wouldn't take that offer? You would instead tell the person how much it's worth and the rarity of it and more than likely would have to pay the $1,000 that its worth? You'd be ok with that?
I've done that!Not that exact pin or price but I can fairly say one time it blew up in my face and I felt like a chump SECOND time they said they don't care! the other times ,eh don't.... remember! but yeah !!!

MiMino Congrats on your ill gotten pin!....I'm joking you paid for it its rightfully yours you likely just assumed she was just doing a favor and knew the value...I sure would have assumed as much so dont feel bad Congrats!

Im happy I had a good pin day today got my brothers and my moms grails both today

Last edited:
Honestly why should any of us care if she knew the value or not? Unless you were part of the transaction it should not matter, plain and simple.

Last edited:
I feel like it is a very touchy subject because lets analyze this from a perspective of saying that there was a Designer Rapunzel for sale because thinking about the topic, you really can't have both sides win :( Lets say one of the following occurred:

- Person is selling Designer Rapunzel for $50
- Tangled collector buys it
- Is the seller nice for selling it for such an amazing price while the buyer is wrong for cheating the seller out of $750?

- Person is selling Designer Rapunzel for $800
- Tangled collector buys it
- Is the seller being a shark and only promoting pins to sell for such high prices when the original cost of the pin (considering they bought the set at D23) costed them less than 10x lower than that while the buyer is being ripped off because they have to pay so much to complete their collection?

Given those circumstances you really can't win, either the seller is evil for charging to much for a pin they bought for less than $50 or the buyer is evil for ripping off the seller for some amount of money. There has to be a medium ground I think because the way it seems to be phrased thus far, it is so black and white o_O

Well worded kupo. I view my pins as collectible, Disney memorabilia. With values that fluctuate based on supply and demand; particularly demand. (as with all collectibles--not just pins)

I just feel bad for the seller. She just wanted a dishwasher I think. she wasn't trying to get rich selling her pins. I would truly hope, that if I had a pin that had a worth of $200, and I was trading for $8 pin, that someone would take the effort to educate, me ...yes I would.

I've done that!Not that exact pin or price but I can fairly say one time it blew up in my face and I felt like a chump SECOND time they said they don't care! the other times ,eh don't.... remember! but yeah !!! Congrats on your ill gotten pin!....I'm joking you paid for it its rightfully yours you likely just assumed she was just doing a favor and knew the value...I sure would have assumed as much so dont feel bad Congrats!

Im happy I had a good pin day today got my brothers and my moms grails both today

That's exactly what I thought. I thought she knew the value. That's why I was so stunned and had to keep asking her if we were talking about the same pin.

Out of curiosity, what good did it do to contact the seller? Now instead of having two people who feel good. We probably have two people who feel bad.
Ya....Know...I didn't even think of that....but regardless one nearly stole a EPIC pin! and the other probably has a one EPIC dishwasher so Im gunna just hope the both feel great ...I hope they do...they both should!
the seller got a dishwasher of destiny and basically got to zap someone one of their grails and the other basically got zapped a grail sounds win win!

Honestly why should any of us care if she new the value or not? Unless you were part of the transaction it should matter, plain and simple.

I don't really want to fully divulge my part in why it matters to me.
What I will divulge is that I feel as another pin trader, I want to watch out for another pin trader. I have nothing to gain . Nothing. The seller now knows to research the value or ask for help from veteran pin traders as to the value of selling off her collection. and MMiano gets a grail pin for $8. They both WIN--and gain a valuable item or asset of knowledge, does that make sense.

Great discussion by the way guys....

Honestly why should any of us care if she new the value or not? Unless you were part of the transaction it should matter, plain and simple.
Daaang Joey put the claws away homie...Grapesoda look out I've never seen him so viscous! lol

guys and please lets not start throwing haymakers and cussing....lets have a good time

Last edited:
That's exactly what I thought. I thought she knew the value. That's why I was so stunned and had to keep asking her if we were talking about the same pin.

I know Michelle, that is why I asked you , politely if you felt guilty or weird about it. No bad feelings. In the end, it is just a pin. But you should zap the crap out of her!

As an adult and a seller, you have to educate yourself. It takes two minutes to look up ended auctions on eBay, check pinpic stats, ask a fellow trader, just like Kupo said. I've been on both sides of this fence. I've got awesome BIN deals on eBay, and I've also paid way more than the pin normally goes for. It happens with pin collecting. But I can't feel bad for anyone who doesn't educate theirselves or do some research. It's too simple. Plus deals happen all the time. I'm a firm believer in karma, and the OP probably had some coming their way. Hopefully the seller gets some good karma as well for going through with the transaction, albeit not knowing what she had.

I don't really want to fully divulge my part in why it matters to me.
What I will divulge is that I feel as another pin trader, I want to watch out for another pin trader. I have nothing to gain . Nothing. The seller now knows to research the value or ask for help from veteran pin traders as to the value of selling off her collection. and MMiano gets a grail pin for $8. They both WIN--and gain a valuable item or asset of knowledge, does that make sense.

Great discussion by the way guys....

Now I agree with this. Lesson learned, and hopefully the seller can have more success in the future

As an adult and a seller, you have to educate yourself. It takes two minutes to look up ended auctions on eBay, check pinpic stats, ask a fellow trader, just like Kupo said. I've been on both sides of this fence. I've got awesome BIN deals on eBay, and I've also paid way more than the pin normally goes for. It happens with pin collecting. But I can't feel bad for anyone who doesn't educate theirselves or do some research. It's too simple. Plus deals happen all the time. I'm a firm believer in karma, and the OP probably had some coming their way. Hopefully the seller gets some good karma as well for going through with the transaction, albeit not knowing what she had.
VERY VERY WELL WORDED....I hope the seller gets good pin karma, too.

Daaang Joey put the claws away homie...Grapesoda look out I've never seen him so viscous! lol

guys and please lets not start throwing haymakers and cussing....lets have a good time
No haymakers , no cussing---everyone has been cool and rational and makes intelligent points and views. Such a rarity to see a decent discussion on DPF lately.LOL

No haymakers , no cussing---everyone has been cool and rational and makes intelligent points and views. Such a rarity to see a decent discussion on DPF lately.LOL
yeah just like a cautionary note I was getting nervous because people love to pounce at a chance for drama so consider this post a pat on the back pin forum for showing self control and civility! well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back