• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

This is my lucky day!!! :D Guess what I got!!! Beloved Tales!!! Update: IT CAME!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, congrats on the awesome find! I would love to join the group! What is it called? Or can you pm me the link?

You aren't feeling the least bit guilty that you got a $200-$600 for that cheap? I don't think I could have accepted that kind of a deal, no matter how bad I wanted it. But that is just my opinion. I am glad for you to get a pin you want, but I personally will never agree to a trade/sale where the other person isn't getting a "fair shake"

I think it's completely fair. It sounds like the other person was aware of what she was doing. She is on a pin group. The information is certainly out there. I think she should feel great about her find. Good for her.

I think it's completely fair. It sounds like the other person was aware of what she was doing. She is on a pin group. The information is certainly out there. I think she should feel great about her find. Good for her.
With all my heart, I certainly hope that the person who sold it, knew or was aware of it's rarity, it's value etc. and maybe she is rich and just wanted to see the pin go to another pin trader. I really hope that is the case. It is like the person who finds a piece of art work at a yard sale for $7 and finds out it is worth $70,000. Would you go back and give that person some money or ? These are all just my opinions, no malice intended. But I would asked her first if she knew how much that pin was really worth? Just my feelings on it.

I get what you are saying but like a lot of people have said before the value of pins is different for different people and its only value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I traded a BT for a Chip n' Dale as Tweedle Dee and Dum. Months ago the BT was going for 25 now its going for 80. I dont think it has anything to do with value anymore its what can I get for it. Anyways its like the old saying goes the only reason anything has value is because we as humans say so. After all these things and/or items are just tangible.

Honestly, I wouldn't feel bad. The seller not only sounded like she knew what she was getting into (anyone can see that the pin has done very well on Ebay or Pinpics in terms of price and how much people want it) so I cannot say she sounds like she got ripped off. Also, at the same time, would you consider it unfair if someone sold a friend a Tangled BT at cost when that person doesn't live by DSF when it first came out? I'm just curious because wouldn't that also be "unfair" to the seller and shouldn't the buyer have required the friend to sell it for $250 when it originally costed them $15 for the pin? That's at least how I look at it. The pin was originally $15 or so to buy, so if she sold it for $8, all she did was lose out on $7.

Now if she originally bought the pin for $400 and then sold it to MMiano for $8, I would feel a bit guilty, but I doubt she spent hundreds on the pin if she only sold it for $8.

Honestly, I wouldn't feel bad. The seller not only sounded like she knew what she was getting into (anyone can see that the pin has done very well on Ebay or Pinpics in terms of price and how much people want it) so I cannot say she sounds like she got ripped off. Also, at the same time, would you consider it unfair if someone sold a friend a Tangled BT at cost when that person doesn't live by DSF when it first came out? I'm just curious because wouldn't that also be "unfair" to the seller and shouldn't the buyer have required the friend to sell it for $250 when it originally costed them $15 for the pin? That's at least how I look at it. The pin was originally $15 or so to buy, so if she sold it for $8, all she did was lose out on $7.

Now if she originally bought the pin for $400 and then sold it to MMiano for $8, I would feel a bit guilty, but I doubt she spent hundreds on the pin if she only sold it for $8.

I just spoke with the person from whom it was purchased from. She was not aware of its value whatsoever. I appreciate everyone's opinions, and this is a healthy discussion/debate. I PERSONALLY would feel really bad doing that to someone. But , others may just see it as her losing out on $7. If someone offered a Reveal Conceal Rapunzel for $14--you wouldnt at least advise them as to the desirability, average cost currently, and rarity of the item? Anyone? It's just bad karma to me. This woman had no idea that she had a diamond grail of a pin.

I just spoke with the person from whom it was purchased from. She was not aware of its value whatsoever. I appreciate everyone's opinions, and this is a healthy discussion/debate. I PERSONALLY would feel really bad doing that to someone. But , others may just see it as her losing out on $7. If someone offered a Reveal Conceal Rapunzel for $14--you wouldnt at least advise them as to the desirability, average cost currently, and rarity of the item? Anyone? It's just bad karma to me. This woman had no idea that she had a diamond grail of a pin.

Wow, I have to say I'm quite shocked that she was unaware of its value and I almost am not sure if I believe her o_O I know you spoke with her about it but how can you not know of its value? Between seeing it's very high trade/want ratio on Pinpics (but if she isn't a trader I don't expect her to know of Pinpics), Ebay, Worthpoint, Google, any a variety of other websites, it isn't hard to tell that pin is AT LEAST worth $100 minimum! I would feel slightly bad considering she didn't know, but I still would have bought it nonetheless. As a grail pin I would have merely sent her the cost of the pin that she probably paid for it at cost so that it is like she never lost anything out to begin with.

If I were her, I would have at least done a bit of research on the pin before posting it for sale. Heck, she could have posted in the group, who much do you think these pins are worth and then sold them accordingly. However, it was a rash decision to just post it for $8 so it sold for $8 :(

I get what you are saying but like a lot of people have said before the value of pins is different for different people and its only value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I traded a BT for a Chip n' Dale as Tweedle Dee and Dum. Months ago the BT was going for 25 now its going for 80. I dont think it has anything to do with value anymore its what can I get for it. Anyways its like the old saying goes the only reason anything has value is because we as humans say so. After all these things and/or items are just tangible.
It is nice to see, that we can all talk like adults about this "sensitive" pin subject. You guys seem like cool, rationale, fair people who can have a "friendly debate" without being mean and vicious like you see on DPF sometimes. But this woman really just wanted a dishwasher...poor thing.

I can totally appreciate your opinion but I guess I have a bit of a problem with your "I PERSONALLY would feel really bad doing that to someone" I don't feel she did anything to the seller. The seller offered the pin at her acceptable price, and the buyer payed it. It doesn't sound like she lied or coerced her in anyway. We know the DSF BT releases in a couple of weeks are already worth$100.00 or more, is anybody that pays $12.95 in some way ripping off Disney?

that sucks, when the BT Tangled came out a girl came up to me asking to trade a stitch BT for it since they ran out by the time it was her turn in line. i wanted it but i knew it was wrong so i told her that that is now a $250+ pin and that she should hold off for something far more worth it. it would have been wrong for me to take advantage of the girl. but that's just me

she did nothing wrong, if it was a trade than yes she sharked the person but since it was a sale than she lucked out and got a great deal

Last edited:
Wow, I have to say I'm quite shocked that she was unaware of its value and I almost am not sure if I believe her o_O I know you spoke with her about it but how can you not know of its value? Between seeing it's very high trade/want ratio on Pinpics (but if she isn't a trader I don't expect her to know of Pinpics), Ebay, Worthpoint, Google, any a variety of other websites, it isn't hard to tell that pin is AT LEAST worth $100 minimum! I would feel slightly bad considering she didn't know, but I still would have bought it nonetheless. As a grail pin I would have merely sent her the cost of the pin that she probably paid for it at cost so that it is like she never lost anything out to begin with.

If I were her, I would have at least done a bit of research on the pin before posting it for sale. Heck, she could have posted in the group, who much do you think these pins are worth and then sold them accordingly. However, it was a rash decision to just post it for $8 so it sold for $8 :(
She was just a casual pin trader, who bought pretty princess pins over the years. no pinpics, no ebay....I admit I used to be just like that. COMPLETELY unaware of extrinsic values. She really, really didn't know--why else would she take $8 for it, right?

Yes, I am excited for MMiano to get the pin; in the end, it is only her conscience(MMiano), pin morality(is there such a thing?) and they were both adults who followed through with their trade agreement. If she can live with it, then cool.

that sucks, when the BT Tangled came out a girl came up to me asking to trade a stitch BT for it since they ran out by the time it was her turn in line. i wanted it but i knew it was wrong so i told her that that is now a $250+ pin and that she should hold off for something far more worth it. it would have been wrong for me to take advantage of the girl. but that's just me

she did nothing wrong, if it was a trade than yes she sharked the person but since it was a sale than she lucked out and got a great deal

That's exactly how I feel Ozzie. I could never have agreed to that much of a lopsided deal. You are an angel for not agreeing in my eyes!

So you're saying that if someone was selling some pins and they had an Up! Marquee for $200 you wouldn't take that offer? You would instead tell the person how much it's worth and the rarity of it and more than likely would have to pay the $1,000 that its worth? You'd be ok with that?

I can totally appreciate your opinion but I guess I have a bit of a problem with your "I PERSONALLY would feel really bad doing that to someone" I don't feel she did anything to the seller. The seller offered the pin at her acceptable price, and the buyer payed it. It doesn't sound like she lied or coerced her in anyway. We know the DSF BT releases in a couple of weeks are already worth$100.00 or more, is anybody that pays $12.95 in some way ripping off Disney?
I agree with you. In no way, am I implying that MMiano coerced or lied to the seller.
How I disagree is that this was a collectable Disney memorabilia/item. We all know that collectibles( of all types) have values placed on them by humans who "create" that value. I feel that MMiano knew the rarity of this pin, and made no effort to ask the seller (in good conscience) if she knew anything about the pin/ its worth etc. The seller herself said, and I quote "Guess it is my fault that I'm not that 'educated' about the pins. " end quote. yes, she got the deal of a lifetime. Somehow it doesn't set right with me; like the way Ozzie described his experience.

I feel like it is a very touchy subject because lets analyze this from a perspective of saying that there was a Designer Rapunzel for sale because thinking about the topic, you really can't have both sides win :( Lets say one of the following occurred:

- Person is selling Designer Rapunzel for $50
- Tangled collector buys it
- Is the seller nice for selling it for such an amazing price while the buyer is wrong for cheating the seller out of $750?

- Person is selling Designer Rapunzel for $800
- Tangled collector buys it
- Is the seller being a shark and only promoting pins to sell for such high prices when the original cost of the pin (considering they bought the set at D23) costed them less than 10x lower than that while the buyer is being ripped off because they have to pay so much to complete their collection?

Given those circumstances you really can't win, either the seller is evil for charging to much for a pin they bought for less than $50 or the buyer is evil for ripping off the seller for some amount of money. There has to be a medium ground I think because the way it seems to be phrased thus far, it is so black and white o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back