• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 "Couture de Force" Princess and Villain Figures [IMG HEAVY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are not limited figures so they should be producing more if they sold out, so I would just keep checking the site regularly as they should come up again. I wouldnt resort to going onto ebay just yet as your should be able to find these figures relatively easily.

Somehow I missed out on these beauties. Does anyone know if Maleficent and Aurora are coming back into stock? I know they are an open edition, but it seems like sometimes even open editions disappear.

I really like the Maleficent and Jasmine. My mother is a big fan of Rapunzel, so im sure she would love the Rapunzel one. I may pick one of these up later on either eBay or if they ever come back up on the Disney Store.

Saw the new set yesterday, tink and Ariel are similar in size to the first set but jasmine and rapunzel are larger in size. Weird they chose to do that.

I hope so! I plan on buying Ariel when my money in paypal is available. I'd really love an Elsa and Anna.

hi Alex, sorry it's been awhile since I've visited this wonderful site, I've been really busy designing 2 style guides for a client. Thank you so much for your congrats, kind comments and liking my sculpts. I am the original concept designer for the first 7 of the collection: Aurora, Cinde, Belle, Snow, Evil Queen, Maleficent and Cruella. Aurora, Cinde and Maleficent are my favorites. Yes, I love that I was able to do both the pink and blue on Aurora's dress, an idea I had while watching the film and wanting it to be more unique, it was so much fun to design. I also wanted the swirling of her dress as though she were dancing with the Prince. I loved the rose cascade (inspired by classic fashion designers), as her name is also Briar Rose. My idea was to capture the essence of each film character with their pose, accessories and props. We'll see what the future holds, but I'm so glad that this line was so well received by fans. This will ensure that Enesco will continue with other characters.
also please visit my FB page for future updates and to see the original artwork I created for this collection: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPrincessVillainCoutureDeForce
best wishes, cyn 8=0)

Aurora and Maleficent are the most popular, especially because of the Maleficent film with Angelina Jolie. These will be the most collectable and are currently the hardest to keep in stock. My understanding is that the manufacturer is having a difficult time keeping up with orders, even last year after it was released at the January Gift Shows 2013. I'm guessing they will be out on the market for awhile, but because they are so popluar, it's just a matter of supply and demand. But I would grab them when you can. cyn 8=0)

Aurora and Maleficent are the most popular, especially because of the Maleficent film with Angelina Jolie. These will be the most collectable and are currently the hardest to keep in stock. My understanding is that the manufacturer is having a difficult time keeping up with orders, even last year after it was released at the January Gift Shows 2013. I'm guessing they will be out on the market for awhile, but because they are so popluar, it's just a matter of supply and demand. But I would grab them when you can. cyn 8=0)

I'm the Couture de Force Designer for the first 7 sculpts in this collection:Aurora, Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Evil Queen, Maleficient and Cruella. I am also a Disneyana collector and former Disney FeatureAnimation artist, including doing many Disney Consumer Products Princess StyleGuide art, so I really did re-review all of the films again, along withreferring to my model sheets to insure the accuracy and keeping them "onmodel".
Yes, the artist that followed me for the next 4, didn't quite get my concept, nor the proper sizing. Since I've done licensee Style Guides, I know the importance of the size comparison chart, just like what we do at Feature Animation to keep them in proper size relationship to each other. It's unfortunate the 2nd designer didn't match the sizes of the inital ones I established for the collection. I personally called out the height measurements for the manufacturer, similar to Barbie doll size, for the first 7 sculpts. I'm hoping they keep this in mind for the next ones. best wishes, cyn 8=0)
Feel free to correspond on my FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPrincessVillainCoutureDeForce

I broke down and bought Rapunzel and Aurora. The two I thought looked most breathtakingly gorgeous! In person, I find them to be strange next to each other. The scale is off such that Rapunzel looks much stockier and rounder and Aurora is more delicate and smaller. I wasn't expecting them to be so different!

pupuce, thanks so much for sharing your pics. I'm the Couture de Force Designer for the first 7 sculpts in this collection: Aurora, Cinde, Belle, Snow, Evil Queen, Maleficient and Cruella. Would it be okay with you if I share these on my FB page? 8=0)
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPrincessVillainCoutureDeForce

Thats so cool that you were the designer. Aurora and Maleficent are my favorite.

I keep looking at Aurora online and think she is just so beautiful. I love the colors in her dress, and would love them to a LE doll of her like that. A shimmery dress that changes from pink to blue. I will probably have to get her.

Ariel looks meh to me. She has too much going on, with all the stuff in her hair, and the netting around her waist. Its overload.

I love the simple yet classic look of Belle and Aurora. I can see the difference between the two designers.

I ordered Ariel on Saturday! I can't wait to get her! I agree she is very busy, but her tail and bra are so boring by themselves so she needs a lot of decoration to look interesting. She's definitely different than the other Ariel figures already out. As much as I love Ariel, I always wished they gave her a more flattering color scheme as a mermaid and more accessories and decorations. I'm not a fan of red, green, and purple together even though I love her.

If I buy any it will be Aurora and then maybe Belle. I want more things of Belle not in yellow. I know thats her iconic look but Im really tired of everything is with her in the yellow dress. Id like to see more of her in the blue dress.

Couture-de-ForceDesigner, if you are still reading I want you to know just how amazing your rendition of Aurora is. I think she is the best interpretation of her waltz scene and color changing dress that I have ever seen. She is so beautiful! I knew I would get her as soon as I saw her, and I don't collect many Disney figurines (usually only dolls).

I also love all the princesses in this line, but Aurora stands out as being something absolutely superb and unrivaled in beauty!

Just got Maleficent as a gift for my birthday. And had Rapunzel as a Christmas gift. These statues are absolutely breathtaking. Next on my list are Aurora and Cruella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back