• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
If maleficent pops up I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could get her for me! And I would pay them cost + shipping + shipping to the UK! PRETTY PLEEEASSE haha!

There are so many good points that I want to comment/respond to...but doing multi quote stuff just seems like a major brain pain and like it'd take forever.

I am SO for whoever said that Pocahontas couldn't be in this "Couples" collection with John Smith. I adore you. I totally get why they have John Smith in the Classic collection but I still look at that and go, "But...um...no."

I think that, for the same reasons they did the D Queen of Hearts and Ursula they way they did, they could do a D Vanelope (and maybe now the brought up Lilo). They wanted to "push the envelope" and "take risks" (and not spend more money on additional molds). Don't get me wrong, I do totally agree that they should have been plus sized models, but they are still beautiful dolls nevertheless. Vanelope would be too. (And...I would so LOVE and prefer and adore if her designer doll were based off of her princess gown. I'm in love with all the candy coated concepts that I have been designing in my head and would adore one of her like that.)

You know...it really doesn't matter if Anna's concept was or wasn't finalized when this 3rd collection was begun or finalized. If you remember back to the first collection...Tangled was released so Rapunzel was in it, and Merida was already known of in the same way that Anna is now. (The only difference is that we had seen like a 3 second image of Merida in a trailer...and we've only seen "Anna" in an image that Disney wanted taken down because it wasn't a real release.) If they wanted to release a Designer Anna, there really would be nothing stopping them. It would just make more sense to release her last. And if they didn't want to release her, then she'd be the same as Merida was in the first collection: known, just not made. I think this point just became a string of my consciousness on the topic. All this being said, I doubt Anna's going to be a part of this collection.
BECAUSE!
If you also remember back to the first collection, they were released alongside the coronation of Rapunzel. This year, Merida is supposed to be having her own coronation as well. (I remember watching that on youtube. Corniest and campiest thing I've ever seen...even for Disney standards. I. Adored. It.) So, somehow I do truly believe that Merida is going to be in this collection. (And that's really the only work I can show in regards to that point.)

I know that I kind of started a rampage by stating how someone mentioned a CM said the designer collection will be couple themed...but...it's still really up in the air. CM's really aren't the most reliable sources of information because of the telephone effect. I was told of LE Oz dolls at 65$ a pop...and nothing. There was the rumor of an LE Tink and nothing. But then they have been rather reliable in other cases. So, I mean...don't panic yet. Couples could just be the code word for "Bridal". That is a collection that makes considerably more sense in my mind than a "Two Doll Couple Set". Every year, there are A TON of Disney Princess inspired bridal (and prom and *I think* bridesmaid) dresses made. Not only would it be yet another princess collection that is "new", but it would also serve as a major product advertisement and selling strategy. The bride loves Ariel? Well...not only did she *shell* out a TON of money on a gown inspired by Ariel, but she also *floundered* up an additional batch of *clams* for a doll of Ariel in the same bridal gown. (I do hate myself for the puns...but I'd have hated myself more for not using them.) And then the same could be true for the other princesses. I do agree with a bunch of people on here that say the Bridal Collection wouldn't be that popular. I wouldn't care for them simply because they aren't my aesthetic. But...really? I think that it would surprise us and sell wildly. It'd be Princess, Big Fluffy Gowns, and Bridal Fantasy. Make them the original exclusivity in edition sizing and they'd be gone. They could only make the princesses that have been shown in wedding gowns or still do every princess because each one would be representative of a different culture or aesthetic. It really doesn't matter if they have a love interest or husband, they can still wear a wedding gown.

I do think that the "Couples" rumor is true, but I don't think that they will do a *literal* theme. If they did, then I think it would be far too big a risk. They'd have to make better molds for the guys so they aren't just afflicted with smiling rigamortis next to a fully pose-able princess. So, the price would go up for that. Then the price would have to go up for the larger display cases so they aren't so cramped together (ESPECIALLY with all the tons of plastic packaging Disney use nowadays.) And then, the up-charge for the two dolls. If they want to take that risk, then I think that they would do MASSIVE polling and trolling around to see if it would work. I know that people have cried out for a Designer Prince collection, but after reading all the responses that have come from it...oh they'd be on the website for a long.long..long...long....long.....long......long time. They'd probably be on there long enough to become a "2 for 20" special.

So, much like someone recently said, I do think that this collection will be "Designer _____ Princess" themed and the next one will be a "Designer Other Girls" theme. I agree with you entirely, whoever said it first. Princesses in the D23 event year and Others in a non-eventful year. I was there. I saw all the hype that they were building up and promoting. I wasn't on board because the princesses aren't really my favorites, but I heard people buy 2 or 3 sets at a time. I almost bought a D23 Cinderella simply because of her exclusivity, but decided "Nah...someone else will actually want her because she's Cinderella." And then, she was completely sold out and the surrounding stores started selling the regular Cinderellas early because of how insanely crazed the people had become. They...were...CRAZY! And then, for funzies, I would people watch the day before and of the in-store doll releases. (I worked in the mall at that time so it wasn't out of my way to watch them.) People lined up over night just to get one doll. Then, for the final 5, a swarm of people began to line up and sleep outside for an entire day before they were released. The villains...not so much. Maybe a half hour before the store opened, but it was so much less crazy than the princesses. (And I'm sure price and edition size played a huge factor as well, but still. There was considerably less hype.) I do have the entire collection...but I didn't really care about them until they were reduced...and then reduced again...and I had a very nice coupon for them. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if this year was all about the "Designer _____ Princess" and next year was all about the "Designer Other Girls". I'll be a little perturbed because I'd rather have what I want now, but I'll enjoy all the money I'll save in the process.

So, I don't know if anyone is gonna read all of this, I mean, it's a lot. But, they are my speculations and hopefully someone will enjoy them. We can't have any new dolls today, so I enjoy reading other people's thoughts in the mean time. Oh yeah, and if you are really reading this, I know what the actual new designer line will be. A friend of a friend is friends with one of the designers. She was sworn to secrecy, but let it slip. The designer line...yeah, I don't really know what it is. I was just messing with you to see if you were still reading. I couldn't help myself.

Well, let's see. Disney's big ups are Princesses and Villains. Heroes was possibly a lost clause since they used to see action figures in 2004 but IDK whatever became of that. I feel as if a logical one would be Princesses with a higher LE Size. I for one would be thrilled as Ariel and Frozen (BIG maybe) are coming up and it has been a low key first half of the year, but IMAGINE the second half of the year. Ariel, Ana, Elsa, Designer Collection! Maybe even they will do something with this designer collection and add a special one like silver Cinderella. If it's Gals this time, then I hope they make Galans with Hercules, Quasi, Phoebus, The Mad Hatter, Roger, Peter Pan, Roger Rabbit, Milo and Tarzan. If they re-do princesses, then kudos to them for re-doing what should have been better than it will possibly be AGAIN. And if they re-do a Designer Villains line but snazzify it with Wicked Second Volume and add Tremaine, Narissa, Madam Medusa, Madame Mim when she turns pretty, Elsa, Yzma and Helga Sinclair. Just putting my 2cents in LOL. I wish for either Princes or Gals so there can be Galans but we will possibly be getting Princesses (AGAIN but Better!:angel::drool or Villains. I single out Male Villains since Femme Fatale Villains don't seem very done yet but with only the Jafar Classic Doll, I can FEEL and SENSE Male Villains in the future. Another 2cents but now I am finished. From, Charly <3

IF they did male villains i'd probably get Gaston and Facilier ! I can imagine male villian dolls looking awesom!!!

And I included Roger Rabbit as they will possibly surprise us with Jessica since she was skipped in terms of 17" LE Dolls as well as Esmeralda. And as for Jane looking like Belle, they aren't ALL the same as Jane had yellow, yes she did but some purple and a hat so yeah. :anxious:This surprise thing is SUCH a NAILBITTER! I am beginning to think it will be (DARE I SAY IT!)....:rant:.nothing.:cry:

Someone on Facebook did state that their cast member at Disney claimed the new designer collection will be couples, which i assume are wedding themed, im just curious as to how that would work........like would the couples be sold separately or together in one package, and what could these dolls cost?

If it is Couples then it would make sense, male dolls on their own wouldn't do that well.

The question is... is it just from the "Princess" selection or have others been included like Esmeralda & Phoebus, Hercules & Megara, Tarzan & Jane...? :x:

well, she did also state that snow white and Ariel were definitely part of the collection, so yea it looks like the "main princesses" again.

well, she did also state that snow white and Ariel were definitely part of the collection, so yea it looks like the "main princesses" again.

If this is true...I'm glad that Disney made me disinterested in the Designer line ^_^ (unless this line isn't Designer at all but rather just a whole new line entirely) since I really don't like the idea of having 2 Designer princesses and on top of that...wedding pins?!?!? Nope. Not for me. I'll get the pins and probably use them as a trader

Whilst some cast members in the past have been spot on with their information I think it is way too far out for them to know much about the line unless they are high up in the chain. I dunno maybe I jut don't want to believe it because I really don't like the idea of couples.

im really just keeping an eye out for something more concrete.

I agree, you never know for certain until Disney officially releases the news.

I'm personally hoping for the leading ladies myself. Alice, Meg, Jane, Esmerelda, Merida, etc. Or maybe even the supporting girls like Charlotte, Jessica , nakoma...

I consider Charlotte and Jessica and Nakoma as heroines. Maybe it will be heroine couples like Meg and Herc, Esme and Pheebs, Alice and Mad Hatter (LONG shot), Anita and Roger (LONGER shot), ETC. I'm just saying. They didn't say ROYAL couples did they????

I still say Couples is unlikely. As much as I'd love a Rapunzel/Flynn set, they've already tried two LE's in a set and it didn't work. Not to mention they'd have to completely change how they produce them. Like Kupo said, if they made it couples or wedding I'd say that would definitely make me uninterested in the line. The already did LE and regular Rapunzel wedding and regular Cinderella wedding, soo...

I also think LE males are unlikely right now. Today's male doll molds have just not come far enough to produce dolls lovely enough for the designer line. And when I think of male fashion, I think of GQ... and the pose on the front cover of GQ every month is exactly the same... Not interesting enough

The way I see it, Disney really only has one option if they intend to continue the Designer line which would somehow be Designer Heroines (they could call it whatever they wanted, but it would essentially include Merida and other females that haven't gotten the treatment yet). If they move onto couples, they might just make a Wedding theme or something, but I think the Designer line should end here if they plan on doing couples <_<

I'm realllly hoping for heroines! But if they did wedding i'd definitely get belle/beast .... even though it wouldnt be beast it would be him in his human form ! But beast would actually be pretty interesting if they made him really cool and not like the wierd disney store doll xD. And pocahontas and john smith...BUT they dont even stay together so I bet she wouldnt even be included in the line

they would never do this...but a cool line up would be the princesses dressed as their villians! But in a glamourous way! Like belle in a gaston inspired outfit/dress and stuuf

they would never do this...but a cool line up would be the princesses dressed as their villians! But in a glamourous way! Like belle in a gaston inspired outfit/dress and stuuf

That is probably the ONLY way I wouldn't mind if they did the Designer Princesses again, even if we've already seen Ariel and Ursula Designer pins and the pin was just a mix of the two, that would be amazing!

That is probably the ONLY way I wouldn't mind if they did the Designer Princesses again, even if we've already seen Ariel and Ursula Designer pins and the pin was just a mix of the two, that would be amazing!

Ahh it would be so cool! Tiana as facilier would be AMAAAAZING!!! I bet they aren't even going to do a designer line this year but something completely different!

I agree with people saying they might do something completely different this year. Maybe they are tired of the 'Designer' line especially after the whole Villain thing last year.

I am going to ask my cast members when I go in next week. They told me about Tremaine when I pestered them enough so maybe I can get them to pull out the book. I also may be able to get a picture of the LE 17 Ariel doll, but no promises. I can't wait any longer, I just do not see couples as being a possibility, so I must try and confirm it for myself lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.