• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was there for the dolls. The pin set, at least the amount of them they allotted for the day, was sold out by 10:30 am. This was confirmed by numerous employees. They had to have sold more than 250 of the dolls as we were keeping a pretty good count of people ahead of us and how many left with bags big enough to hold the doll box.

Some pictures for those wondering (including me) how Belle+Beast, Rapunzel+Flynn will be boxed.
Beast is facing sideways behind Belle, Flynn is holding (?) Rapunzel's waist? They look a little crammed. Also some new merch featuring Rapunzel solo on a tee, the Belle shirt, and a cosmetic bag featuring Jas, Ariel, and Punzie.

The Belle-Beast pose looks interesting. A little sad.. but interesting.

I am not sure about the pose for Rapunzel-Flynn isn't too good for display.
Flynn is completely hidden by Rapunzel.
This is a little disappointing.. All right, Rapunzel is the true star of the set (the other 4 are balanced, but this one.. Nope) but put them like this?

Yes is very romantic (holding her waist, i love romance!!) :) but soo bad for display mode. I mean: they're a couple set, the male part is HIDE.. :nono:

Last edited:
Wow! That Ariel and Eric mug looks amazing! If it only it held more to drink I'd buy it, I hate mugs that hold so little and they don't look that big :(

The mugs are actually bigger than they appear. My sister went to D23 today and she got the Beauty & the Beast Mug. I'd say it probably holds 12 ounces.

I am not sure about the pose for Rapunzel-Flynn isn't too good for display.
Flynn is completely hidden by Rapunzel.
This is a little disappointing.. All right, Rapunzel is the true star of the set (the other 4 are balanced, but this one.. Nope) but put them like this?

Yes is very romantic (holding her waist, i love romance!!) :) but soo bad for display mode. I mean: they're a couple set, the male part is HIDE.. :nono:

I agree. The Rapunzel and Flynn pose does not work well at all for display. In the shot below I'm not sure how Flynn is even managing to stay on top of the base of the display box.

The princesses should be the most visible, but not so much so that the princes can hardly be seen. I think it would have been better if they had Rapunzel and Flynn facing one another, but angled out slightly so that their faces were more visible to the viewer. They could have held the lantern together. These changes would make them seem much more connected. The way they were posed makes it look like Rapunzel is posing for the camera and is trying to get Flynn out of her shot. Lol

Last edited:
The way they were posed makes it look like Rapunzel is posing for the camera and is trying to get Flynn out of her shot. Lol

:lol: This is so funny! And so true! "Get out of here! Is my magical moment!!" :lol:

But maybe i understand.. the true "designer couple" are Rapunzel and her loved Lantern!! :love:

Last edited:
If money were no object, I would buy two sets: one to keep in the box as-is, and another to debox and repose. The DFDC doll set has so many problems with their in-box poses (just like Designer Mother Gothel and Designer Jasmine), that if I manage to put in a pre-order for the full set, I will have to repose most of them, even if it means deboxing them. The way DFDC Rapunzel is posed to block out Flynn is really unforgivable. Plus, the dolls appear to have even more plastic braces in the packaging that will be very unsightly for display.

If money were no object, I would buy two sets: one to keep in the box as-is, and another to debox and repose. The DFDC doll set has so many problems with their in-box poses (just like Designer Mother Gothel and Designer Jasmine), that if I manage to put in a pre-order for the full set, I will have to repose most of them, even if it means deboxing them. The way DFDC Rapunzel is posed to block out Flynn is really unforgivable. Plus, the dolls appear to have even more plastic braces in the packaging that will be very unsightly for display.

The box had 2 build-in stands , so 100% i will debox and repose them in a better position :)

Uhh...I really want that Snow White! I'm hoping to pick her up in store on the 20th as I'm flying back home from the states on the 21st so I've no hope of getting it online. Do you think they'll do the dolls first come first served or is it that randomiser thing they done with the Villains dolls? Or have I completely missed some kind of announcement about it all? I'm currently at WDW and was planning on buying a few more things but I think I might instead keep that money and buy a few things online when they're released on August 12th

Sorry, this is kinda off topic, but..

Does anyone know how much A Designer Ariel doll sells for? My sister might sell hers, she hasn't decided yet. :S
It's brand new and has never been opened. It even comes with the Disney Store cardboard box.

9476696740_3fd209cd66.jpg

Hmmm....really not liking how Rapunzel and Flynn are posed in the box. They were my favorite couple from this series, but this pose is silly looking with Flynn's arms around Rapunzel's waist...and Rapunzel is holding up the lantern right in front of Flynn's face! And now it looks like you can't even see Flynn's satchel and Rapunzel's crown. :( I feel like they would have looked much better posed like this...

9418191326_927f7fcb18_m.jpg

Sorry, this is kinda off topic, but..

Does anyone know how much A Designer Ariel doll sells for? My sister might sell hers, she hasn't decided yet. :S
It's brand new and has never been opened. It even comes with the Disney Store cardboard box.

She has been selling around $300-$400 on eBay. I would think she would go closer to the $400 range now that people are hyped up about the Designer collections again. :)

Last edited:
I just checked UK's ebay and the cheapest Designer Ariel is 600 USD, and thats without shipping :S

There were less dolls distributed over in the UK, so there were fewer that got her. I think the price reflects this :) Here, she is worth $300-$400, but over there it seems that all of the dolls sell for more! If you are planning to sell her within the UK, you can probably get more, but if you sell her to a buyer over here they are probably not willing to pay much more than $400. Good luck!

I also despise how Flynn and Rapunzel are posed. He looks like he is going to karate chop her waist! Lol. If I buy them I will definitely be moving them around. I think a simple solution would be to raise his arm like he is holding up the lantern too? It would be hard to decide for sure until they are in hand though :eek:

my guess for them arranging them like this would be to make it more intimate and couply lol who knows i am hoping to get her when they release her sep. third at the disney store especially with their random drawing numbers out of a hat for her.

Awwww, that is really sad :( Sorry to hear that all the scalpers had no problems but actual collectors lost out. People really need to be strong and stop supporting the sharks.

My good friend stood in line for SEVEN HOURS and then had to watch as people walked away with more than one doll, when he was so close, and then they announced that she was sold out. :/ Needless to say, he is not happy! I feel so bad for him waiting for so long for nothing...

To bad your friend missed on the doll ElysionsPrincess :/ if I was in your place, I would have been extremely mad as well. The Golden Snow White now retails for a price of $500-600 on Ebay. Although I kinda consider it a "Fair Price" as for those who couldn't go save prices on the D23 entrance, plane tickets, hotel stays, food, and hours and hours of waiting in long lines, I don't feel like on spending that much on Prince Charming and Snow White.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get it. It would have been one thing to wait that long and get it, but to end up without it is terrible. It's really sad when people go to a con and can't even get the item they were after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back