• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
if not, I am certainly trying my hand at a custom! :lol:

You should! I have been slowly working on my own Designer Megara, Esmeralda
& Jane for a while now as I made my own doodles for their outfits a couple of years ago - it's really fun and you will enjoy the process! I got a bit sidetracked as I have just finished a custom pink gown Ariel :D

It just hit me last night -- with the upcoming releases of Aladdin and The Little Mermaid, maybe the new "line" could be from one of these?! Seems more possible to me than a random doll of Kida, Eilonwy (not even a chance), or Jane. TLM seems like more of a fit to be a designer line.... I can see Ariel and her sisters, human Ariel and Vanessa. But then who does really know except Disney? Just something I thought that might be a logical choice $$$ wise and it would coincide with a release... I'm sorry, but once again I just truly, truly, truly do not believe Disney will throw money away making thousands of dolls of random characters from older not-so-mainstream movies.
I agree with jrsinger, I cannot see Disney making the lesser known characters. Though I would love it and to be fair, Disney does surprise their fans with out of the mainstream offerings from time to time and D23 would be the place to do that, but the edition size would probably be so limited it would not make it out of D23, so I am betting that it will be a special Little Mermaid set or they go back to the princesses in a new theme. The Designer Princesses and Villains were announced in June. The princesses were offered at D23 in August but did not start selling/shipping until the fall which gives them a holiday launch, that is why I am thinking TLM or a princess theme because that fits in more with their marketing strategy.

Haute Couture Princesses/Heroines/Villains? I'm down!!
but I don't think Disney would allow it :p On the whole the Designer Princess collection was safe and modest. Realistically I don't see the characters being portrayed this way, even though I think it could be fresh and awesome. I was a little surprised they took such liberties with the villains- some of them (ahem-Cruella) were pretty racy. So I might be mistaken, but they'll probably go for a different approach. Love the concept though!

I would want princes ONLY if they do them justice and don't get lazy.
I think Heroines or Fairies would look cool, but there might be concern about their marketability, as others have said. I do think Merida would be included if there were to be another Designer collection.
And I know it wouldn't happen, but I'd love to see something of Lotte and/or Tiger Lily, two of my fav supporting ladies.
What if they're leaving the Designer collections behind entirely? Maybe starting with something fresh?

Oh believe me, I don't believe they'll do this either, I just thought it was a great concept - definitely 'designer' :)

What if they're leaving the Designer collections behind entirely? Maybe starting with something fresh?

This is always a possibility as well, but we really don't know seeing as if they step away from Designer pins and dolls, there are millions of possibilities that we can't even begin to speculate on.

What if they do male villains as a surprise to us thinking otherwise? We are here suspecting heroines and princes and faeries when they could have male villains in the bag. ??????

Male villains are honestly more likely imo than even male princes because all the male villains look drastically different and a designer of them would all be very different from one another. I mean between Jafar and Shan Yu which would have something from their respective cultures, Hades is Greek with a toga, Facilier has a tux and a top hat, Captain Hook could definitely be designed around a Designer Pirate, and Clayton could be in a plain tux :)

Well, this is a surprise supposedly so there will probably SURPRISE us and make heroines with the least expected and more. Just a suggestion.

Honestly, just because Merida is now a princess doesn't mean she can't be with these other leading ladies. I mean, if they called it "Designer Leading Ladies; Designer Femme Fatales; Designer Disney Girls; Disney Designer Damsels" Merida and all of them could be in the same set. The R/C Disney Girls pin set included both princesses and even the most obscure ones like Ms. Piggy so I see no problem with having Merida be a princess.

BTW, I just realized that a Designer Other Females (IDK what to call them now) could also be very diverse because if they used Elizabeth Swann in her Queen of the Pirates outfit, I could see a really nice Designer Pirate outfit :)

Honestly, just because Merida is now a princess doesn't mean she can't be with these other leading ladies. I mean, if they called it "Designer Leading Ladies; Designer Femme Fatales; Designer Disney Girls; Disney Designer Damsels" Merida and all of them could be in the same set. The R/C Disney Girls pin set included both princesses and even the most obscure ones like Ms. Piggy so I see no problem with having Merida be a princess.

BTW, I just realized that a Designer Other Females (IDK what to call them now) could also be very diverse because if they used Elizabeth Swann in her Queen of the Pirates outfit, I could see a really nice Designer Pirate outfit :)

It will be interesting to see what they do as they def have to include Merida in the line this year as I can imagine they would want to capitalize and promote her inauguration. This is why I believe they are more likely to do something different to a designer line, so that they can include Merida in the princess line. I just think if they release her in another line it will take away from her being classed as a Dosney princess especially since it will be happening around that time. Hence why I think that because they want to promote Merida and include her in the line they will make a different line of Princess dolls, one which will include Merida in the line.

its tough because as much as I'd prefer to see designer dolls of different/other characters I think that it may be unlikely at this stage. Then again this is just my opinion based on my observation and research.

in terms of releasing an Elizabeth Swan I find this unlikely as I noticed that Disney tends to steer away from real live action characters. Last year Disney released John carter but there were no LE type dolls released for it like they had done with Brave and Wreck It. Granted they do release character dolls but these are usually the smaller cheaper dolls just like they did with John Carter and Oz. But who knows Disney have been known to follow a pattern for a while then suddenly change things around so I am sure we will all be in for a surprise when they announce the next line of dolls, be it designer or princess or whatever it may be. :D

Disney Store has been releasing a lot of Alice stuff recently. I feel as if they are planning something with her soon. HMMMMMMMM.....

For Alice??? That would be very unexpected...but I'm thinking that they have covered her for awhile; they did all the plush, the two 17" LE dolls, the mini figs....just not sure they would focus on her now - the DS seems to do things in stages; with Aladdin and TLM coming next, they will focus on those.

I think the main reason I want another Designer set is because deep down...I just REALLY want a Designer Vanellope >_<

Either way, whatever they do make, even if it is another Designer line, do you guys think they'll make pins of the dolls too, dolls are a given, but the pins not so much??? I honestly hope I don't like whatever the new line is so I can buy the pins of the new line and just trade them for Designer pins which I really like ^_^

RIGHT!? And it's not even at a reduced price tag? What the eff? If other individuals pop back up, I'll be both happy and unhappy...and complete my collection.

Wow! Had I not already bought maleficent and evil queen, I'd consider buying the set. Only need queen of hearts and gothel whose currently pegwarming at my local store.

wonder when they will sell out. I think the only two who will sell out soon are Cruella and Ursula. Gothel maybe and the queen of heart wil probably last until our coveted and hopefully obtained heroine line with Alice LOL.

I'm actually surprised Cruella hasn't sold out yet. She use to be the most famous/popular villain until Maleficent dethroned her. And her doll is stunning. With Ursula she is really popular but I know a lot of people don't like the fact that she was slimmed down. And most people probably think Gothel is too "plain" but she is truly beautiful in person. QoH's is very beautiful, but she was the one to undergo the most changes maybe people don't know who she is suppose to be.

I REALLY would love if Maleficent reappeared at the discounted price.

Well with thirteen thousand it would take a while. I have seen an Ursula doll in the 10,000 number section so yeah. Cruella is beautiful and actually a blessing to have there. Queen of Hearts is a cross between her modern movie and retro movie LOL plus my favorite. Gothel could have been handled SOOOO much better and sadly she is the overflow one cuz DS SF was swamped with Gothel Dolls and mugs and a journal.

You're right. I got the Queen of Hearts and I think she's stunning. When other people see my collection, they pause and ask who she is. In all reality, it seems really sketchy if this full collection is actually back up for sale...and they haven't re-released Evil Queen and Maleficent singular dolls. I wonder if the Disney Store actually runs a few secondary vendors for extra profit...a little conspiracy theory food for thought. ;)

You're right. I got the Queen of Hearts and I think she's stunning. When other people see my collection, they pause and ask who she is. In all reality, it seems really sketchy if this full collection is actually back up for sale...and they haven't re-released Evil Queen and Maleficent singular dolls. I wonder if the Disney Store actually runs a few secondary vendors for extra profit...a little conspiracy theory food for thought. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. You would think if they had the whole series up that the other sold out villians would be available too.

In other news, anyone going to D23?

I had a thought, I've been doing some reading on the new Disney movie Frozen set to premiere in November 2013. Is it possible that this release of dolls and pins, could be a pre view of merchandise in regards to this movie.

I had recently posted about this in another thread or maybe this one. They could have possibly learned that there will be spoiler stress if they release the stuff early so maybe they will do something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back