• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I tried buying Maleficent 5 times today but everytime it said that there was a problem or something I'm guessing it had sold out :(

oh man i really hope it is a heroine series! I would want them all, if they did meg, jane, kida, esmerelda etc! ahhhhh I am hoping it will be a heroine set!!! I'm not sure if i'd want any of the princes and i dont know how they'd make them look as lovely as the princesses? hmm

if they concoct a second volume of Femme Fatale vilains with Tremaine, Medusa, Madame Mim in her spinal tap/pretty tall form, Narissa, Helga and YZMA!!!!!!! Sales would probably go down like this - Tremaine-Queen of Hearts, Medusa-Evil Queen, Narissa-Maleficent, Madame Mim- Ursula, Helga- Cruella deVil and Yzma- Gothel.

If people are hesitant on a Heroine line, I cannot see another Female DV set happening. While I see Tremaine and Narissa being popular and Yzma being fairly popular, I cannot see the other 3 fairing so well, though I want me some Designer Helga Sinclair!!!!

Well, I am now excited for this collection. I just completed my Designer Villain collection and am totally excited to see who will be in the next collection. While I only collect villain goodies, seeing all those dolls together has me both a bit awestruck and looking forward to what is next to come. :D

I'm a little verklempt. So...um...I heard...well...read potential vomit bag clutching news. Apparently some CM let it slip that the new designer collection will feature couples. Couples. That is your topic. Couples. Tawk amungst yaselves.

I'm a little verklempt. So...um...I heard...well...read potential vomit bag clutching news. Apparently some CM let it slip that the new designer collection will feature couples. Couples. That is your topic. Couples. Tawk amungst yaselves.

Even if that is true, there's still lots of possibilities if all they said was Couples - But it makes me think maybe a bride princess collection could happen after all. You know they had to consider wanting to add Mickey and Minnie into a line as popular as this, it wouldn't work as separate dolls, as a couples set it could. This could also work for the Prince's too as now they wouldn't have to worry about the guys not selling well releasing them separate which wouldn't have worked. On the other hand I feel like that is a HUGE and obvious means of rehashing and cutting costs - they wouldn't have to design new dolls, they would just use the same sculpts from the original Princess line and put them with a doll of a matching prince in new outfits. Cheap, easy, effective..... not quite magical for me though lol. Guess we still have more to speculate, I wish we'd get some solid hints.

I was among those hoping for a designer Alice to go with the Queen of Hearts. =( Never really believed I could be that lucky, but still it's disappointing if this news is true ...

If it is done well I certainly wouldn't have a problem with this concept if it is true, as they will most likely stick with the princess/prince couples. I can also see how this might perhaps be a bridal theme (though Pocahontas with John Smith as a marriage couple is a huge no-no!). I don't know if they would include Mickey & Minnie or Donald & Daisy in it, as they are not really marketed in the 12" doll format. However, this does also open the door to other couples like Hercules & Megara, Tarzan & Jane (in jungle-couture?!?), and Esmeralda & Phoebus, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Oh yeah, and at 2 dolls per box as couples, I can totally see them retailing in the $100+ price range. $$$$$$

Last edited:
OOOHHH! I am excited!!!

Get ready...

The PINS are coming!!

This will be a must have set for me!!

Imagine Ariel and Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn! Belle and Adam! Tiana and Naveen! :D

I think this is a clever way to do a designer prince line.. By themselves I don't think they would sell very well, but coupled with princesses.... definitely.

:hsd:

No, but maybe they'd make Fergus & Elinor instead?

I don't know if they would do Fergus... he would have a different body structure than the other princes... which would make him more expensive to make....

BUT I WOULD LOVE IT IF THEY MADE THEM!!!!!!!!!

I really just want to know. You know? :suspect:
If it is a couple theme...then I'm good. They don't fit in to my collecting aesthetic. (Not Disney's problem, just mine.) I am all for some Naveen (as a solo doll) to go with my Tiana since they are my favorites. (Belle and Adam had a good long run, but I relate more to Tiana...and...have you seen Naveen? ;) )
But, whatever they do after this, I do hope that they consider a "Leading Ladies" collection because of all the hype we've built up for it on here already. :/ I'd love a designer Esmeralda, Jessica Rabbit, and (most likely) Megara. (And a designer Vanelope wouldn't hurt either.)
But, if they do end up making the Designer Couples like the CM said, then I foresee a great increase in my bank account. :D

Well this is the best news, at least personally! I just got my Designer Aurora 10 days ago for my birthday, to match my Designer Maleficent I received for Christmas. I'd love to see a Designer Couple Collection, though I do have one problem... While all of our favorite ladies got new head molds, the boys were left to rot. The newer Disney Princess dolls look a bit less cartoony, and more doll like(?) Though the princes just look bad. I mean, as much as I love Phillip, I would not love to buy a designer doll of him with the cheap doll mold. Personally I'd love to see Snow's Prince, Prince Charming, Phillip, and maybe a few others get new molds to look a little nicer. I think Eric, Aladdin, Naveen, and Flynn/Eugene look great, and don't really need new molds. I'd die if it was a Designer Wedding Collection, it's my dream doll set. Picture does not belong to me, just posting to show current version of the Prince dolls.
$(KGrHqZ,!iQF!9nH1I+8BQUMHizjrg~~60_57.JPG

I really hope it isn't DC (Designer Couples) but I see that being very likely. Considering the first idea many of us had before Heroines or anything else was Heroes, it is likely that this release will allow the heroes to be placed alongside their princesses. This would be good because it would help sell the pins/dolls more considering princesses are more popular than their princes, while at the same time allowing those of us who want princes to see what they would look like in all their glory. I only one question really:

Will they use the same Designer Princess models they used or will they be redesigned as well?

If they make Designer Couples, it will honestly make me not want to collect Designer pins anymore because as I've said previously, I really only want one of each character to lineup on a run way so having 2 of each princess (1 of them alone, 1 of them with their prince) would look odd and I wouldn't care so much for it. I'd also seriously hope they release the set on DS.com so I at least have a chance of getting it if I tried this time around. I'll wait to see the concept art but worst comes to worst, if the set is just THAT nice, I'll get the DC set and then the DVs, but I won't need to get the DP's since I'll have them already with their prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back